Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

wtb good used tm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevareno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wtb good used tm
    Posted: 12/July/2005 at 10:13am

I'm new to this forum but not new to the business.  I've owned two Butler units and we run 1 white magic at the present time..   Most of our work has been confined to local residentual but we've recently branched out into commercial accounts which involves more traveling.    I'm looking to purchase a good used tm in the 10,000 to 12,000.00 range.  It needs to have plenty of power since some of these commercial accounts include high rise buildings.  Would a tm with a pto shaft be better or should I consider a slide in unit?  Any insight would be helpful.  Also, what brand would you guys recommend?

Thanks,

Steve

Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/July/2005 at 3:30pm
If you have techs use cds they are for the brain dead.  Slide ins need much more attention they are for the owner operator.Guitar
Just My opinion
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/July/2005 at 3:05am

Cleanco,Aquatech,Steamway are the machines I've used on a regular basis

The Steamway has been my favorite as far as cleaning performance but I've stopped letting my tech use it

seems everytime he does there is an issue,yet when I use it,she works great all day long

he uses the Cleanco...........it's been very good to me for almost 3 years and I bought it used.

if you're doing highrises another thing to consider is that you can lock up a Pto van tight while working where as you need doors open for a slide in

have a look on this very website and Ted has a couple Cleanmore TM's for sale which I've only heard very good things about........plus they're very nice looking machines IMO

A.K.A.
Andy
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/July/2005 at 3:09pm

Cleanmores are the best... but they start around 20 grand.... 90% stainless...

sweet machines

www.mr-steamer.com
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/July/2005 at 9:24pm

$12,000 down and payments????

been to they're website,,very nice machines..........apparantely there is a waiting list for a new one

A.K.A.
Andy
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/July/2005 at 11:15pm

They are two men with big hearts.  It's nice as a manufacture to be in a position to call all the shots.     Phil tells me.....when it's time for my lunch G. I shut down and I don't care who's in my shop.....it's lunch time.

The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/July/2005 at 8:46am
Certainly nice to be in that position.
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/July/2005 at 5:09pm

they are closed for 3 weeks....

and your right if you go at 12 noon you'll wait until one ....lol

you might be able to build that same machine for about 12 grand... maybe 10...

they are running that with a 4 banger liquid cooled engine, which also heats the water with heat exhangers.... he also has exhaust heat exchangers for the fire power...

I figure the engine will run about 3500... plus around 2500 for the blower..

1000 bucks for a cat pump

the boxed iron for the frame 250....

some heavy duty pullies 450..

gages and misc... maybe another 1000...

I'm sure you can pick up some ready made tanks for less that 1000

www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/July/2005 at 6:10pm
Mr. Steamer build you own and call it a Steam More?
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/July/2005 at 9:31pm

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I like it... I will build it....

the Steam More modles..... the S the Se the SEX and the SEX-ER

www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/July/2005 at 10:14pm

Tooo many modles to chose from?  Just have on the SEXIEST?

Just My opinion
stevareno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevareno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/July/2005 at 8:35am
The SEXIEST Model should have plenty of extra hose for demanding situations
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/July/2005 at 2:38pm
and a lot of suction
www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/July/2005 at 3:48pm
I think a bigger hose may be in order also??
Just My opinion
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>