Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

AQUATECH TM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xenon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AQUATECH TM
    Posted: 22/March/2004 at 11:25pm

Hi, the name is Gord, run a small carpet and furnace cleaning service near Edmonton, Alberta.

I am running a 24 year old Aquatech system that is driven by hydraulics.

Is there anyone else out there running this machine?

Just looking for some input on this unit from others.

Thanks Gord

Sponsored Links

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/March/2004 at 3:42pm

Hello Xenon,

I purchased an old Aquatech truck mount two years ago and put it into a newish very nice looking van. Bought it at an excellent price but put a fortune into it to bring it up to standards. I loved this unit but I guess it looked too good and was stolen from my lot.

My other Aquatech story is that in the 70's we had steam offs at conventions in Toronto to prove who had the best truckmount. The manufacturer from Edmonton came in to show off his new Western creation. We were all impressed by his automatic hydrolic hose reel. While he was standing at the back of the van someone pushed the engage button. The wheel spun and the end of the solution hose with the large quick coupler swung around and hit him in the head and knocked him out cold.

I think a few guys felt sorry for him and chose his mount over the rest. What a way to sell.

xenon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xenon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/March/2004 at 3:57pm

I bought the unit for the price of $1.00 CDN including the van.

The van itself is a 1980 Ford E-250 with 1 ton rear springs and has only 68500 kms on it.

The unit was well stored with antifreeze in the lines so no damage occurred.  The unit has 397 original hours on it.

The unit was stored on blocks in a guys barn for 20 years!!

The only thing i have had to put into it was new high pressure hose (the 2" suction hose is still in like new condition) a new end cap for the heat exchanger (i blew it out in the winter) and a new coupling between the hydraulic motor and the blower.

All in total I have put in about $600.00 CDN.

So far I have made enough to pay for it 50 times over.

Oh and it still makes 204 degrees at the unit from a single huge heat exchanger.

Next step is to purchase a Prochem 4 jet wand

Xenon

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/March/2004 at 6:47pm

Aslong as you can service it yourself...you'll make money

nightrider. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/March/2004 at 4:34pm
I didn't think anything stored for so long could still get hot. I'm in my 50's and haven't been stored for a day in my life and I can't get hot
xenon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xenon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/March/2004 at 4:58pm
LMAO
steamdragon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steamdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/March/2004 at 5:16pm

Ted it's time to have another steam off to prove who has

the best truckmount. I'll be there! Good way to promote.

Steamdragon the hotter the better.
xenon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xenon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/March/2004 at 5:24pm

Where are you holding this "steam off" at ?

I am near Edmonton, Alberta

The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2004 at 7:10am
You should look at the 4jet chem-spec wand on our site, it's a deal. It is also just like Pro chems.
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2004 at 7:13am
Steamdragon I would create another " Steam Off " but I'm afraid Pad Man may come and make us look bad.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steamdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2004 at 7:26am

At Ted's place in the parking lot. prizes will be given out for;

1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes for:  best looking truck, obstacle course (pulling a portable up steps with half a tank of dirty water), who can get this stain out fastest and best, a hose tug of war, relay races passing buckets of deodorizer, there will be a raffle for a portable.....and more

there will be demos of new tools and products, suppliers and more.  Of course there will be a big magic show featuring Ted Harding, magicain extraordinaire!   Best of all FREE FOOD!!!!!  All of Ted's merchandise will be on sale!  It will be a great day!

This will be a great way to meet everyone...The nightrider in his big, white truck, Mr. Steamer and all you guys and gals.  If you are interested in attending this great sounding day, please reply to this post.

date: tba

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steamdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2004 at 8:43am

It' s steam off time at Ted's!! All my sub. contractors are interested.

can't wait !                     East  vs WEST

Cleanco vs Cleanmore

slide-in vs pto 

IT"S  SHOW  TIME!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steamdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2004 at 9:14am

Great promo Ted I'll bring my new Steam Dragon Truckmount to show all!!

Your going to need all your cashiers that day to get rid of lots of

inventory$$ Great day to meet your staff and other carpet cleaners

in Canada! Let the games begin!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steamdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2004 at 9:37am

Padman, bring your pads my Steam Dragon will put pads to rest

forever!! TRUCKMOUNTS vs PADS   Bring it on!

Nightrider vs Mr Steamer  

Looser goes home in shame

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>