Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

truck mounts are sh*t

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
Author
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/October/2005 at 9:20pm
Mine is paid for... no payments to be made...no repo man to worry about.... If you only knew keben the difference.... TM envy...????
Sponsored Links

keben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/October/2005 at 9:48pm

Originally posted by John L John L wrote:

Mine is paid for... no payments to be made...no repo man to worry about.... If you only knew keben the difference.... TM envy...????

Not at all,hell i'm even going to buy a portable duct cleaning machine.Just amuses me how people with truckmounts compete with each other .

K & S Cleaning and Restoration Services Westbank BC   
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/October/2005 at 10:04pm

heck i've had my recoil for almost 7yrs now and have no problem satisfying customers...and i still use it when the situation calls.....BUT...

http://tinyurl.com/73xcr

Makes cleaning easier....

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/October/2005 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by keben keben wrote:

Originally posted by doug doug wrote:

when you shake your portable mentality and open your eyes instead of your mouth you will find there is a very large differenct.  with that being said Portables will always have a place in the cleaning industry.

That is true portables will always have a place in the cleaning industry.How many 39 dollar jobs do you have to do a month to make your truck payment?

I don't do $39.00 jobs they are for the porty people?

Just My opinion
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/October/2005 at 10:41pm
If you used one you would want one...in a heart beat....it's all about the money......Like racing...how fast ya wanna go....Money....how fast ya wanna clean....Money...Nah, nah
keben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/October/2005 at 11:28pm

Originally posted by keben keben wrote:

when you shake your portable mentality and open your eyes instead of your mouth you will find there is a very large differenct.  with that being said Portables will always have a place in the cleaning industry.

That is true portables will always have a place in the cleaning industry.How many 39 dollar jobs do you have to do a month to make your truck payment?

I don't do $39.00 jobs they are for the porty people?

I disagree there Doug they are for truckmount people.
keben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/October/2005 at 11:38pm

If you used one you would want one...in a heart beat....it's all about the money......Like racing...how fast ya wanna go....Money....how fast ya wanna clean....Money...Nah, nah

Yeah yeah all about money i see so many firms that are IICR certified in their flyers why do they charge less then for being certified?Of course you have to clean fast to pay for your gas etc for tm's.The carpets are no cleaner  the faster you,I'll stick with my portable and take shorter strokes thankyou,and have a repeat customer.

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/October/2005 at 11:41pm
Dude...I have many repeats...many!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Nah, nah
keben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/October/2005 at 11:49pm

Dude...I have many repeats...many!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Nah, nah

What do you want from me a trophie with a van on it with a hose hanging out of the back? 

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/October/2005 at 12:05am

Keben,

Have you ever used a TM, or are you just pissed at some lowballing IICRC certified firm with a TM that cleans for $39?

keben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/October/2005 at 1:27am
Originally posted by cmaster cmaster wrote:

Keben,

Have you ever used a TM, or are you just pissed at some lowballing IICRC certified firm with a TM that cleans for $39?

I have used truckmounts on several ocasions and really i don't care for them that much.When i'm done a job i just put windshield washer in the pump of my portable to prevent freezing and also have a heater in the back of my van.It still pi$$es me off to see these certified firms lowball everybody else.Do you ever see a doctor lowballing on a throat operation?Of corse not they are getting paid for the time they spent being educated so if we are IIRC certified why shouldn't we get paid for our education and the changes we have to keep up with in this industry.The same is also true for fire and water damage restoration.

spruce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/October/2005 at 2:40am

keben - are these IICRC firms really IICRC certified firms? I don't think so. In the YP here there are 6 or more firms that say they are certified but are not. Go to www.iicrc.org and see if they are. I bet they are not, just have there card and think that all they need.

When I used only a portable my min was $59 so no $39 here. now it is $65.

Portables are great, thats how I paid for my TM in ca$h, it was used but worth it 

I used my porty today on an apartment with a Rotovac. 1 fill and 2 trips up and down is all I needed. With the TM 2 trips as well. $65 + GST and $10 tip

Porty Pro's & Con's

Cheaper to buy and fix

put inside in the cold

better for apartments

better security in buildings

water to fill

water to empty

noise noise noise

going up stairs

fitting between cars and across grass

forget about getting it up spiral stairs

heat

in the way when cleaning 

lifting that dam thing of and on the truck

don't forget to tie it down (I lost a window of my truck at a stop light)

noise 

I will never use my portable in a house again if I don't have to.

TM Pro's & Con's

Filling with water

Emptying the dirty water

Making more $ per hour

Spending more $ per hour

Working less hours for the same $

Heat  

Noise is outside, you can talk and hear your phone ring

Stairs

Security in buildings

Cost to buy

Gas to run

Van is hot in the summer to be in after cleaning

Hoses are lighter than a porty

Look like a Pro  not to many TM that work out of the family car.

There is no such thing as something that is perfect for everything. next thing I am going to buy is a small spotter. The right tool for the right job saves time, stress and makes you more $$$

Please add to this list

A closed mind is like a closed book; just a block of wood
keben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/October/2005 at 3:15am
What about dumping the waste water from the recovery tank in your truck?You can't dump it down a stormdrain or in a ditch,and even some carwashes won't allow you to dump wastewater down the drain.So the place to go is a sani dump which you have to pay for in some cases.The way that i look at it i don't mine scrubbing the customers $hitter with a toilet brush after i have done the cleaning job.
spruce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/October/2005 at 3:45am

Auto pump-out at customers or at home

sain dump at the gas station near me. free with fill $2 with out. need gas all the time.

You make a lot of $$$ to fill that waste tank  still less than 5 min for emptying at sain dump.

Do you like the town homes with some floors with no ware to dump or fill? Up and down the stairs with the pails Don't spill on the clean carpets. Do you use the customers toilet brush or do you have your own? Move-out don't have them at they just cleaned the $hitter.

A lot of the clean I go to put all there junk in the bathroom so that I can clean, this was no fun with the portable. And how come you run out of water with only 10sf left and if you don't you have 5 gal left to pump out.

I will never give up my portable, but I like my TM better.

Maybe if I had auto fill / dump on my portable it might not be so bad.   

Let see 2 power cords 1 fill hose 1 dump hose 1 vac hose 1 solution hose 1 portables all in the way and the noise How many trips do you make to the truck?

Edited by spruce
A closed mind is like a closed book; just a block of wood
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>