Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Water Damage and Fire Damage Restoration Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

FLOOD RES. WHATS THE BEST WAY?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FLOOD RES. WHATS THE BEST WAY?
    Posted: 03/May/2005 at 6:15pm
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GET RID OF MOLD, ON A FLOOD RES..???
mike
Sponsored Links

Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/May/2005 at 6:31pm
Mike better give more information to the flood situation........that's to vague to get the right help.
The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
cmss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/May/2005 at 6:39pm

WELL, its in a basement of a house, and a little mold is starting to form on the coners of the carpet, just wondering whats the best way to go to get rid of it for good.

mike
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/May/2005 at 6:53pm

I don't work out in the field and I am sure the boys will correct me if I am wrong.......first you better pull up the corners of the carpet to be sure that it is dry underneath.  If it is I would spray down a disinfectant like Benefit to kill the mold before it starts to grow and rapidly it will.

That's the best advise I have to say and hopefully more will follow.

The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/May/2005 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by cmss cmss wrote:

WELL, its in a basement of a house, and a little mold is starting to form on the coners of the carpet, just wondering whats the best way to go to get rid of it for good.

I'll give you the short version. If there's mold growing on the carpet, it took way too long to dry. Get rid of the carpet.

cmss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/May/2005 at 12:19am
this has been leaking for a week, at the cust. site thats why it has mold, but i guess i can spray it with disinfectant. I was just wondering if there were any  tricks you guys use.
mike
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/May/2005 at 12:22am

Originally posted by cmss cmss wrote:

this has been leaking for a week, at the cust. site thats why it has mold, but i guess i can spray it with disinfectant. I was just wondering if there were any  tricks you guys use.

Don't try to save a moldy carpet. There is only one trick:

Throw it out

Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/May/2005 at 12:56am
Cmaster it can be saved especially when the mold is just starting in the corners. What do you do throw everything out when you see mold.

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/May/2005 at 12:58am
No, just carpet. It's not worth saving when it's been wet for a week. Probably doesn't smell too pretty right now.There are liabilities here.
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/May/2005 at 1:01am
Ok.........I give up..........you know better then me.

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/May/2005 at 1:08am
In all my experiences it takes 5 or more days of seriously wet carpet, before you have visible mold growth. The odour is usually pretty unpleasant by then. Pretty hard to eliminate the odour even if you completely saturate the carpet with biocide.
Erik06Erik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erik06Erik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/June/2005 at 2:45pm
Looking for some Numbers regarding the Restoration Busniess. Currently own carpet cleaning busniess. We do Resedential and Comercial. How does restoration help my over all busniess? Is there a lot of STaffing?
 Post Reply Post Reply