Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

internet marketing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: internet marketing
    Posted: 01/May/2005 at 12:14am

I tried marketing my website on the internet, some of it works ,most of it doesn't. a COMPANY(which i can't tell you there name) told me i would get an extra 30 appointments a month if i signed up, so i did...i got one call if i was lucky a month from that, i lost money on that.....

Then i was using a different company online and it worked alot better but my listing droped after the frist month.. i was getting 1 call or email a day, which isn't bad i guess

Does anybody know of a really good way to advertise online???

mike
Sponsored Links

Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/May/2005 at 12:17am
You have to make sure that your web master keeps you on the top ten hits. It's hard to keep up with that but the right man would know the way.
The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/May/2005 at 12:29am

That's why they call him a webmaster

Lisa Smith View Drop Down
Cute Buns
Cute Buns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/May/2005 at 12:42am

IMHO internet is not a good way to advertise CCing, put your money into other forms of marketing.

Take care,

Lisa

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/May/2005 at 12:47am
Why not, Lisa?
Lisa Smith View Drop Down
Cute Buns
Cute Buns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/May/2005 at 1:06am

Most who are looking for this service are women, and women are far more likely to either ask a friend or relative for a referral or go to the Yellow Pages or the Coupon Mailers if their friends have not found anyone good. Women are not plugged in to the internet for service professionals.

better to spend the money for a client based marketing type referral program.

Take care,

Lisa

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/May/2005 at 1:19am

If you place your web address in all your advertising and your YP ad, people can go there and get a more in depth view of your business and the services that you offer. Makes for an easier sell.

I wouldn't expect local people to find you on a search engine, but it would help more if they did.

cmss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/May/2005 at 1:25am
you know what worked better on the local search engines, my maid service, people seem to use internet more for the house and office cleaning, but thats a foot in the door for carpet cleaning, i always try to push the carpet cleaning service.
mike
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/May/2005 at 10:29am
Yes cmss Maid Service is a definite foot in the door........your customer's should grow from there especially referrals.
The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

Phoenixcarpet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phoenixcarpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/May/2005 at 9:52pm

adwa,

I have to disagree with you.  Of all the customers calling me, I'd say that 70% of them are women.  The only marketing I do is through the search engines.  Go to yahoo and type in phoenix carpet cleaner, phoenix carpet cleaning, or any of the other cities close to me here in phoenix,AZ.  you will see that Im listed in the top six1, this gets me tons of phone calls from non price shopping customers.  They get to see my unique selling position and they are sold before they even pick up the phone.  I just close the appointment by not being a dumb@ss.  Internet marketing when done right pays big!!!  

Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/May/2005 at 10:25pm
Phoenix what are you disagreeing with me about. Mike's foot in the door or the top ten search engines on the hit list??

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/May/2005 at 10:55pm
He'll get back to you on that
Phoenixcarpet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phoenixcarpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/May/2005 at 11:05am
The fact that the internet advertising works and that women are the ones that are mostly calling me from it. I agree with the two things mentioned in your last post.
 Post Reply Post Reply