Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Urine Stains and General Spot Removal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Gentian Violet Stain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HokieClean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gentian Violet Stain
    Posted: 18/March/2005 at 1:33pm

A person called me saying they had spilled some gentian violet.  The research I've done says I should blot with an alcohol based agent.

Gentian Violet is apparently a natural dye with some use in breastfeeding.  That's what this person was using it for, anyway.  The carpet is nylon fiber.

Has anyone run into this?

Roll on, Buddy
Sponsored Links

cleencarpet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleencarpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/March/2005 at 7:29pm
i would first try pros-choice red relief and a iron that should take it out if
not use pc stain magic and a iron.
Lisa Smith View Drop Down
Cute Buns
Cute Buns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/March/2005 at 9:58pm

Red Relief and Stain Magic will not take out gentian violet stains. Been there...done that! It is a coal tar based dye. Best to consider it impossible. I haven't had a GV stain since I began using Cyclone, but it works SO WELL on marker and artists paints that I would give it a shot on GV just to see what it can do...it sure wouldn't hurt anything!

BTW: Cyclone is absolutely the best spotter for inks, filtration soils, toners, art paints, and many dye stains that I have ever used in eighteen years. It is friggin' AMAZING!!!!!!! Will not allow an ink spot to bleed out either. TRY IT! You won't be disappointed.

You can order it from Padman or Steve Smith in Tennessee.

http://store.ccsop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id= 56&osCsid=75052a4b69f20014f111e2c776f249bc

or

http://vacaway.com/vaCyclone/

I don't recommend it unless it really works, and this stuff does!

Take care,

Lisa

cleencarpet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleencarpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/March/2005 at 10:53pm
Hey Lisa,
wow good info i really thought the pc chems would work i have had
excellent results with them.
i am for sure going to order some Cyclone and test it out looks like it
works very well.

Thanks for the tip.
HokieClean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HokieClean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/March/2005 at 4:35pm

Hey guys,

Thanks for the help. With alcohol based agent we were able to bring a lot of the dye out, but a fainter stain remains.

Somewhere near impossible to get it all out. They were pleased to have some improvement. Would've been nice to be the hero and wipe that stain clean.  So it goes.

Thanks again.

Roll on, Buddy
Cristofer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2010 at 12:46am
No problem man.. it is my pleasure to help others....
 Post Reply Post Reply