Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Urine Stains and General Spot Removal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Sub Floor Extraction

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zero KELVIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sub Floor Extraction
    Posted: 28/February/2005 at 7:12pm

Those of you that odor removal

and do sub floor extraction with out removing pad and not taking up carpet.

like using OSR or other favorite chemical and water claw

could you be causing a bigger problem than you are removing?

with out some kind of air movement how are those spots going to dry

how long does it take mold to take hold.

and do you inform the customer or sign a waiver for this type of service.

Zero KELVIN

Sponsored Links

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2005 at 7:18pm

Actually Kel we've gone over this... doug brought up this very question ages ago.....

you should do a search before you post...lol

I think we got it down to odor removal is impossible without removing the carpet... things such as cat pee can get right down into the wood..

an airmover won't cut it

Edited by MR. STEAMER
www.mr-steamer.com
Zero KELVIN View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zero KELVIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2005 at 7:32pm

I just removed some carpet today other cleaner did sub floor extraction about 4 months ago

Walk in closet carpet backing and sub floor was covered in black mold

musty smell when you went in room.

I removed carpet for disposal and contractor is comming to replace about 3 by 3 sub floor.

And yes I did wear a resparator and gloves wrap carpet in plastic for disopsal.

I have never been a advocate of this sub floor extraction.

NoW is the other cleaner liable for this damage.

I did not get into this with the customer I did not ask who the other cleaner was.

Zero KELVIN

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2005 at 8:19pm
Zero:  I have never been a believer of top down drying.  Lets us talk about the underpad it has a scrim on it to allow the carpet to slide over to assist in installation. Now that is my major concern weather using a claw or no. If you  cannot blow threw it you can not expect it to releace all the moisture. The plywood cannot possible dry because no air can get to it. Unless you happen to put all Claude Blackburn's inventory into the area at once it is cheaper and faster to remove pad and dry carpet and floor. If the previous contractor used a hydro sencor to check the floor what you found could have been the end result.  The sencor only reads down to I think 17 to 18% which is still a problem as far as wood is concerned. I think you should get wood below 15%. Now I could be off a bit I don't happen to have a manual beside me. I do depend on books and no memory.  As far as liaiabiltiy The problem may be prexisting, but it also may be ongoing.  Unlike all the other bum boys who rush out and buy all this junk for urine removal I seem to always be in some kind of discussion  about this. But than again I don't supply the chemicals and gadgets that fix everydays little problems.  If I can't do the job my way it don't get done by me. Zero you can take that to the bank. But I am not from the city and I believe Lee Senter said once things are done differently on the sticks?Guitar

Edited by doug
Just My opinion
LilNiteRidrhood View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2005 at 10:41pm

WHAT??????

Doug you are right almost all the time IMO.

I just like to rib ya once in a while.

Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2005 at 10:49pm
Doug that is the most informative post that you have put here in a long time. Zero you prompted this and I am gaining more respect for you by the day.
The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2005 at 10:51pm

ADWA: that is my contributation for 2005.Guitar

Just My opinion
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2005 at 10:57pm
Thanks Doug I guess your feeling generous before you go on vacation. Something to leave us  while were fighting the snow and your soaking up the sun.
The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2005 at 10:59pm
Damm as usual I get the dirty job.Guitar
Just My opinion
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2005 at 11:25pm
Lee time to change that monkey face, your better looking than that.

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2005 at 12:26am
Kel already knew the answer... so why did he ask???
www.mr-steamer.com
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2005 at 12:29am
Just to annoy us Steamer. That is his style. Remember, this is No-Dic we are talking about here. LOLLOLLOL
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2005 at 12:41am
just do a search... I think we have talked about everything one time or another
www.mr-steamer.com
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2005 at 1:09am

Here is the post link

http://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=253&K W=pet+urine

doug came up with the same great post... and Lee added a few great point ... ted showed some equipment...

not everything that goes on here is foolishness... I think we have covered everything over time

www.mr-steamer.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>