Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Want to buy a Truckmount!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dallas Mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Want to buy a Truckmount!
    Posted: 08/February/2005 at 12:09am

Hello everyone!  I'm currently looking to buy or finance/lease (checking out my options) a truckmount.  If anyone has one for sale or knows somebody who is selling one, please let me know.  Thanks a bunch.

Dallas. 

Sponsored Links

Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/February/2005 at 12:19pm

Lots of places sell them, but if you are buying a new gas powered TM, you really should buy one that you can get serviced at a shop that is local to you. Butlers seem to be the exception to this rule, as they have no dealership network out there to handle this. But they have a very good parts replacement policy that goes along way to compensate for this. If you are in the USA and are not going to buy your unit local to you, that is the unit I recommend. If you were in Canada, I would tell you that Prochems and Cleanco's make good choices up here. The latter is sold by Kleen Kuip here, and they would look after your needs very well.

SGK

Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/February/2005 at 2:38pm

Cleanco is an over rated piece of junk, always has been and always will be. It's just a toy for those who know nothing regarding the real needs that you will be faced with once out in the field, they often have mechanical problems and freeze real easy during the cold months causing lots of expensive repairs comes the spring. The blowers are not powerful enough using 150 foot lengths of vaccuum hose, the impellars stick easy even during summer if not used for a few days, I can piss harder than the psi that comes from their pumps.......But they look nice, if you like fibre glass, and plastic.

Want a real workhorse check out SteamAction, Performance truckmounts ( if you like alot of wet steam ) and of course Vortex.

Nightrider

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/February/2005 at 10:53pm

nightrider,

You are not being fair to Cleanco.

They left plastic and fibreglass behind eight years ago. The Cleanco Compact unit is a sweet machine.

Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/February/2005 at 12:44am

Sorry Ted,  But that's just my opinion, I didn't write The Bible and in NO WAY should anyone take another mans word for cash just because it was voiced. To all those who read my post ........please ignor my drastic comments and do some research for yourself, talk to all the manufactures out there, listen for key words to your questions and weed the liars out and settle what you feel suits your needs and what makes you happy. All I have to say is, there are plenty of used Cleanco's out there for sale, ask yourself  WHAT DID THEY UPGRADE TO. I have a used SteamAction that i purchased from Ted, it's a 1990 all stainless steel model with a No.68 Blower and my pump was changed to a 4000 psi Giant pump, This is truly a workhorse with plenty of suction even with 0ver 400 feet of vaccuum hose. I had a Cleanco, and I was not impressed..........But that just me. If I had to purchase another  I would chose a VORTEX because I do 90% commercial, and SteamAction for residential & commercial but NOT new.......give me an older model anyday, even if you have to make repairs.............you save plenty of bucks.

Nightrider

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/February/2005 at 9:12am

I would never buy another cleanco either.... The old piece of crap I got is just that... the newer units are crap.... I know of 2 brand new cleanco units that something goes wrong every couple of days... In one truck the blower went after 2 months of use..

I would by a cleanmore anyday over a cleanco

www.mr-steamer.com
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/February/2005 at 2:54pm

That's 2 against 1 Ted, I guess you lose..........Better hide all those Cleanco you have in your parking lot, set them all on fire and collect the insurance.......or........make me a price for all of them in a package deal and I'll do something with them.....

Nightrider

The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/February/2005 at 4:48pm

Just sold a New Cleanco Compact today to a customer who has had them all, and also built his own.  Now he would only have Cleanco's.

This is his seventh in the fleet. So he tried the rest and settled for the Best!

Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/February/2005 at 5:25pm

One mans poison is another mans food, I suppose. As long as they keep buying them from you Ted, Kleenkuip will never be short of repair work, better stock up on all those parts. I still love that SteamAction I bought from you Ted, I have it all apart ready to install in my 1986 extended Dodge Van.......I love those old motors 318 2bbl Holly carb.................. Would never even trade it for a brand new Cleanco, ask Vincent at Fourniture Select how many guys wanted to buy that unit from me.........when they look at all the stainless steel tanks, Roots Blower that sits 3 feet high, and the split driveshaft gearbox off the transmission, then hear the power.......then they turn around and look at their unit slowly rusting away, floor is falling apart, sounds like a giant lawn mower with no suction, no heat, no pressure, & no value. Some are Cleanco's some are not........I'll tell you TED you should build your own and use my truck as a model.............you'll clean up.

Nightrider

Edited by nightrider
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/February/2005 at 7:50pm
Ted you'll die... GTA cleaners have no money.... no credit... it'll have to be made to order
www.mr-steamer.com
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/February/2005 at 10:17pm

It's interesting how we as suppliers have heard all the songs about how one unit is better than the other. Now if we are comparing mechanical components they all use basically the same manufacturer.

There are few choices in our industry for pump and vac motors. Pumps on truckmounts always seem to be a challenge as to the hardness of water going through or the chemical damage or freezing etc., etc. But TM vac blowers if simply greased and filtered well will take one hell of a punishment and keep ticking.

Cleanco offers a 5 year warranty as long as you perform the simple inexpensive preventative maintenance and prove it on paper. Yet 90% of purchasers choose to ignore the maintenance and void out the warranty.

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/February/2005 at 10:52pm

Originally posted by Carpetologist Carpetologist wrote:

Cleanco offers a 5 year warranty as long as you perform the simple inexpensive preventative maintenance and prove it on paper. Yet 90% of purchasers choose to ignore the maintenance and void out the warranty.
Thats right Ted...Thats how cleano goes free everytime. my old prochen is 10 years old... 6000 hours...lol beat that never froze ONCE...

I know guys in the GTA that freeze up and crack crap every few days...I could never figure out how a carpet cleaner ever would let his truck freeze even once.

INSULATION BOYS service and maintenance

www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/February/2005 at 10:56pm
Mr. Steamer:  When I was down getting some work done on my 405 there was a 405 that has froze up three years in a row getting all new heat exchangers. Some people never learn.Guitar
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/February/2005 at 11:06pm

Never... I don't get it... a friend of mine has a truck at ted's that has two slide in units in it..... he freeze it every hundred hours... new heat exchangers new everything every year...lol kills me...

he's the guy that bought my old dodge ram van..

He's going to need it because he kicked the living sh*t out of his van when he found out it was froze

www.mr-steamer.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>