Print Page | Close Window

Rotovac

Printed From: Carpet Cleaning Forum
Category: Carpet Cleaners Discussion
Forum Name: Rotovac
Forum Description: Discussion about Rotovac machines.
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6664
Printed Date: 28/March/2024 at 3:09pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Rotovac
Posted By: mrhooie
Subject: Rotovac
Date Posted: 21/July/2010 at 12:07pm
Looking at some opinions on the Rotovac 360i or other Rotovac wands.

I manage commercial buildings where the carpet is glues directly to wood or concrete, no underlay

I'm finding that the pile in "cow paths" or traffic lanes isn't being lifted well enough for tenants to be happy. A carpet rake won't cut the mustard.

Your thoughts?

Replies:
Posted By: Ken Harris
Date Posted: 21/July/2010 at 2:51pm
360i will do commercial carpets well too. You just have to turn down the speed a little bit because of the irregular floors that that carpet is often built on. If doing larger areas of commercial carpet the RX20 may be a better choice.

-------------
Inventor of Teflon Carpet Wand Glides.Free Glides for all Cleaners in June!

Date Posted: 21/July/2010 at 3:13pm
we've got about 400,000 sq ft of commercial space. My carpet cleaning program runs about 9 months of the year and most of the space is offices. My only concern with the 360i was maneuvering it in small offices

have you used one?

Date Posted: 22/July/2010 at 2:38am
I have used them both.

The RX20 is the tool of choice for doing the kind of square footage you have. But only is it is mostly open areas to clean.

In tight office areas I would go with either the 360i or a wand.

But for the area you have to cover I would go with encapping unless there was a reason not to. You will make much more money that way on an hourly basis.

-------------

Date Posted: 22/July/2010 at 10:52am
could you point me in the direction on information on encapping. it's not something i'm familiar with. Currently we are using a Johnson diversity heavy duty prespray and then extraction with a clarke us machine (bext series with heat)

Date Posted: 22/July/2010 at 3:04pm
http://www.excellent-supply.com/ - http://www.excellent-supply.com/

-------------

Date Posted: 22/July/2010 at 4:48pm
thanks, will do some digging!

Posted By: canoer5222
Date Posted: 03/September/2010 at 3:03pm
 Anyone using the Rotovac with a Little giant heater ? Less water usage ,fewer dry passes,drier carpet ???
                                                   JIM

Date Posted: 04/September/2010 at 1:05pm
 No one using RV with Little Giant ??

Posted By: Grutzy
Date Posted: 04/September/2010 at 1:52pm
Encapping without bonnets is the biggest BS fairy tale in this industry. God forbid your customer does a towel test after you encap and pulls up a towel full of mud.

Posted By: duckcountry
Date Posted: 04/September/2010 at 7:56pm
Are you a chemist now too?  Adding that to your engineering expertise now?
What level of a college degree DO you have?
BS = Bull $h1+
MS = More of the Same ... or my favorite
PHD = Piled Higher and Deeper

How does the saying go:
It is better to remain silent and thought a fool
Than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

-------------
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?

Date Posted: 05/September/2010 at 8:25am
Hysterical

Posted By: Grutzy
Date Posted: 05/September/2010 at 9:48am
Originally posted by duckcountry duckcountry wrote:

Are you a chemist now too?  Adding that to your engineering expertise now?
What level of a college degree DO you have?
BS = Bull $h1+
MS = More of the Same ... or my favorite
PHD = Piled Higher and Deeper

How does the saying go:
It is better to remain silent and thought a fool
Than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Mindless grunt, I have a master's degree and if you knew anything and had  suitable experience, you would know that pure encapsulation is nonsense. Try it out for yourself. Get the carpet looking good and then do a water extraction a few days later and watch all the muddy water drain from your tank. A Cymex only hides the dirt but doesn't take any of it out. If you believe the encap fairy tales, you are a sucker.

Posted By: grimel
Date Posted: 05/September/2010 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Grutzy Grutzy wrote:

Mindless grunt, I have a master's degree and if you knew anything and had  suitable experience, you would know that pure encapsulation is nonsense. Try it out for yourself. Get the carpet looking good and then do a water extraction a few days later and watch all the muddy water drain from your tank. A Cymex only hides the dirt but doesn't take any of it out. If you believe the encap fairy tales, you are a sucker.

How about you do your best extraction and I come behind you with my OP or even bonnets.  Wanna bet how much crude comes up?  NOBODY gets it all.  The biggest scam in carpet cleaning is coming behind someone else to show how much "better" you are.

For what it matters, I could probably take a decent wet/dry vac, spray the carpet with a water hose, and pull dirt up after your done.

-------------
When all else fails, read the directions

Date Posted: 05/September/2010 at 8:44pm
Now that you have removed all doubt when did you get your engineering and chemical engineering degrees, from what matchbook cover university and from what decade?  And if you indeed have one, which of all the equipment and chemical manufacturers are banging at your door begging for you to choose them as your lucky-to-be employer?

So far, you would have faired better just sitting still but that just would not be in character for you would it?

That part about using an extractor a few days later and pulling up muddy water, yeah I hear that about extractor following extractor so much more.  Seems your technology pushes the dirt down more than it sucks it up. 

Nice to see where Florida's village idiot is.  I actually thought it was Jeb Bush.  He doesn't hold a candle to your ignorance.  Anything else you want to say, keeping in mind what a fool you looked like with your last drunken babblings?

-------------
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?

Date Posted: 05/September/2010 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by grimel grimel wrote:

How about you do your best extraction and I come behind you with my OP or even bonnets.  Wanna bet how much crude comes up?  NOBODY gets it all.  The biggest scam in carpet cleaning is coming behind someone else to show how much "better" you are.

For what it matters, I could probably take a decent wet/dry vac, spray the carpet with a water hose, and pull dirt up after your done.

Kirby vacuum cleaners were sold door to door with that scam.  I guess we know what he did to earn money in his past.  I can picture the guy doing it, that is the crazy part.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net