Print Page | Close Window

Portable carpet extractor help

Printed From: Carpet Cleaning Forum
Category: Carpet Cleaners Discussion
Forum Name: Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
Forum Description: Discuss anything relating to portable carpet cleaning machines
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6162
Printed Date: 18/May/2024 at 8:38pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Portable carpet extractor help
Posted By: malloy010
Subject: Portable carpet extractor help
Date Posted: 27/September/2009 at 5:00pm

Just starting out in the business I need help chooseing the right portable. ninja warrior 150 psi with heat dual 2 stage vac OR ninja warrior 200 psi dual 3 stage vac no heat, U.S product advantage 100psi with heat single 3 stage. If I go wit the ninja 3 stage with no heat will i be poping breakers left and right? If I go with the 2 stage will it be not enough suction, if I go with the us product will I not have enough psi ? Some one Help going nuts

Replies:
Posted By: Soil Lint Green
Date Posted: 27/September/2009 at 11:47pm
As my IICRC instructor said you need at least a 350 PSI to be taken seriously.    Try for a unit that has an autodump and autofill feature unless you plan on joining the bucket brigade.  Even an aftermarket inline heater will work.  Plan on a vac booster and 50' of vac/solution hose.

If you are using a rotovac, forget the heater.  They use water at too fast a rate for the heater to have any real effect on the water temp.

Try working for someone even if for free.  Straight out of the box walking into this business you would be eaten by the wolves.  The only person making money then is the supplier of goods and equipment - no different than it was in the days of the Gold Rush.

-------------
It's ORY GUN, not OR A GONE. Learn to talk.

Posted By: rick007
Date Posted: 28/September/2009 at 1:50am
I have found that even if you are new to the bis if you follow enough on the fofums and learn from the Pro's you might have a chance of making it. even though you guys sometimes have fun with the unexperienced you still know all the tricks to the trade. what if you go work with a fly by night who is only out to make a quick buck? sometimes a reliable company is not close enough to learn from . thats where YOU come in. thanks for the help and the info. i think you can learn a lot from the mistakes you are surely going to make when you start in this bis. rick

-------------
happy cleaning

Posted By: Ken_Is_OK
Date Posted: 28/September/2009 at 10:30pm

dual 2 stage is a joke, sadly I had about 6 of them before I realized it.

dual 3 stage is the only way to go.
350 psi is nice. with 200 psi you have to make extra strokes to flush out the soil which is time consuming.

350 psi is nice

I run a 500 psi but turn it down to 350 ish.

Posted By: RIP IT
Date Posted: 28/September/2009 at 11:32pm
What ^ he said.

-------------
Dont treat people like customers. Treat them like friends.

Date Posted: 29/September/2009 at 2:26am
I agree, best work with someone from this board or mikey's to learn the job.  Those fly by night gypsy con men will teach you how to steal.  A quality craftsman will teach you how to work with the fiber.

-------------

Posted By: Ed Valentine
Date Posted: 29/September/2009 at 9:21am
M-010;

I agree with Soil Lint. I would not suggest that you get anything other than a "High-Performance" system that will compete with the Big Boys or otherwise, you just might kick yourself in the behind.

The very best;
Ed Valentine
cross-american corp.

Posted By: Ken_Is_OK
Date Posted: 29/September/2009 at 10:51pm
consider the Recoil

Date Posted: 30/September/2009 at 12:07am
Ed Valentine is known in the industry as a first class act.  The way he goes above and beyond expectations to get behind his product makes him something of a legend on the leading boards in our industry.

Want an extractor?  You need to get to know this man, he will not steer you wrong.  He will not toot his own horn, what you hear about him comes from fellow cleaners.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net