Print Page | Close Window

PORTABLE GENERATORS

Printed From: Carpet Cleaning Forum
Category: Carpet Cleaners Discussion
Forum Name: Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
Forum Description: Discuss anything relating to portable carpet cleaning machines
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5983
Printed Date: 06/May/2024 at 10:12am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: PORTABLE GENERATORS
Posted By: advanced88
Subject: PORTABLE GENERATORS
Date Posted: 26/June/2009 at 3:06pm
So I have been kicking around buying a portable generator, because I'd really rather not risk kicking peoples breakers all the time, and it really doesn't look professional to me to be like hey let me unplug your dryer so I can clean your carpets.

The set up I am going with is the Rotovac 360, Mytee RL1200C portable which has 2 cords itself, and the Mytee portable turbo heater which is 2400 watts and with all switches engaged it draws 20 amps itself, so I think I'd be kicking breakers all day.

Does anyone else use a portable generator? If so which ones?

Replies:
Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 26/June/2009 at 5:53pm
I don't think that is a great idea. The gen set has to be outside you would need good heavy extension cords and it would be a complete pain in the A**.  Way to many cords?? 6+ cords what a nightmare????

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: Mark McMaster
Date Posted: 26/June/2009 at 7:50pm
That would be a major PITA in my opinion as well. Not to mention the noise of it driving the custy/nieghbours nuts. I just had a roof replaced and had a genny going and it drove me n uts!!!!

I feel your pain tho. I usually plug in the same outlet as the fridge and plug into the bathroom as there's usually a GFI outlet as well.

-------------
Don't take your organs to heaven.....
Heaven knows we need them here

http://www.mcmastertile.com - www.mcmastertile.com

Date Posted: 27/June/2009 at 12:55am
I was actually planning on leaving it in the van like a truck mount, and just running 12/3 extension cord, either way I would have to run extension cord, I just don't want to inconvenience the customer by having to use their dryer outlet, or risk kicking the breaker.

Posted By: Steaminpile
Date Posted: 27/June/2009 at 5:02pm
people do it all the time....................make sure you get one with enough watts is all,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,even if you're plugging only the portable into the genny......IMO you're saving yourself the worries of blowing breakers

-------------
A.K.A.
Andy

Date Posted: 27/June/2009 at 5:16pm
Exactly! I was looking at a couple that were about 4000-6000 watts I feel that should do the job.

Date Posted: 30/June/2009 at 8:57am
You need to rethink your bisness plan???

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: watchman
Date Posted: 01/July/2009 at 9:24pm
ADVANCED88.......IF YOU HAVE THE MYTEE WITH DUAL 3 STG VACS YOU WILL BE ABLE TO RUN YOUR MACHINE FROM YOUR VAN AT 100' WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS. THOSE THAT SAY YOU CAN'T ARE GIVING YOU MISSINFORMATION. I HAVE BEEN  DOING THIS WITH A 5000 WATT GENERATOR FOR MOE THAN 3 YEARS NOW. I NOW RUN UP TO 125' SINCE I RECENTLY PURCHASED A BOOSTER FROM STEAMBRITE AND UPGRADED MY GENERATOR TO 7000 WATTS TO ACCOMIDATE THE BOOSTER. DRY TIMES ARE RESPECTABLE NEVER A COMPLAINT. CUSTYS ASSUME I HAVE A TRUCK MOUNT. THEY DON'T ASK I DON,T TELL. B.T.W TO REALLY OPERATE LIKE A TRUCK MOUNT YOU CAN (LIKE I HAVE) INSTALL PLASTIC 50 GALLON DRUM ON SIDE BEHIND YOUR EXTRACTOR RUN PVC PIPE FROM DUMP VALVE INTO DRUM FOR DIRTY WATER, NO BUCKET BRIGADE. ALSO USE A SECOND 50 GAL DRUM FOR CLEAN WATER AND GET A SURFLO SIPHON PUMP(70.00)  ATTACH HOSE TO FILL YOUR CLEAN WATER TANK ON YOUR MACHINE ANY TIME ANY WHERE. THIS SETUP WILL PUT YOU AT EQUAL FOOTING WITH ANY TRUCKMOUNT WHEN IT COMES TO SPEED OF SERVICING YOUR CUSTYS. UPTO 5 JOBS / DAY START AT 8 A.M  ALWAYS HOME BY 6 P.M. KNOW WHAT I KNOW KNOW WHAT I DO. HAVE A GOOD DAYBoxing

-------------
JUST WATCHING AND LEARNING

Posted By: Ken_Is_OK
Date Posted: 02/July/2009 at 11:35pm
EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE CAPS LOCK ON I STILL THINK IT WAS A GOOD POST LOLThumbs Up

Date Posted: 18/September/2009 at 1:27pm
Is the generator your using 7000 watts start up or 7000 watts continuous running wattage?

Date Posted: 18/September/2009 at 5:04pm
The only fool you are fooling is yourself?Hysterical

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 18/September/2009 at 7:42pm
for you to sit online and just talk sh*t for no reason you must not have a social life your a pathetic SOB grow the hell up.

Date Posted: 18/September/2009 at 7:43pm
yea 33,000 plus posts since 04 your a f**king dork 

Date Posted: 19/September/2009 at 8:20am
what do you call someont trying to prentend they have a truckmount?  Butt Shake

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 19/September/2009 at 10:51am
a business savvy person that knows how to budget their money and can compete with the best.

Smoke

Posted By: CCandmore
Date Posted: 19/September/2009 at 11:22am
Get a Generac 8000 running watts, 12000 starting watts if it is in your price range.  You should be able to pick one up new for 1300 - 1400 USD.

Posted By: Soil Lint Green
Date Posted: 19/September/2009 at 1:24pm
He sure is getting defensive just like another Daniel who showed up from the south this week.  Actually attacked doug?  

-------------
It's ORY GUN, not OR A GONE. Learn to talk.

Date Posted: 19/September/2009 at 3:31pm
I'm not getting defensive I just don't need some BS babble from some social parasite that has no f**king life and sits on the carpet forum 24/7 a strokes his pole and talks sh*t when all I want is useful information from people who actually want to give it with out the unnecessary BS to go along with it.......if you have no useful information to my post than don't reply!

I thank everyone that has given me actual information on my posts.

Date Posted: 19/September/2009 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by advanced88 advanced88 wrote:

I'm not getting defensive I just don't need some BS babble from some social parasite that has no f**king life and sits on the carpet forum 24/7 a strokes his pole and talks sh*t when all I want is useful information from people who actually want to give it with out the unnecessary BS to go along with it.......if you have no useful information to my post than don't reply!

I thank everyone that has given me actual information on my posts.

I'm sorry, I didn't recognize a royal hind@$$ when I saw one.Bow  We will let you set the rules of who can reply to a post since you the gamemaster of the realm have now honored us with your holier than thou presence. What a d**khead! 

doug has more experience at carpet cleaning done right than you will ever get in your pathetic life.  With your attitude I would guess you to be some damn bircher or klan member with a new set of sheets and a superiority complex.  So typical.  You give the good folks of the south a bad name.

For your information Backwards88, I don't see YOUR name on a folder here!  Angry

-------------

Date Posted: 19/September/2009 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by advanced88 advanced88 wrote:

I'm not getting defensive just because I'am social parasite that has no f**king life and sits on the carpet forum 24/7 a strokes mys pole and talk sh*t  because I know absoulty nothing about carpet cleaning when all I want is useless information from people who actually want to give it with out the unnecessary BS to go along with it.......if you have useful information for my post than don't reply!

I thank everyone that has given me any information on my posts. As you can see by my questions I am lacking in knowledge.

Thought i would help you out?Middle Finger

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 20/September/2009 at 2:59pm
I'm sure this forum was intended for people who want useful information not for criticism from dushf**ks like you........ so yes don't reply to my post if you intend to talk sh*t and don't have a useful answer to my questions.........

In the end I will always be right in this situation and you will always be wrong......I didnt come to this forum to talk sh*t to anyone but don't keep pushing my f**king buttons I came here for useful information to help my business I don't need the BS from two low lives that sit on the computer and talk sh*t behind a computer screen.

You two ass holes act like you have never needed help or information which is BS and now your giving some one looking for it a problem when they need it.

and you bitch ass OREGON motherf**ker shut the f**k up I'm from NJ you pu**y ass hokey dokey bitch ......this was between me and DOUG now you two shut the f**k up and go f**k your carpet wands.

Date Posted: 20/September/2009 at 9:30pm
He sounds like the kind of guy who is going to go far in our business .... in reverse that is.  I guess the IQ level of New Jersey doubles everytime he goes to New York or Connecticut.

Look Mr Backwards, you are going to need all the insurance you can get with your lowest of low skillsets.  My recommendation for you is from your potential victims:  Keep on Learning, Your Not Good Enough for Earning in the Fiber Treatment Business.

And you don't own the board or the thread, jerkoff!  So, keep your Jersey attitude where it belongs - on the curb every trash day.  Your kind talks back to the teacher rather than shutting up so they can learn something.   Challenge us and you'll either get no answers to your questions or even better false and misleading answers to your questions.

OH, and have a nice day Jig

-------------

Posted By: Just Ol' Willy
Date Posted: 21/September/2009 at 11:52am
Any one seen my teeth? I'm missing my uppers.Drooling

-------------

Date Posted: 22/September/2009 at 3:02am
Originally posted by Just Ol' Willy Just Ol' Willy wrote:

The dentist office called - said it was time for Xrays and a cleaning - so we shipped them UPS.  Aren't we smart?

-------------

Posted By: 2Fuzzyknees
Date Posted: 22/September/2009 at 1:45pm

I often find "doug's" comments are nothing but someone trying to come out as a funny smart ass myself lol. Not that it bothers me much at all but to defend him is,,,well defend all ya want but he is a smart ass. His "King of one-liners" title tells us that though so do as im sure most others do and ignore him.He is retired and washed up so take what ya can from the others that post help and simply ignore his BS lol

-------------
"Cleaning it all, 1 room at a time"

Date Posted: 22/September/2009 at 4:22pm
FUZZYASS I don't need anyone to defend me.  Retired and washedup??  Well you may be right. But knowledge is not gained overnight.  What is amazing to me is that so many on here give what they think is a right answer to someone's problem when they know jack about they are talking about.  I firmly believe that you can't get 25+ years education and experience freeloading on carpet cleaning boards?Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: Just Ol' Willy
Date Posted: 23/September/2009 at 10:00am
Originally posted by Soil Lint Green Soil Lint Green wrote:

Originally posted by Just Ol' Willy Just Ol' Willy wrote:

The dentist office called - said it was time for Xrays and a cleaning - so we shipped them UPS.  Aren't we smart?

Pad, steam or encap?

-------------

Date Posted: 23/September/2009 at 12:07pm
Yours were so clean they did encap.

Rub a dub dub LOL

-------------

Posted By: 88hybrid
Date Posted: 29/March/2010 at 6:16pm
 Doug.....Ive not been here too long, but the first thing I learned about you, is that almost each one of your posts have misspelled words, and bad grammar.  Im not one to call things out, but you are a pretty funny guy to go out of your way to put down someone else, and as you do it look like a complete idiot.  No need to school someone until you've schooled yourself. Pathetic.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net