Forum Description: General discussion on anything related to carpet cleaning
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5640
Printed Date: 15/May/2024 at 1:35am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Pricelist
Posted By: M_MONAHAN
Subject: Pricelist
Date Posted: 12/February/2009 at 4:39pm
Hey guys I have another question.  As some of you may have read I am starting a new company.  I am really having a hard time comming up with my pricelist.  At first I thought that this list would work.

3 rooms- $99   500sq ft. max
4 rooms- $125 650sq ft. max
Whole house $175 1000sq ft. max 
.20 per square foot after. the maxes are met.

The more I am looking there are some that are higher. and some that are lower.  One guy as low as $20 a room only add on is scotch guard @ $10 extra a room.  He says no sq foot limit.  I am in a very competative market of Chicago.  @ $20 bucks a room I would have to have 35+ jobs a month at 3 rooms average just to pay all the bills.  any help for a new guy would be great.  Not asking for all the tricks of the trade just what everyone thinks is a good solid price.  Maybe a per rom deal?  Cust. may like that more?   Thanks in advance everyone.

Replies:
Posted By: nightrider
Date Posted: 13/February/2009 at 12:24am

The best way to answer your question is like this............Have you ever shopped or ate in a place that was more expensive than the competitor. ( sure you have ) and that would be because you liked it there, or felt comfortable with the owner or perhaps just wanted to support and encourage him.

There might also be reasons like  BETTER SERVICE.....CLEANER ENVIROMENT.....NICER DECORE.....COZY.....WARM & INVITING.....OR PERHAPS THEY OFFER A BIGGER BANG FOR YOUR BUCK.....TREAT YOU LIKE GOLD AND OFFER YOU SOMETHING THAT BRINGS YOU BACK AGAIN .

Hope that helps................if not I can get into better detail.

Nightrider

Posted By: cleanex
Date Posted: 13/February/2009 at 8:54am
No two companies operate the same. You alone must make the decision as what part of the market you want to operate in, Take NR's advice.  You have 3 choices
1 Bottom of the pack   Any and every job
2. Middle of the road    Your average blue collar home owner
3. Top of the line.        High end wage earner  Big homes.  Demanding Clients

-------------
DON ELDRED
YOU CAN "STAND" ON OUR REPUTATION

Posted By: prouddadx3
Date Posted: 13/February/2009 at 9:53am
You can always offer more than one service a platinum, gold and silver. Oddly most people choose the middle service, not the cheapest. I have also found that the wealthy clients are less picky then the price shoppers as long as you do a good job. They expect a good job and are willing to pay for it. The price shopper expects an average job and hopes to coerce you into doing a better job by complaining and being picky. Who would you rather have a referral from? I offer a .20 a sq ft service and a .30 a sq. ft service which is more thorough. 90% pick the more thorough method.

-------------

http://maps.google.com/coupons/page?oi=lbc&did=0_14019921871367697693&cid=RF0IMWO26GG3CFHL&hl=en-US&gl=US - Boulder carpet cleaning Coupons

Posted By: cleanex
Date Posted: 13/February/2009 at 10:44am
They do like choices, and often pick the middle priced service

-------------
DON ELDRED
YOU CAN "STAND" ON OUR REPUTATION

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 13/February/2009 at 11:54am
you can offer choices but if you get the same service and quality of work regardless of what price you pay?? you do the math?

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 13/February/2009 at 12:08pm
If you sell in person people rarely buy the service they buy the salesperson..........................if you are sending flyers people rarely read them and find their way to the trash can..............I send out flers in a way that they keep it almost as a conversation piece, they meet me in person after they have received it and I get back those who have no need for my service.

My prices are seldom an issue, why..... BECAUSE I OFFER AND GIVE THEM A BANG FOR THEIR BUCK...............EVERY TIRE IS ROUND...........YET THERE ARE SO MANY DIFFERENT PRICES.

Nightrider

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 13/February/2009 at 1:10pm
Hi Nightrider.. Would you care to share that flyer..?

Big%20smileSmileTongueWinkCryLOLDeadEmbarrassedConfusedClapAngryOuchStarShockedSleepyUnhappyApproveCoolBig%20smile

Date Posted: 13/February/2009 at 1:16pm
Let me give it some thought, if I decide to...........I 'll get back to you in private.

Nightrider

Date Posted: 13/February/2009 at 9:29pm
Okie dokie........ 

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 13/February/2009 at 9:37pm
Jack you are the MAN!!!Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: prouddadx3
Date Posted: 13/February/2009 at 11:32pm
We offer a regular wand cleaning for .20 and a rotovac cleaning for .30 we also add .20 to move furniture beyond sofa, chairs. Night Rider was right they do buy the person but the method of offering more than one service works. They can pick from you or you and not some other yahoo. 

-------------

http://maps.google.com/coupons/page?oi=lbc&did=0_14019921871367697693&cid=RF0IMWO26GG3CFHL&hl=en-US&gl=US - Boulder carpet cleaning Coupons

Date Posted: 14/February/2009 at 2:07am
Great, my wand is dirty.. .20cents thats worth it..!! Banana%20Dance

LOLTongueWinkBig%20smileLOLDeadEmbarrassedConfusedClapAngryOuchSleepyUnhappyApproveCoolLOL 

Posted By: duckcountry
Date Posted: 14/February/2009 at 2:20am
don't forget the "wet for 2 days" special. 

Don't Let The Other Guys Soak You Dry - Let Us Soak You Wet

-------------
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?

Posted By: M_MONAHAN
Date Posted: 15/February/2009 at 1:18pm
Guys Thank you so much.  There is alot of good things that were said Thank you nightrider and others.  I am changing all pricing method around today and putting all the promotions together.  It is competative market but I think my services are second to none for the price I am going to offer.  I don't need to be the cheapest and will not be the highest like some of these people but going to be giving plenty "banf for there buck" as NR said.  thanks guys.

Date Posted: 15/February/2009 at 1:55pm
Just don't advertise rates.  You lose potential business doing that.  If you run specials make them discount percentages ( 20% off ) for one week only.  You create a sense of urgency in a call for action.

-------------
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?

Date Posted: 15/February/2009 at 5:51pm
I usually advertise specials this way ( I do this because I don't want the customer to miss the special date and pick up on a competitor special offer )

SPECIAL.....Call now , clean now... 25% off  carpet cleaning PLUS  FREE 25 point home inspection  25 % off any 3 rooms painted & 25% discount at 3 restaurants.

SPECIAL..... Call now Book for a later date .....15% off carpet cleaning only.....15% of of any 3 room painting & 15 % off at 1 restaurant ( customer choice )

Nightrider

Date Posted: 15/February/2009 at 9:14pm
NR is smart man.
Age is a great teacher.
Learn from your elders or when they die so does the knowledge they posses.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net