Print Page | Close Window

evolution wand by us products ????

Printed From: Carpet Cleaning Forum
Category: Carpet Cleaners Discussion
Forum Name: Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
Forum Description: Discuss anything relating to portable carpet cleaning machines
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4779
Printed Date: 17/May/2024 at 2:28am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: evolution wand by us products ????
Posted By: baires
Subject: evolution wand by us products ????
Date Posted: 21/February/2008 at 10:23am
Hello Folks, I want to know if somebody here use or knows about the evolution wand made by US products. This wand is made by portables (2 jet wand) and utilizes the benefits of laminar air flow. Is this the same if you add a glide to your regular wand ??????? or there is any other special features. Thanks for yours replies, Pablo.-   

Replies:
Date Posted: 04/March/2008 at 9:36am
Hey guys, any coments ?????? Thanks, Pablo.-

Posted By: carpetologist
Date Posted: 04/March/2008 at 6:28pm
baires,

Most carpet cleaners will not pay a premium for a better, faster and easier cleaning wand and that is why you are not getting responses.

You can go to http://www.usproducts.com/ - US Products Website and see for youself the http://www.usproducts.com/products/accessories/videos/wandvid.wmv - difference on video .

-------------
Kleen Kuip Supply Mart Inc.

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Posted By: splash_$$$_dash
Date Posted: 04/March/2008 at 7:27pm
baires
most carpet cleaners don't charge enough for their service to make a profit. they just make a pay-cheque, for this reason they(we) can not afford to invest in top quality tools.

Sadly we buy cheap stuff because we charge cheap prices.
pre spray or extraction juice? we can only afford $10.00/gallon :(
defoamer? forget it, we're too broke :(

when we blow vac motors we keep cleaning for months with just 1 vac (85" of water lift woo-hoo)

Thumbs%20Up am I BS'ing or telling the truth? Thumbs%20Down

Posted By: FriendlyHammer
Date Posted: 04/March/2008 at 8:00pm
The wand will do nothing for you.  Ask them what cfm they did the testing at, and then I will show you why it will do nothing for you. It's all hype.

Posted By: cmaster
Date Posted: 04/March/2008 at 8:27pm
I saw it at Mikefest. It doesn't do anything for me. As a matter of fact we tested it but I'm sworn to secrecy on all the test resultsShocked

-------------

The STD Meter

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 04/March/2008 at 8:33pm
Sure it will do something for ya.. Take your C-notes...F A S T...!  LOL%20Wave

Posted By: splash_$$$_dash
Date Posted: 04/March/2008 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by cmaster cmaster wrote:

I saw it at Mikegayfest. It doesn't do anything for me. As a matter of fact we tested it but I'm sworn to secrecy on all the h*m*sekual actsShocked

fixed your spelling Embarrassed

Date Posted: 05/March/2008 at 12:17am
Hi everyone, thanks for all your coments. Time to replace a wand and looking for the best investment in a new one. After four years on the road I decided to change the points that I earned with my chem supplier. So they showed me the wand and they told me about the benefit of the laminar air flow with regard the cfm.
The wand looks good and is really light (thinking about my commercial hallways with only one plug) but the price is so expensive $ 635 canadian dollars. Now, after all your comments I will go for my second Prochem dual jet wand since I know that work. Thanks again. Pablo

Posted By: Bsimiami
Date Posted: 19/April/2008 at 5:12am
Hi Guys & Gals,
I'm a new member but near retirement & have been a carpet cleaner for over 30 years and was bit surprised at many of your post about the Evolution wand. I'm not affilliated with the manufacturer in any way, but am impressed with their online Demo video for the evolution wand. Their portable extractors moved up to the gold rating when the paired them with the evolution wand. Their testing showed more water (and thus more soil removal than other wands and the Pro Chem wand was part of the comparison group). Has anyone heard of racing headers for drag racers? They do the same thing that US Products claims for their new wand design, reduced turbulence and more air flow resulting in more HP. More airflow for a wand means cleaner carpet that dries faster. Maybe your customers don't mind a few extra hours of wet carpet, but most of my repeat clients in South Florida appreciate and are willing to pay a premium for this feature. I can't afford not to own a wand that separates my service from my competitors. More money, more customer loyalty & referralsWink

Posted By: pbm
Date Posted: 19/April/2008 at 9:01am
Ijust had a demo with some us products and try the wand it was the only thing i like i lke the solus too but the 1200 was no good i order 2 wands and the truck mount one too

-------------
The bonnet pro

Posted By: Superglide Ken
Date Posted: 22/April/2008 at 2:04am
Product Review - Evolution Wands
Posted By Mike B. on 4/22/2008 at 12:43 AM
I have recently purchased both of these wands, so I'll share some of my experience and opinions about them.

The main thing about them is that they are feather light. Lightest wands that I have ever used. Feels kind of like using a toy at first. You feel like you're cheating. Very similar to how it felt when I first started using a glided wand. Effortless! "But hold-on, if I'm not grunting, straining and working up a good sweat, how can I be getting the carpet clean?"
But the carpets are getting just as clean as ever, and, at 52 years young, anything feather light is just fine with me!
(Did I mention that these wands are feather light?)

The Evolutions are what's called a straight wand design, rather than the "S"-bend style, which I have been using for years, so that took me some getting used to, but not long. You can't get as far under the bed or similar tight spots quite as easily. Not really a major big-deal.

Both wands come with a built-in Delrin glide, which is replaceable. Delrin is lighter and more durable than Teflon, so you won't have to replace them nearly as often as with Teflon. The trade-off is that they don't glide nearly as smoothly over the carpets surface. You definitely get some chatter sometimes with shorter olefin naps, particularly commericial loop. (at least with the smaller wands holed glide) The 1.5 inch wand comes with a holed glide and 2 jets. The 2-inch Truck-Mount wand comes with a slotted glide and SIX jets.
U.S. Products advertises it as a 16-inch head,(15.75 with my tape measure) which will help speed production on those big commercial jobs, but plan in whipping out your stair tool for those tight bathrooms and closets, cause this hulk-sized head is not going there!

I have to say that I was really concerned that 6 jets was going to give me a big problem with streaking. 4 jets streaked, 5 jets was'nt supposed to streak, but did, so 6 had to streak, right? Wrong! I couldn't believe it myself, but no streaks.

The TM-Evolution uses 4-110 degree jets in the center and 2-95 degree jets on the outsides. This leaves a slight gap between the outside edges of the solution path and the outside edges of the vacuum path. Kind of nice when you need to hang over a transition to wood and want to get the carpet edge clean without getting overspray on the wood floor. (Ever notice how the overspray only gets on the floor while the customer is watching?-LOL)
Some guys don't like the gap, but that could be easily remedied by replacing the two outside 95's with 110's.

Do these wands dry the carpet faster? I have no idea. Maybe they help a little. I don't hang around and wait for the carpet to dry, and with a #5 blower, I never have customers complaining about dry time anyway.
(When I can, I hope to do a test and see how the Evolution-TM wand compares with my CMP/Greenhorn wand on dry-times. I'll let you know.)

The head on these wands is basically a plastic (polyethylene?) material that seems pretty durable and is definitely light-weight. The shape is supposed to increase air-flow by moving more air in a straighter fashion, or something to that effect. I believe it. On denser piles, the TM-Evolution really grabs hold of the carpet. Whether the carpet dries any faster, I don't know, but I definitely feel like I'm pulling more soil out, no question about it.

Time will tell if the poly head is a good idea or not. The black color already shows some scuffs and scratches after 6 weeks of use. Maybe I'll break out the Armor-All.

2 things I would do to improve the Evolution wands:
1) Lose the Delrin and go with PTFE Teflon. I don't care if it adds 12 ounces of weight -it's worth the trade.
2) Design in some mini-check valves at the jets. Both wands drip- and I mean a LOT! Come on U.S. Products, if we're going to spend $899 bucks for a wand, we want one that doesn't DRIP!
I realize that I'm spoiled, as my Greenhorn never weeps a speck of H2O unless I trigger the valve.

So, there you have it. More than you probably wanted to know in the first place and way more than I intended to write, but it's wrote now, so not much can be done.

-------------
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.

Posted By: MBCC
Date Posted: 26/May/2008 at 11:20pm
Baires, I have been using an evolution wand for two months on about 86 jobs. It's light and all you do is glide it over the carpet surface. It doesn't come with protective covers so I made my own to prevent dings on both ends during transport.

-------------
"Quality service guaranteed"

Posted By: earthmike
Date Posted: 26/September/2010 at 7:20pm
Pablo,
I by chance came across your question about the US Products wands.  If you look up the patent for the wand you will see that I am listed as one of the 3 designers that invented the wand.  I did a 1.5" and a 2" wand head.  I designed and built the mold cores that the rotational molds for the wands were cast off of.  The fact is I did them and the other 2 folks on the patent did not have too much sweat into it.  I had developed the technique for molding in the aluminum slide rail that the teflon or delrin glides would slide on to.  With out that it would be nothing.  Also the air flow thru the roto molded head is totally different than a stainless head with a glide.  Mine has a designed chamber based on the known theory of air flows and pressure gradients.  The Company laid me off 14 months ago because they sold the whole company to Mexico and even after all the things I designed and invented for them they totally screwed me.  They also laid off at least 30 other dedicated employees with 5 to 10 years dedication without a thought except about a profit for the top 5 guys.  It is damn sad.
Mike Genteman

-------------
Michael Genteman

Posted By: AndyMan
Date Posted: 28/September/2010 at 7:17pm
I have been using the new evolution wand for approx a year now.  I have had lots of problems with my rotator cuff for many years .  I can tell you that this evolution wand is so light !!! that it really, really, helps with fatigue.  It seems to dry the carpet better, but of course not in every situation.  I chose to use the smaller head which I think is 14".  It is a 2 jet.  This works just fine for me since the majority of my work is residential.  I am not losing any time with the smaller head , because I can move quicker with it being lighter.  Bottom line- After the initial use with the evolution I never went back to my old wand.

-------------
AndyMan

Posted By: earthmike
Date Posted: 11/October/2010 at 12:52am
Hello and good day to all of you hard working folks trying to make a living.  My name is Mike Genteman.  I designed and invented the Evolution wands both the 1.5" and the 2".  US Products screwed me over. The product works excellent along with many other products and devices I did for USP.  Doug Hauff the owner and Steve Williams promised me the moon and then as soon as they realized that they were selling out to Mexico they canned me.  Unfortunatley the equipment I did is wonderful BUT DON'T BUY IT!  I got a patent on a item and they gave me nothing, no royalitires, nothing.
PATENT # 7694382 ISSUED 4/13/10
I just don't get greed.  I worked so hard for them and produced and I was awarded employee of the month and then they canned me because the DID NOT CARE!  They sacked at least 50 10 year employees and sold out to Mexico.  It is so sad.  Also they new I was getting sick and bagged my health insurance.  No heart at all even though I gave them so much of my life and work.  It is just wrong and I hope GOD settles all debts one day.
Mike Genteman

-------------
Michael Genteman

Posted By: 77748
Date Posted: 24/October/2010 at 6:12pm
Damn! Ok you must have at least a 100 of these wands. Sell me one directly.  I love this one. The only drawback is the glider assembly is glued on and if it falls off throw the wand away. Jitters on commercial that can add strain on the head assy.
My thing is I have not seen a better sucking and light weight wand on the market yet.
So call me Earth Mike I need a wand 925 237-7119 and my name is Michael. Thanks!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net