Print Page | Close Window

Telemarketing Response Rate

Printed From: Carpet Cleaning Forum
Category: Carpet Cleaners Discussion
Forum Name: Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
Forum Description: How do you successfully promote your business? Offer and receive advertising tips
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4407
Printed Date: 29/April/2024 at 2:55am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Telemarketing Response Rate
Posted By: peculiar
Subject: Telemarketing Response Rate
Date Posted: 16/November/2007 at 3:34pm
I'm thinking about hiring a small company to telemarket for me to residential customers.
I'm wondering if anyone has personally telemarketed for clients or had a company to telemarket for them.
I'm just wondering if it's realistic to book at least 15 jobs a week working at least 6 hrs daily with an above average sales person.
I'm totally aware that it depends on the city, demographics and all that but if you've had any experience or know someone please share, it would be helpful.
By the way, the average household income in the area I'm targeting is about $80 000 and about 350 000 households in the Toronto GTA area.
And it would be cold calling
Your input would be greatly appreciated. 

Replies:
Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 16/November/2007 at 3:59pm
Why don't you do a search and you will find all the BS regarding bothering good hard working honest people with your Nonsence on the phone?

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: cleanex
Date Posted: 16/November/2007 at 4:00pm
1 job for every 100 calls----99 go to hell responses

-------------
DON ELDRED
YOU CAN "STAND" ON OUR REPUTATION

Date Posted: 16/November/2007 at 4:30pm
Doug
Take it easy there, buddy.  I'm just asking a question. This is a part of doing research.
Every form of advertising has it's advantage and disadvantage.
You seem to hate telemarketing and that's fine but others hate direct mail or flyers and the list goes on.
Obviously we still need to advertise even if people don't like your method.
They are not obligated to accept your service and they have the option of saying no, hanging up or whatever they choose.
Your reply was not helpful at all and I would suggest you to answer someone that would benefit from your answers.
 ps. If you had a bad day, deal with it like a man

Date Posted: 16/November/2007 at 4:36pm
maybe you should have read the responce? Do a search and read all the garbage that has been posted regarding PS. go to the marketing section and look it up if doing a search is too complicated for ya? I really don't give a s*it weather you like my responce or not. This topic has been beat to death here.

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 16/November/2007 at 4:45pm
So many topics are beat to death here.
I did a search before I posted using the word telemarketing but it didn't answer my particular question.
By posting now there might be someone who comes across my post with a fresh perspective or probably with a situation that's relates more to mine.
Eg. the other gentleman who posted said 1 out of 100. He gave an actual result although I will ask him for more clarification.
It's not your assignment to tell me that the subject is beat to death.
I only asked people to give input based on their experience and you did not do that.

Posted By: Hammy
Date Posted: 16/November/2007 at 4:48pm
PM Nightrider, I'm sure he will give you some advice

P.S This is why I have an unlisted number   

-------------
Could somebody just clean my carpets!

Date Posted: 16/November/2007 at 4:48pm

cleanex

Was it a company that called for you or did you personally call?

Did you try this for one day or over a period of time?

The reason I'm asking is because if those numbers are over a long period of time I would think that that response is not that good.

If it's one day, it could just be a bad day.    

thanks

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 16/November/2007 at 6:28pm
Here in the States we have to pay the State to set up residential telem. Greedy politicians and a bunch of compainer's ruined it for the small businessman on this.. Its the best of the best marketing..

Date Posted: 17/November/2007 at 11:53am
The 1 for 100 calls was a number that Bell used in a seminar I attended on telemarketing, we have never gone that route. I assume that the number would be over a period of time, again there are laws in place now about telemarketing. The best way to do this in my mind would be to do a mailing and than follow up with a phone call and I would think you would book 3 jobs for every 100 calls 

-------------
DON ELDRED

Posted By: nightrider
Date Posted: 17/November/2007 at 12:45pm
Smile

Posted By: cmaster
Date Posted: 17/November/2007 at 12:59pm
Is there anything you haven't done?

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 17/November/2007 at 1:13pm
Play rock & roll music on a Less Paul custom???

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 17/November/2007 at 3:51pm
There is a difference when calling an existing customer vs. a cold call such as in the question above.  it was a while back and it was a Bell Canada seminar on setting up a telemarketing system not some yellow page fancy sales promotion were I got that number

-------------
DON ELDRED

Posted By: LilNiteRidrhood
Date Posted: 17/November/2007 at 4:56pm
We have just about eliminated cold calling.
I have one part timer who calls commercial businesses asking for appointments.
However I have done more than my share of telemarketing.
A good marketer may get between 2-6 calls a day.
Callbacks are everything in telemarketing.
People get carpets cleaned at specific points in their lives:
After the winter and salt, after renovations, before/after Xmas, Thanksgiving, had a recent event, preparing for an upcoming event, etc.
Your numbers improve over the initial 6 months of prospecting.
You must have a person who is pleasant (and sounds like your mother)to have any success in these days.
Teenagers work well for a while, but soon their voices and spiels sound canned.
A very successful room needs a full time supervisor and motivator, lots of laughter and silliness. This is not a high ticket item so the best marketers are usually making huge money on big ticket items.
Just my 2 cents.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net