Forum Description: General discussion on anything related to carpet cleaning
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=439
Printed Date: 29/April/2024 at 9:35am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: citra clean
Posted By: greg
Subject: citra clean
Date Posted: 08/June/2004 at 5:47am
has any one ever tried a product called citra clean from lazer chem. a guy i know gave me some to try out, i only had enough for a couple jobs but it worked well on food stains and even salt stains. this is a non toxic product which is always a plus. has any one else tried it. if so what do you think.

-------------
nothing is impossable. it just hasn't been done yet.

Replies:
Posted By: Jim Darling
Date Posted: 08/June/2004 at 8:12am

Greg - I have not heard of this particular product but you should know that there are many many products that contain the "magic" ingredient that this one contains. You will see it called things like orange oil, citra something, orange terpenes or words like this.

many people will tell you that because it is naturally occuring from orange peels it is very environmentally friendly - which it is! However, just because something is good for the environment does NOT MEAN THAT IT IS GOOD FOR YOU!

Here is a link to a website run by the Environmental defense league. They are a science based organization in New York

http://www.scorecard.org/chemical-profiles/summary.tcl?edf_substance_id=5989%2d27%2d5 - http://www.scorecard.org/chemical-profiles/summary.tcl?edf_s ubstance_id=5989%2d27%2d5

You will see from this link that the last thing this material is - is non toxic. I hope this helps. The only other thing I would add is that when someone tells you something is non toxic or biodegradeable or whatever else sounds good - make sure you ask for 3rd party references, otherwise it is meaningless  

-------------
Jim Darling

Date Posted: 08/June/2004 at 5:30pm

thanks for the info Jim.

-------------

Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 08/June/2004 at 6:21pm

I don't care where the chemical comes from... Most times what they promote..... ALL LIES nothing is what it seems..

Sorry if your Offended Mr. Darling, but I know the truth...The Stories that come out of the batching room...lololol

It's amazing that we are not all dead..... Walkerton...lolololol

Chemical companies should be Federally inspected...with an inspector on premises like they do with meat packing plants shipping out of the country

Until that day I'll never believe what I read on the label or hear from sales reps...

Posted By: splash_$$$_dash
Date Posted: 08/June/2004 at 7:42pm

who cares about health any way man we're born to die.

don't fear death!!!

oh yah and who really cares about the environment?

GUYS ...USE WHAT WORKS MAN THAT KEEPS THE CUSTOMER HAPPY

there's a ton of carpet cleaners who have been at it for 25 years and they aint dead yet

USE WHAT WORKS!

Date Posted: 08/June/2004 at 8:45pm
lololol I like that.....damn carpet cleaners die slowly don't they...lol

Posted By: LilNiteRidrhood
Date Posted: 09/June/2004 at 10:35pm

Saw a study recently that showed a list of ten very scarey chemicals that came from  a flower. It was an orange blossom's scent.

Die slowly man.

It is proven that occupational pneumonia is highest among cleaners.

So splash and dash away sir.

Posted By: carpetologist
Date Posted: 09/June/2004 at 10:41pm

You are absolutely right splash_$$$_dash many do not care about health and the environment. If they did, no one would smoke. But, the same choices you have so do your customers. And if given a choice they just may take the healthy choice.

Looking back I personally really never gave a hoot about the environment and my health. But now it concerns me for my children and grandchildren. You will find yourself thinking differently at different ages. Good luck to your health.

-------------
Kleen Kuip Supply Mart Inc.

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Date Posted: 09/June/2004 at 11:20pm

Dying from the fumes is easy. What hurts is when your shoulder and arm gives out from wand fatigue. And you have to live with this for an extra 25 years.

Talk to Hydramaster Jetless Rotary Extraction users. They have found the answer. Don't listen to me...im a salesman.

-------------

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Date Posted: 10/June/2004 at 5:57am

But Ted how about the corners???

Posted By: Nighthawk
Date Posted: 10/June/2004 at 1:00pm
Hi! greg.  In one of my accounts I ran out of my cleaning product & noticed a bottle sitting on the table in this resturant so I tried it and Yes "" WOW ""  I was so impressed with it I phoned the company and wanted to sell this product in my spare time. I did indeed sell it. I found that people loved this chemical but for the average consumer it is exspensive $80.00 a gal. One L. makes 5 gals. It is1oz. in a litir bottle of product the rest water for average stains. 2oz, 2 fingers. rest water for hard stains. 1/2 oz for windows rest water. It will get cheaper the more you buy of course. I do not sell it any more due to other commitments but I have found cheaper products that do the same thing. P.S>  Alot of car detailer's have used this product year's ago.

Date Posted: 10/June/2004 at 1:41pm

ooooooooo new car smell

new car smell will sell anything

Date Posted: 10/June/2004 at 11:44pm

I heard Jim Darling was upset with my coments... Sorry Jim all the ISO 9000 A,B,C or 1,2,3's is going to change my mind when it comes to chemical formulation standards.  Other than labeling(which is really a joke) there are no other regulations on chemical producers...

it's what they don't put on the label that is killing you... and everyone has the secret ingredient.

name no names.... a name is nothing but what they put on a label

they work so we buy and use them..

dying slowly isn't that bad

Date Posted: 11/June/2004 at 6:12am
thanks nighthawk. this stuff is very expensive but it works sooooooo well. what other product have you tried that was cheaper and worked as well.

-------------

Date Posted: 11/June/2004 at 10:03pm

Thats pathetic Steamer.

Jim, if you ever get a chance to talk to him, is a salesman yes, BUT he will give you the truth about the chemistry. Jim has actually devoted more time and energy into changing the face of carpet cleaning chemistry in the last couple of years than he would admit to. Anyone who KNOWS WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT would admit that.

Once again you choose to talk through your nose at the expense of someone else's reputation. Karma will catch up with you.

Date Posted: 11/June/2004 at 11:40pm

It's good to see your back on the attack Lee...lol

Is Jim a Patcher???

Is Jim a chemist???

I never said anything directly related to chemspec....

What I said is that these things are not regulated...and that not pathetic it's the truth....

If they can taint water ...what the hell do you think they do with cleaning chemical...

wake up and smell the coffee...you so brain washed it's not funny

Jim ... might not know what the chemicals do or the proportions..it's what is relayed to him by his chemist... I don't hold Jim accountable... he's no different from us it's based on what we are told

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 12/June/2004 at 9:10am
Mr. Steamer:  You can't win.  Even if you are right you are wrong.  It is like going up a down esculator your just spinning your wheels.  If you would only listen and read the adds everyone knows what is best for you but you.Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 12/June/2004 at 11:23am

Mr. Steamer,

First of all, I take no offense at what you said - te great thing about living where we live is that we are all entitled to our own opinions. I may not agree with yours all of the time but they are your opinions.

No - i am not a chemist but having been around them for the past 23 years it must be obvious that I must have learned something. About 2 years ago it came to my attention about changing laws that were affecting my business. At the same time i became aware of changing laws in North Amercia as well as Europe. The chemical industry is facing some tough choices in the coming months and years. There is so much scientific evidence about the long term health effects of the solutions we all use. These are no different that the long term affects of being exposed to other environmental issues such as asbestos, PCB's alcohol or smoking.

As an example Butyl Cellusolve (a staple of most cleaners) has been put on the Schedule 1 list in canada. What that means in English is that depending on the political will, this material will become illegal in 2 - 5 years.

Why? - because the scientific evidence is there to support the facts that this material is not healthy for humans.

As a company all we can do is educate people about these changes and offer solutions or alternatives to them. Of course, every cleaner has the right to use whatever they want to. We will, however, continue to press forward with the idea of complete ingredient disclosure. Look forward to hearing from you

-------------
Jim Darling

Date Posted: 13/June/2004 at 1:50am

Hey Jim I do like the IDEA of complete ingredient disclosure, but I don't think it to be profitable.  Most companies are there to provide the best product possible, and I don't believe you can do that if everything is on the label...

For example when I had the Haitian cotton powder analyzed, there where still a few unknowns... even after I explained the function, the chemist still couldn't break down all the variables..

Thats why I believe like meat packing plants, there should be a inspector/watchdog over seeing all that goes on in the plant.

This to make sure the manufacturer is not putting the public at harm to make a better product.

It's whatever is on the label, and I don't think thats good enough..

Not good enough at all Sir

Mr. Steamer 'The Dying Slowly' Carpet Cleaner

Date Posted: 13/June/2004 at 1:56am
Originally posted by LilNiteRidrhood LilNiteRidrhood wrote:

Thats pathetic Steamer.

Jim, if you ever get a chance to talk to him, is a salesman yes, BUT he will give you the truth about the chemistry. Jim has actually devoted more time and energy into changing the face of carpet cleaning chemistry in the last couple of years than he would admit to. Anyone who KNOWS WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT would admit that.

Once again you choose to talk through your nose at the expense of someone else's reputation. Karma will catch up with you.

They only thing I can say to this post is...

THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE!!!! I just speak the truth baby

Date Posted: 13/June/2004 at 10:42am

If you ever sit down and talk to Jim one on one, you will eat your words. (That means take it all back).

Anybody who talks to Jim regularly would be appalled at what you infer happens at his place.

You take great liberty in making statements about people when you really haven't a clue.

I'll leave it at that and see if you have the balls to call Jim.

Date Posted: 13/June/2004 at 11:18pm

Oh Gawd Lee...here we go ....I was not knocking Jim...I was knocking the industry in general....

Lee... I wouldn't defend an industry that you have no clue on what goes on behind the closed doors...if I where you

I only talk about things that I have seen...in the industry in general..

I have no need to call Jim... I'm not looking to buy some chemicals ... You don't read the post do you...I think you have missed the point

I truly believe things are not what they seem to be... Companies look to make the best products regardless of the costs...

ie breaking the law, danger to health... we don't know because they are not going to put that on the label..

Jim might be a great smart nice guy, but don't take everything at face value, just because he says it doesn't mean that it true(he might not even know it to be a lie himself) Do your own investigation....I've done mine

I think you've missed the point Lee... go back re-read the post no ones attacking Jim or his place...I'm talking about the chemical industry IN GENERAL....and until it's has an government appointed agency to inspect what goes into that bottle we buy..I BELIEVE NO ONE

unless it's God himself

Mr. Steamer "The Guy Lee Can't Stand' Carpet Cleaner

Date Posted: 14/June/2004 at 12:49pm

Mr. Steamer,

You have brought up a couple of points that I thought I might address.

1. Federal Inspection like a meat plant: You might be interested to know that we are federally inspected. Weights and measures comes in probably 2 - 3 times / year (always unannounced). They go right to our inventory and pull whatever they want to pull. They check it for accurate filling weights or volumes. You may be interested to know that in a 50 poiund pail of powder we are allowed to be no more than 4 ounces underweight. On liquid products, i beleive the limit is 1 ounce. Because of this i guaranteee you that we are never underweight on anything - the reason is simply it becomes A VERY BAD DAY AT THE OFFICE.

We are also inspected by the MSDS police. The advent of the internet has made this process less intrusive but we are checked on a regular basis.

Your proposal to have inspectors in our factory would also mean that they would have to inspect every other manufacturing plant in the country from every other industry. Would they also have to inspect the factories of any impoted product as well? We would be a nation of inspectors.

2. Label requirements: There are 2 scenariuos here - US products and Canadian products. In the US if you wish to sell your product in New York, new Jersey, california and a few other states, then you must have the top 5 ingredients listed right on the label. Most major manufacturers easily comply. There are many others who don't. If they get caught selling in these states, then THEY WILL HAVE A VERY BAD DAY AT THE OFFICE.

To complicate this issue , an American MSD sheet does not really have to list anything. They can say New jersey Trade Secret or tell you nothing. They can put a carcinogenic material in the jug, not list it and be legal.

In Canada, I do not have to list ingredients on the label but I do on the MSD sheet. Any ingredient considered hazardous by the Gov't (in a percentage greater than1%) must be on the MSD sheet. i have seen many canadian companies try and cheat on this. All i can say is that if they get caught THEY WILL HAVE A BAD DAY AT THE OFFICE

3. You mentioned that you tried to break down our haitian Cotton product. I have had our products broken down by 2 multinational, multibillion $ companies and they can't do it. The fact of the matter is that it is very difficult to do so. Besides, most of the ingredients are listed on the MSd sheet anyway.

My whole point is that I do agree with you on one thing- THE CHEMICAL INDUSTRY IS UNDERGOING DRAMATIC CHANGE. The big chemcial comapnies like the Henkels, Rohm & Haas , Lonza's etc are being forced to produce scientific documentation that their materials are safe for people and the environment and this is presenting a very big challenge. If the European Union passes this law that they are prosposing to do, then our entire world will change very dramatically.

Have a great day      

-------------
Jim Darling

Date Posted: 14/June/2004 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

But Ted how about the corners???

If I could save my body and bones for an hour or so while cleaning I would gladly bend over and clean the corners manually with a brush and pad. No one ever walked in the corners anyway.

Speaking of corners and spots. I came across a pole with a brush sticking through and absorbent pad a few years ago and became over excited. I called it "Truckmount on a Stick" Unfortunately it sold for more than 99cents and was rejected by our industry.

Truckmount on a Stick

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net