Print Page | Close Window

Waterclaw for urine?

Printed From: Carpet Cleaning Forum
Category: Carpet Cleaners Discussion
Forum Name: Urine Stains and General Spot Removal
Forum Description: Having trouble getting that spot out? Problems with urine?
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3692
Printed Date: 14/May/2024 at 11:52pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Waterclaw for urine?
Posted By: Venturi Tech
Subject: Waterclaw for urine?
Date Posted: 17/April/2007 at 1:00am
    I'm just curious how many people actually use their water claws for urine spots? We just got a couple water claws in for flood work. Every time I order Odorcide my supplier asks me if I've tried it with a water claw? What is the procedure for using the water claw on urine? Soak with UPS, extract, soak with UPS extract? We mainly do apartments, and lately I've been doing a ton of Pad replacements and floor seals for urine. Just want to know if the water claw might work as well, I don't see how, but, then again?????

Thank You

-------------
Sunwest@coho.net

Replies:
Posted By: Thang
Date Posted: 17/April/2007 at 1:09am
Water claw works great!! The way I do it is...I would saturate the spot with OSR, Let dwell for 15-20 mins., Then flood it with water, Then use the Claw to suck it all out (most of it anyways). Then I would clean as usual...Then I would spray on some Odorcide afterward on the spot to help eliminate whatever smell may be left over.

But, sometimes the contamination is SOoOo bad that you would have no choice but to change the pad and clean and seal the floor.

-------------
Tap Out Or Pass Out!!!

Posted By: cmaster
Date Posted: 17/April/2007 at 1:15am
2 apps of OSR, claw, rinse, app of OC, rinse, force dry

-------------

The STD Meter

Posted By: carpetologist
Date Posted: 19/April/2007 at 5:18pm
http://www.kleenkuip.com/restoration/water_claw.htm">

-------------
Kleen Kuip Supply Mart Inc.

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 19/April/2007 at 6:08pm
I had a great debate regarding this with Obi Wand LEE Kanobie It has become most cleaners destinity to join the darkside and attempt urine decontamination in this manor?

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 19/April/2007 at 6:16pm
It works for us

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 19/April/2007 at 7:03pm
Chemical Delusion

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 19/April/2007 at 7:17pm
As long as the custy is happy

-------------

The STD Meter

Posted By: danmarck82
Date Posted: 19/April/2007 at 9:14pm
Doug, again what is your solution to urine contamination? enlighten us.

How do you treat the few doggy mishaps at your favorite customers home?

Posted By: carpetrepairguy
Date Posted: 02/May/2007 at 2:50am
    The real money is in disengaging the carpet, remove contaminated pad, treat and clean substrate, treat and clean secondary backing, repad, reinstall carpet utilizing the proper sretching apperatus, clean and treat the fibers, force dry the carpet. Now tell me that a water claw will generate the profits generated from this old school method. I also place 100% guarentee on this.

Date Posted: 02/May/2007 at 3:30am
Yea...But, would be kinda pricey and few that Ive encounter would want to pay for all that.

-------------
Tap Out Or Pass Out!!!

Date Posted: 02/May/2007 at 7:54am
Finialy someone typeing some common sence?

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: Hammy
Date Posted: 02/May/2007 at 8:41am
Nice for a change      

-------------
Could somebody just clean my carpets!

Posted By: danmarck
Date Posted: 02/May/2007 at 10:52pm
Again Doug, enlighten us on the best method to professionally deal with small to medium pet or human urine spots. If there is a better way than the water claw and osr and odercide, please share your insights... Thanks in advance

-------------
Here to help you grow your business!

Date Posted: 03/May/2007 at 8:09am
Again I have stated this on both the red board and this board on what my thoughts are on chemical use. If you feel confident chemically contaminating someone's home for your own finicial gain than so be it?

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 03/May/2007 at 4:57pm
I dont understand what you mean by "Contaminating" someones home. ARe you referring to the flooding with OSR?...If so, Thats what the flushing with water and acid rinse afterward is for...to get it all out.

Plus, I dont see any Chemical that would cause any health affects....SO whats the problem Doug?...

Also, WHen you clean...Dont you use a prespray or detergent?...Thats adding more Chems to the carpets arent ya?

-------------
Tap Out Or Pass Out!!!

Date Posted: 04/May/2007 at 7:41am
I've been threw this debate tooooo many times already? Just do what you think is right for the chemical companies and all will be OK?

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: carpetrepairguy
Date Posted: 05/May/2007 at 9:14am
   The toxicity levels are increased when pouring additional chemicals into the carpet and underlayment.

Posted By: danmarck
Date Posted: 06/May/2007 at 9:56pm
site your source of knowledge .

What portion is rinsed out? what portion is extracted out?? Who really knows this with any certainty

I feel that Iam a low chemical user myself, I use mostly procyon , a soap free detergent , and a fresh water rinse , but find it neccessary to use specific chemicals for specialty spotting. Such as red dye, gum, urine , coffee and others. In the quantity that they are used and the rinsing that takes place I feel that they are safe or I would not be doing it.

-------------
Here to help you grow your business!

Posted By: New gurl
Date Posted: 17/August/2007 at 10:21am
   I was wondering what your suggestions are for subfloor treating. If the carpet and padding is so bad that you just have to replace it all, what do you recommend to treat the subfloors to keep it from soaking in to the new padding?

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net