Forum Description: Discuss anything relating to Upholstery Cleaning
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1593
Printed Date: 28/April/2024 at 8:52pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Upholstrey Cleaning Suggestions
Posted By: jfrano
Subject: Upholstrey Cleaning Suggestions
Date Posted: 05/June/2005 at 3:05am

We just picked up a used sectional sofa and several club seats, very nice condition, but dirty.  Their off white in color.  What is my best bet in getting them clean:

- Buy a cleaning machine, ie Hoover

- Rent a cleaning machine at Home Depot

- Have a service come out and clean it, a popular service in New Jersey is KleanRite

Thanks

Replies:
Posted By: Lisa Smith
Date Posted: 05/June/2005 at 3:37am

Have a professional come out and do your upholstery. Upholstery is DEFINITELY not something to to go the do-it-yourself route on. The tools and chemicals provided by the rental/home cleaner units are not capable of giving your upholstery the detailed, thorough cleaning a professional will. Please email or private message me with your city and I will refer an excellent owner/operator in your area. I would come out and do them for you, but the trip charge would kill you, I'm in California.

Take care and good luck!

Lisa

-------------

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 05/June/2005 at 8:42am
Lisa are you competeng with IICRC with referrals?? I hope your data base is more accurate than theres?

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: cmaster
Date Posted: 05/June/2005 at 9:53am
She can probably give better referrals than the IICRC. She knows some good cleaners, not just certified ones

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 05/June/2005 at 9:59am
That is not  a good way to start the day??

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 06/June/2005 at 9:37pm
What old girl said.... on the up..

Posted By: Carpet Cleaning
Date Posted: 02/October/2009 at 2:52am
The best option is hire a professional and get it done. You can do it yourself also if have experience of cleaning sofa but If have not done this before I would suggest you to get someone expert and get it done because you might spoil your sofa if you dont know how to clean it.

Posted By: Soil Lint Green
Date Posted: 02/October/2009 at 11:57am
Originally posted by jfrano jfrano wrote:

- Have a service come out and clean it, a popular service in New Jersey is

Unless you are a pro, always hire one.  We perform our magic right before your eyes and never give away our secrets.  I, Soil Lint Green the Magnificent or one of my lovely assistants here will mesmerize you as we make the money in your wallet disappear.

-------------
It's ORY GUN, not OR A GONE. Learn to talk.

Posted By: jsinopoli003
Date Posted: 14/October/2009 at 8:04pm
Hire a Pro..upholstery inst somthing to pick up and try out

-------------
Spectrum Floor Cleaning & Restoration

Posted By: jerryjacson
Date Posted: 05/November/2009 at 4:37am
Dust , sand , grime , dust mites and other pollutants gather over time and this can cause allergies and also lead to the fabric deteriorating faster and thereby the need to replace these expensive items sooner than necessary.So for that u need to experts, because you cant do this without help of professionals of cleaner.

-------------
http://www.soswaterdamage.com/ - soswaterdamage.com

Posted By: duckcountry
Date Posted: 05/November/2009 at 11:53am
Originally posted by jerryjacson jerryjacson wrote:

Dust , sand , grime , dust mites and other pollutants gather over time and this can cause allergies and also lead to the fabric deteriorating faster and thereby the need to replace these expensive items sooner than necessary.So for that u need to experts, because you cant do this without help of professionals of cleaner.

By gather do you mean collect, join forces and conspire against higher life forms?
Are they into germ warfare when they cause allergies?
Are we talking the deterioration of the fabric of space?
Are these cooties you talk about working for the furniture manufacturers in an effort to boost sales?
So, call the Crud Busters?  Oh, My!
Things are worse than I thought, better cash in my savings bonds, head to a cave and wait for the end to come.  WE ARE DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This jerryjacson must be he who was spoken of.  That JJ on his chest, does it stand for Jerry Jackson or Junior Junk Poster Man? 
Is he here to save us or waste our time and bytes on Restoration for Dummies 101 which he has been forced to take over again for the umteenth time?

-------------
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?

Posted By: Michael
Date Posted: 14/April/2010 at 4:37pm
Just hose 'em off.

Posted By: Beatrice West
Date Posted: 23/October/2023 at 1:48pm
Always check the care labels on your upholstery for specific cleaning instructions. Different fabrics may require different cleaning methods.

When in doubt, hire a professional.

Professionals have the expertise and equipment to tackle tough stains while preserving the fabric.

-------------
Beatrice West Cleans the Best!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net