Print Page | Close Window

IICRC CERTIFICATION

Printed From: Carpet Cleaning Forum
Category: Carpet Cleaners Discussion
Forum Name: Create and Participate in Polls
Forum Description: Have a question you want to get an idea about what others are thinking? This is the place to set up a poll.
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=121
Printed Date: 20/April/2024 at 12:06am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: IICRC CERTIFICATION
Posted By: Stanley
Subject: IICRC CERTIFICATION
Date Posted: 17/March/2004 at 4:40pm

We need to educate

Replies:
Posted By: Adwa
Date Posted: 17/March/2004 at 10:30pm
Your right Stanley, it is the only way to advance!!!

Posted By: nightrider
Date Posted: 17/March/2004 at 11:14pm

Where we going

NIGHTRIDER

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 20/March/2004 at 10:30am
Why is it that only people who are not certified for what every reason keep quesioning certification? Do mechanics, plumbers soon insurance companies will only insure certified coimpanies.  Someone has to prove that they were compentant at one time in their life.

Posted By: Adwa
Date Posted: 20/March/2004 at 10:39am
Your right Doug, but ignorance is bliss. It's like knocking two heads together to try to get these guys better educated.   

Posted By: gmoney
Date Posted: 28/September/2004 at 9:43pm
I think having the piece of paper is important but nothing will teach an individual like hands on training.

-------------
If you know what is good for you get it dry as quickly as possible

Posted By: Advantage
Date Posted: 22/May/2005 at 6:39pm

Paper doesn't clean the carpet.  Applied education with experience and cleaning like it's yours does.

-------------
CCT, UFT, OCT, CRT, RRT, WRT, SMT, FSRT, JTC, JSR, JWR, MTC a great life, if you don't weaken.

Posted By: STEAMPRO
Date Posted: 11/October/2007 at 5:17pm
ClapCry

-------------
NEW BUSINESS IN TEXAS

Posted By: duckcountry
Date Posted: 27/December/2007 at 10:53pm
Average client lacks the knowledge to know what significance there is in a certification.

I'm certified.  I am not nuts and I have the papers that say I am not what I was once.

-------------
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?

Posted By: Refined
Date Posted: 31/August/2008 at 8:57pm
In my area I know of no way of getting CERT. There is one guy in my area that is, and I clean up after him all the time. Having the CERT one thing but following what your learn is another.

I would get the CERT if i could afford it and if I could in my area.

-------------
-Refined Carpet Cleaning

Date Posted: 07/September/2008 at 5:44pm
You might want to google Jeff Cross and see what online courses he has.  But if you have been cleaning carpets for a long time and doing it right google ICCA (independent carpet cleaners association). $30/yr, no tests.  I did the cert thing once, figured out what they were teaching was based on what I have learned in over 35 years of cleaning, and decided the ICCA was more my cup of tea.

Somewhere in one of my computers is a manual pre-dating the ICRC tech manual and it was written about 25 years ago.  You can find it on the web too.  I can't remember the search string I did, but I did use google.

-------------
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?

Posted By: Refined
Date Posted: 07/September/2008 at 7:13pm
Thanks!

-------------
-Refined Carpet Cleaning

Posted By: prouddadx3
Date Posted: 11/November/2008 at 10:45pm
Hey Germs,
Knowledge is power and money. The odds of you selling a job or adding more sales to a job go up as your education goes up. The more industry terms you understand, the greater your grasp of simple chemistry and the four elements of cleaning, the better able you will be to clean the carpet and convince your client that they need you. Every class I have taken has been worthwhile. If you own a Million dollar home, who would you trust an IICRC Master Technician or a cleaner who can't answer my questions about my carpet? At the same time experience is just as valuable. Their are cleaners who have been cleaning and doing water restoration wrong for 25 years.

-------------

http://maps.google.com/coupons/page?oi=lbc&did=0_14019921871367697693&cid=RF0IMWO26GG3CFHL&hl=en-US&gl=US - Boulder carpet cleaning Coupons

Posted By: stra808
Date Posted: 20/May/2011 at 1:53pm
I believe in getting certified,but feel that before one can receive a certificate they must show at least one year of working in the industry for a qualified company. I have redone and or fixed several certified techs jobs thru the years.

Posted By: steed
Date Posted: 09/August/2011 at 1:44pm
Been very disapointed with the courses of iicrc  and iicrc itself. Over then last 10 years the deph of courses are getting water down. Courses are being split up in smaller unit and its hard to get the couses in your area`s as it is. 

Posted By: Advantage
Date Posted: 09/August/2011 at 4:01pm
IICRC is not perfect, I don't know of anything that is.  An new acquaintance of mine told me the person who last cleaned her carpet told her if she vacuumed more than once every two weeks she would ruin her carpet.  There has to be training or that is what you get.

-------------
CCT, UFT, OCT, CRT, RRT, WRT, SMT, FSRT, JTC, JSR, JWR, MTC a great life, if you don't weaken.

Posted By: steed
Date Posted: 09/August/2011 at 5:29pm
iicrc have been around a long time,  there is no need in the direction they are headed into. Courses are water down and all the stories and even iicrc techs not necessary doing the best. The techical side of spot / stain removal , hands on have been removed from most of courses.  This is just  how I have seen the courses go from the early begining the course, I really miss the early outline in those course, which I feel that teach new and old techs.
Dennis

Date Posted: 10/August/2011 at 1:54am
IICRC = If Idiots Could Really Clean

-------------

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 11/August/2011 at 8:59am
It has been prover that 10 year old kids can pass IICRC tetst?? It's like the Boy Scouts the more arm patches you have them more impressed you are because anyone other than you have no idea what the hell they mean?

-------------
Just My opinion

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net