Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/June/2005 at 11:32pm
I will prespray, agitate, crank up the heat and pressure and be done before you.... with as good or better results... with faster dry times.....
Sponsored Links

JaredW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaredW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/June/2005 at 11:34pm
I removed this post as the request of someone on this forum.

Edited by JaredW
mjzivko View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjzivko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/June/2005 at 10:18am
The wand is great, but the Rotovac is betterin most cases.  I have both tools and use the wand when I can't use the Rotovac(about 5% of the time).  Does anybody else have the Rotovac? Or are these comments based off imagination? I am not attacking anybody about the wand it just happens to be that the Rotovac is awsome. The Rotovac sets me apart from the old school fat belly wand strokers that are in competition with me.  This is just my opinion that I made after putting the Rotovac against the wand in REAL LIFE.  Have some respect for technologic advances in this industry.
Illinois Carpet Cleaning - Cleaner
A trusted Lake County, Illinois Carpet Cleaner Company

http://www.Illinois-carpet-cleaning.com
mjzivko View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjzivko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/June/2005 at 10:19am

Originally posted by JaredW JaredW wrote:

No problem.

And Matthew, no need for the "curse words" here, just write your comments and get your point across, no need for the words containing bleeped out letters.

For someone who's mother was an English teacher, a high school guidance counselor and has two masters' degrees, i would think you could use the english language a little more carefully. Didn't you learn anything from cub scouts? We're all trying to enjoy these posts, just have some fun.

P.S.- Sorry for having to include some personal info there, but i had to get you back a little bit for the Mont Vernon comments. Don't worry, i won't post you credit card number(s) or your social security number (unless you want me to?) It's amazing what's on file with the state when you do business with them, isn't it?

Thanks.

Threating stuff that could get people in a lot of trouble. I think this forum should stay away from threating each other.  Witty stabs and sarcastic remarks are fine, but this crosses the line. Identity theft is not something that you should even threaten about.  Lets keep this some what a professinal forum from here on please.

Edited by mjzivko

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/June/2005 at 11:31am
mjzivko:  I may be one of those fat bellied wand strokers you refer to.  But let me enlighten you on something.  Respect is not gained by aquireing a Rotovac. Respect is earned.  Some snot nosed  whet behind the ears punk who thinks the world owes him something has a long way to go earning that.  When you want to act a little more mature I will addrsss you like an adult. But until then Your attitude speaks for you.
Just My opinion
mjzivko View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjzivko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/June/2005 at 11:52am

Thanks for the warming remarks Doug.  I must of pushed your button a little bit.  I know I look young but I am not wet behind the ears.  I am 25, married to a hot wife, have 2 gorgeous children, a degree from Univeristy of Illinois, I own my home, and am doing the carpet cleaning biz in conjunciton with my other job.  I really don't need your repsect.  I am a man that takes care of his family and that is a lot to say about anyone in today's world.  My family comes first and that is why I work so hard to provide for them. 

Sorry you are a fat wand stroker and I am a lean in shape hard core mo-fo.  The young lions take over the pride, that how life works.  Maybe one day I will be the fat old guy trying to hang on to my old ways and I'll be threaten by some young studs.

"Life is ours, we live it our way"

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/June/2005 at 12:27pm
mjzivko;  You are a man full of yourself.  Like I said before watch you don't fall off that leading edge you talk so much about.  I agree I have seen may more years than you, but as far as old ways You don't know me all that well to make such a statement.  By the way was common sense part of your degree?  With all your education you seem to lack it.  Oh you don't have to feel sorry for me you have anough on your plate. We live in two different worlds. I get that line from everyone from the big city, small town hicks know dic, only people from the city know what's happening.  Enough said. 
Just My opinion
JaredW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaredW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/June/2005 at 12:47pm
I want it to be made clear that i had no intention of giving personal information out about any individuals on this board. I have removed my posts from this  thread and will not comment anymore here.  Threatening or not, my comments were too open for interpretation and I don't mind moving onto other threads.

Thanks for the great insight and charming conversations.
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/June/2005 at 3:25pm
Charming?
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/June/2005 at 3:55pm
I guess this should be the Rotovac thread.
Just My opinion
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/June/2005 at 6:23pm
A whole new section for Rotovacs. Sounds good to me
hafido View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hafido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/August/2005 at 5:17am

mjzivko

Great posts man. I have not been hanging out on these forum for too long, but I see that alot of CC's here are here to blow off steam and f around more than anything. Anyways, I like you use a rotovac, and I use it on the majority of my jobs. Why? Because fatigue is so much less  for me with the Rotovac. Time efficiency is not so much of an issue, I make enough per job to be satisfied (roughly 65-$90 per hour), but I do not have enough business to fully keep me busy. Just as well though, I am applying to dental school so I need time for my studies. Chi town is the best BTW. I run a portable by the way, how about you? I am in the SF Bay Area, so portables are great when I am up in the City. My minimum to do a job in SF is $125, whether it be a 500 sf studio or larger. Works for me. To the OP, I swear by the Rotovac, I love it. Down side is it can put out too much water and running a portable, you might find yourself refilling more often than with a reg wand.

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/August/2005 at 6:01am

The famous bucket brigade... fill dump... fill dump... 125 trip charge huh??? So if a prospect called for like 2rms and hall for 80$ you wouldn't do it???? I would... but that's me...

Beautiful City SF... Best of luck on your dental career...You won't have any problems with getting customers when the word gets out your REAL GOOD.....

hafido View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hafido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/August/2005 at 11:36am

John L, LOL, bucket brigade... your absolutely right. That is the cost I pay for staying with the portable, wish they made higher capacity tanks, but it's automatic to me now, just part of the job. I pretty much have to refill around 2-3 times at the average job. Yes, I will not do a job for $80, unless I am already in the area that day. When I started I used to do apartments for $50 a pop, to get experience... and check this out used a rug doctor I purchased direct from Rug Doctor. True, my stepup is not quite a truckmount now, but can you beleive it, starting w/ a rug doctor, a rug doctor? If that does not take balls to go to a custys house, I do not know what does. Anyways, I live 35 mile from SF, so to make a job worth my while, in the City$125 is the minimum. San jose minimums are $100. I set my pricing, and obviously some custys don't/won't pay for this, But if you are proud of your end result, you charge what you feel you are worth, otherwise, you are stuck in a situation where cutthroat pricing determines your income, don't you think?

Regarding your comment "when word gets out your real good", I assume you are implying that charging high prices will deter dental patients. My friend I work for weekly is an established orthodontist, he lives and practices in Saratoga, and San jose CA. He makes 550-$600k a year with these two practices alone. He did not get this way doing discount orthodontics. While markets determine for a most part what you can charge, you also have a say in it. There are different qualities of service in every profession, including dentistry and CC. Doing above quality work every single time will ensure you can charge what you are worth and differentiaties you from the competition. If you do this two things might happen: you either will sink or swim. why not go for it? I will be honest with you, I am 27, have not been in this biz more than 2.5 years, and probably don't have near the experiece many of you have, but the biz is not difficult, the work even less, an above intelligence monkey could probably do it. But when a customer see value in you service, you get the job.

Grammatical errors abound in this thread of mine, but no time to be proper as I have to take off.

Edited by hafido
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123