Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Water Damage and Fire Damage Restoration Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Spray foam and structural dryinga

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom_t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spray foam and structural dryinga
    Posted: 22/May/2013 at 9:20pm
I'm working on drying out some walls and ceilings which had spray foam used as an insulator.  It's pretty much glued to the joists and studs, so there's no air flow along the sides.

Client has agreed to cutting out the spray foam in the ceiling (good, cause there's lots of mold up there behind the spray foam), but not the walls.  I can ventilate the space behind the studs by drilling holes in the walls.

I've tried tenting the room, but it only shaves a couple of days off the drying time.  Currently averaging 14-20 days for drying time, and I'm hoping for a 7-day turnaround.

The current room is 40x10x10, and the next three will be 20x10x10.  Structure is pressure-treated lumber (2x4 and 2x10).  Flooring is pressure treated plywood.

I currently have access to 4x LGR 2000 dehumidifiers, 2 axial fans, 1 vortex axial fan, and as many heaters as I can find plugs for.

Overall though, these rooms are taking a phenomenally long time to dry out, and I'm hoping someone might be able to throw me some ideas.

Thanks

Tom
Sponsored Links

ChristopherShanon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChristopherShanon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/January/2022 at 6:52am
I am sharing my personal experience, I used spray foaming process as an insulation in my bedroom’s wall. And a small leak might only take a day or two to dry. But a larger leak could take nearly a week. Completely submerged foam could take longer. It all comes down to the amount of water in the foam.
 Post Reply Post Reply