Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - High water use in summer due to overheat valve ??
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

High water use in summer due to overheat valve ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SERVICEMASTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: High water use in summer due to overheat valve ??
    Posted: 20/August/2011 at 3:23pm
I live in HOT HOT HOT Tucson, Az - I run a hydramaster 4.8 - every summer the water usage goes through the roof.

Talked to the local tech who said my overheat valve for the 2005 model I have is set at 180F - once that temp is reached, the overheat valve opens and water is directed back to the recovery.

The Tech said he could install a 200 degree overheat valve instead. He didn't think this should cause any problems as most truckmounts today are using the 200 degree.

My question is: would you do that ? considering that the 180F was put there for a reason! 
Sponsored Links

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/August/2011 at 9:30pm
Good question........ Stern Smile Wont you still use alot of water when it hits 200?
Set your thermostat to 150 or something and dont leave the wand laying down
too long when engine is running top rpms like when your prespraying go idle
your TM otherwise the water heats up fast just sitting in the HE's.
nathan112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathan112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/August/2011 at 3:11pm
yeah it can blow up 
 Post Reply Post Reply