Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Create and Participate in Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Heat vs. No Heat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Poll Question: Do you use heat?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [15.63%]
10 [31.25%]
17 [53.13%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/January/2007 at 7:06pm
That's what the barrel is for.      
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
Sponsored Links

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/January/2007 at 11:06pm
Burning the paneling out of the trailer

The STD Meter
flood-man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flood-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/March/2007 at 6:15pm
hotter the better

Edited by flood-man - 23/March/2007 at 6:15pm
flood man rocks
STEAMPRO View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STEAMPRO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/October/2007 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by nightrider nightrider wrote:

That is a very good question, High Heat vs Extreme High Heat, I've been pondering that question for many years. As a matter of fact, every morning when I wake and have my morning first cup of Java ( coffee ) that very question come to mind, and I am reminded of it with every sip. As all carpet cleaners should know, this question is very complex and we, as certified cleaning technicians from IICRC are all aware that when liquids evaporate they become gases, and these gases formed are called vapours. The vapour pressure of a liquid increases as the temperature increases and the dependance of vapour pressure on temperature follows the Clausius-Clapeyron equation ............in P2 = AH ( 1 - 1 )                                                

P1 = R   ( T1 - T2 )  This relationship assumes that an ideal gas forms as the liquid evaporates, but yields good results  with many substances. I'm sure we all remember that water is a very usuful liquid. At freezing water is less dense than liquid water thus  ICE FLOATS. Also water has a High Heat capacity, therefore pouring boiling water on someones hands has severe consequences, but by comparison, when metallic leads  is heated to melting, the molten lead can ( under controlled circumstances ) be poured on someones hands without causing burning. We all can agree that water is POLAR, and as a result it is a very good solvent plus water forms hydrogen bonds and enhances the effectiveness as a solvent

YES, I would have to say extreme heat, if not for anything else, it keeps you warm on those cold winter jobs, and when hot vapour shoots out of those little jets at the tip of the wand the customer is happy like a pig in sh*t thinking you're actually destroying all those little critters in her carpet. And for my next trick, mam, I'm going to Scotchgard your carpet with super teflon, anti soiling, flame retarding, urine resistant, bullet-proof, watered down, super diluted to nothing, carpet protector. And this will only cost you 10 cents a square foot extra because I'm a professional certified IICRC member, complete with a card and everything, see I'll show you.    ooops......forgot to renew.

Jack From Montreal      aka NIGHTRIDER

ConfusedTO MUCH READING FOR ME HOMIEDead
STEAMPRO View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STEAMPRO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/October/2007 at 2:02pm
I CANT PACK ''HEAT'' TO MY JOBS CAUSE IN A FELONOuch
alanAustin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alanAustin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/December/2009 at 1:54pm
Gotta have HEAT!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeorgeWalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/June/2010 at 2:39am
Just about everyone has used rubber bands, but few people have taken the time to observe the less obvious properties of these everyday objects. In this activity you will examine the thermal properties of rubber, that is, the behavior of rubber as it relates to heat, a form of energy.
annfully View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote annfully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2016 at 7:05pm
heat never hurts
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123