Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Tile and Grout and Hard Surface Floor Cleaning Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

is it proftable

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toolman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: is it proftable
    Posted: 23/June/2009 at 9:33am
Hi guys. Well I am into my third year of carpet cleaning and I wouldn't have made it without the help from this site. The question is now I am thinking about trying to add tile and grout to my list of services, but want to know is there really a demand for it and how do you charge for this.
I have seen a porty by esteem that they sell ,
is it any good

Thanks
Sponsored Links

Mark McMaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark McMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/June/2009 at 5:08pm
Where you from in Canada?   Sorry, I just don't see much in your profile and I don't want to be helping my next door nieghbourWink

Edited by Mark McMaster - 23/June/2009 at 6:23pm
Don't take your organs to heaven.....
Heaven knows we need them here

www.mcmastertile.com
toolman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toolman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/June/2009 at 7:28am
I am in London On

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark McMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/June/2009 at 9:34am
Cool. I'm near T.O.
 There is a big demand for it. There are miliions of sq/ft of tile out there needing to be cleaned and sealed. It is very profitable as well as long as you keep your prices up there with the average. Many cc'ers have jumped on board to take advantage of this service and asome are doing it the same price as carpet cleaning.
 Myself, $1/ft to clean and .50/ft to seal.  $2-2.50 sq/ft to colour seal.
 The biggest thing is educating the custy. Letting know what can be achieved and using either a clear sealer or a colour sealer. There are anti-slips that can applied as well.

www.mcmastertile.com
toolman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toolman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/June/2009 at 11:40am
what type of system do you use. fibre clean is selling a whole package for about 5000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark McMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/June/2009 at 12:31pm
I myself use a Mytee Porty, 1200 PSI and a Turbo, grout brush etc.

www.mcmastertile.com
toolman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toolman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/June/2009 at 12:27pm
what does a unit like that go for and where can you buy one

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark McMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/June/2009 at 5:08pm
Mytee are in the States. Cali.  There are some dealers around tho who have some good portys as well. I think I had around 5G's in the porty and Turbo alone.
 Ted on here sells portys as well as a few other distributors. You need something that can go up to or around 1,200 - 1,500 psi. Most carpet portys will not give the proper amount of psi to even make the Turbo work.

If Ted doesn't have 1 for ya, let me know and I can put you in touch with someone I know who has them as well.

Edited by Mark McMaster - 26/June/2009 at 5:11pm

www.mcmastertile.com
toolman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toolman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/July/2009 at 9:38am
So its big in T O ,. but are we only talking comercial or residential.
 Post Reply Post Reply