Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Urine Stains and General Spot Removal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Dog Vomit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleancorp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dog Vomit
    Posted: 05/May/2009 at 1:06pm
I just did a job where a dog had vomited under the bed over several years. The stains were a brownish orange color. I was able to lighten them, but does anyone know what works best on these stains, especially being old and acid based? I use an Orbot and encap.
Sponsored Links

SteamProNYC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteamProNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2009 at 2:52am

cleaner with strong alkaline of PH 11.5+. Use a good acid rinse and possibly oxidize.

Steam Pro Carpet Cleaning NY - Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning in NYC.
Remove Ink Carpet - Remove Ink Stains
RIP IT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RIP IT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/May/2009 at 3:16am
What is the carpet made from 100% wool, blend, sdn, olefin?
Heat transfer may help, but if the stain's been there for years it's likely it may never come out completely.
How good are you with patch repairs?
Dont treat people like customers. Treat them like friends.
Steam Man View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steam Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/August/2009 at 5:40am
They put a lot of dyes in the grey sludge they call dog food. After the bile/acid issues invariably you have staining too.

Sodium bimetasulphite sprayed over the stain. Go with caution.
RIP IT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RIP IT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/August/2009 at 7:02am
Do you mean Sodium Metabisulphate?
Dont treat people like customers. Treat them like friends.
Steam Man View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steam Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/August/2009 at 1:07pm
Is that what you call it down under? I guess so.
tylerstaszak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tylerstaszak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/January/2010 at 9:41pm

I've had the same situation before and didn't have any luck removing the stain.  Same story...I got some of it out but it was just on there too long.

Tyler Staszak
Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning of Kansas City
Kansas City Carpet Cleaning
aqualityassured View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aqualityassured Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/February/2010 at 1:12am
Same here. Vomit has acid in it so it burns into the fibers.  Many times the stain will not be able to be removed.
_________"We Know How To Clean!"
Cleaning Services Atlanta
Carpet Cleaners Atlanta
LArugcleaning View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LArugcleaning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2010 at 3:20pm
ohh.. i just had the same problem.. it really sucks..the stain leave an ugly mark on my carpet..Dead
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2010 at 12:48pm
Have you tried sodium bicarbonate and hydrogen peroxide together, soaking the spot and letting dry to a powder?  The solution may simply be dying the spot if the vomit sat there long enough.
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
 Post Reply Post Reply