Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Has My Pump gone out?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepScrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Has My Pump gone out?!?!?
    Posted: 07/February/2009 at 2:59am
My pump turns on and makes the normal sound. However I'm not getting any pressure through my wand. My wand is clean. So I know it's not that. I punched down on the valve and water splashed me in the face lol!! Do you think it's my connection or my pump??
"DO YOUR BEST"
Sponsored Links

FuzzSucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzSucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/February/2009 at 8:49pm
what psi is it?
do you have a pressure gauge on the unit? f so, what does it say?
Did u let it freeze? Shocked that would be bad.

is there air in the line? It may need to be primed first if air got in the lines somehow.

does it have inline filters on the wand or unit? if so clean them.

FuzzSucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzSucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/February/2009 at 8:51pm
also can you press down on the little nub in your quick disconnects and does water spray out when the pump is running? 
luvsnow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvsnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/February/2009 at 9:45pm
With my other business I work a lot with high pressure pumps and pressure washer pumps. In fact I notice some of the truck mounts and portables use the same pumps that I'm used to working with, especially Cat and Hyrpo pumps.

Like FuzzSucker said, it could be air in the pump or line. Although if this were the case I'm not sure why you would get some water out of the wand. If you didn't prime your pump before using it, you probably had air running through the pump. Running just air through the pump is not good because you can damage it really easily, especially the seals. Even if you prime the pump before use, you have to be careful that you don't run air though the pump when your solution tank gets low/empty. That's easy to do if your not paying attention when your cleaning and you don't notice that the wand is just spraying air.

If there was any residual water left in the pump after use and you stored it in a cold area, there is a chance the water could have froze and damaged the pump. That actually happened to my pressure washer a few weeks ago and now I'm replacing the pump Thumbs%20Down
DeepScrub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepScrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/February/2009 at 6:52pm
Thanks for all of the help guys. The problem is my connection. I have to press the valve female part into the male part. When I pressed it together I had water coming out of the wand. I have to get new valves.
"DO YOUR BEST"
 Post Reply Post Reply