Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Urine Stains and General Spot Removal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Question about my first job I did?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocker12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about my first job I did?
    Posted: 24/November/2007 at 12:18am
I did my first job on the 17th and there were a couple bad stains,they seemed to come out good,I told the lady that if there is any problems to call me,I have not heard back from her,I am wondering if I should email her and ask her if she was happy with the job BUT I am also wondering if she just might not be calling cause I was there for three hours and only got 60.00,I advertised for 20.00 a room and did one bed room and the living room for 40.00 and she gave me a 20.00 well deserved tip,I used the rotovac on the whole thing.
I way under charged I think but I guess it is part of the learning curve,I was able to go around alot of funuture and stuff,dam if the rooms were empty I would of been sad
I posted the ad on craigs list for higher than alot of other ads on there,the reason being that I actually did'nt even have my equiptment yet,I just figured I would post and see what would happen,she answerd the next day and I told her I was all booked up for like a week and a half cause I had no equiptment yet it was on order LOL
She said O your all booked up that is ok and she booked the appointment for a week and a half away.
my equiptment came in a couple days.
I thought dang business could be good but I just got lucky cause I have not had a nother job scince,I am thinking about getting some door hangers made up.

So should I email her or just let it be?

Thanks Doug
Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/November/2007 at 12:11pm
sometimes it doesn't hurt to do a followup call. But don't give her the impression she should be looking for something you may or may not have done. Just say this is a follwoup call and is everything to your satisfaction no small talk just yes or nor and thank her for the business.
Just My opinion
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/November/2007 at 1:39pm
Great idea and if she's happy you could ask for referrals

The STD Meter
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/November/2007 at 4:50pm
I couldn't have said it better myself
Just My opinion
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/November/2007 at 6:29pm
You can do what d and c said above.. Or Just Leave it be.. She tipped you.. She's a happy mommy..LOL What unit did you set yourself up with..? That is a long time 3hrs for 3 rms.. Yesterday i did 2 small BRs and a small LR for $145 and it took 1hr.. near dry when i left..  All carpet was berber (olefin/polyester)..LOL
Bocker12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocker12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/November/2007 at 1:27am
Hi John,It was actually two rooms(OUCH!)
I got a package with a mytee 1000dx extractor and a rotovac power wand,I am sure the rotovac is why the job took so long,I have'nt even tried my regular wand yet,I should of checked it out before I cleaned all the carpets in my house with the rotovac,I probley should of used the regular wand at the ladies house but the living room was pretty bad and I wanted to do a really good job,I know I could of got away with the regular wand for sure in her bedroom,but again I am just learning.

Doug

Edited by Bocker12 - 25/November/2007 at 1:31am
DeepScrub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepScrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/December/2007 at 10:12pm
rotovac is considered time consuming??
"DO YOUR BEST"
ClnRugz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClnRugz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2008 at 9:36pm
Did Rotovac talk to you about the 360, could this have sped up the job or no?
I'm thinking about the Mytee 1003DX/360 combo. The reason is the increased pressure and heat. Did you ever think about buying a used van/TM setup?
B Rice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B Rice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2008 at 9:51pm
My first job took me 3 hours for 2 rooms. It was a large living room but still...Now it would only be an hour or so. (total time) At the time I thought there is now way it could be done faster but something happens and you get a little faster and a little better everytime!
hdl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hdl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/May/2008 at 1:58am

I AGREE WITH JOHN SHES A CAMPER FLYERS ARE A START, TRY A SMALL MANAGEMENT CO?Stern%20Smile

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/May/2008 at 11:27am
I remember using my porty and wand on the real nastys.. Confused Yea.. It does take some time.. Aggitate that prespray real good.. And "The Bomb" prespray is a must..
 Post Reply Post Reply