Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Urine Stains and General Spot Removal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Stains coming back on berber

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toolman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stains coming back on berber
    Posted: 14/November/2007 at 5:45pm
    I just cleaned a real dirty berber carpet which had animal poo stains and god knows what else. Well what I thought would happen has and this is the first time it has ever happened. Dirt came back but not as bad it it started out.
So will the second cleaning clear this up?
Do you guys usually charge if you have to go back in this type of situation or do you charge more in the beginning to cover this.
Sponsored Links

Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/November/2007 at 7:08pm
If you are not experienced with olefin and HWE than I would pad clean it    
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
toolman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toolman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/November/2007 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by Hammy Hammy wrote:

If you are not experienced with olefin and HWE than I would pad clean it    

I have heard people saying that pad cleaning corrects stubborn stains but what if you don't have a bonnet machine?
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/November/2007 at 9:02pm
Extract again with extra dry passes. No pre spray

The STD Meter
CCandmore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCandmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/November/2007 at 12:28am
I'm sure there are a lot more "expert" and experienced opinions here than mine, but I do clean a lot of berber. I usually turn down the psi to around 250 and use extra dry strokes. If you've got a stubborn stain, hit it from two directions (North/South & East/West). Cleaning this way takes a little longer so charge a higher price.

Try not to overwet berber and always spray fabset (or something similar) after cleaning berber to help prevent wicking.

I get very few callbacks. When I do, I don't charge extra. Working for free sucks, but the good news is that fixing a callback at no extra charge turns into a lot of referrals.
toolman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toolman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/November/2007 at 7:03am
    Thanks for the advice guys, I will try that next time.
Jeff Van Buren View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Van Buren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/November/2007 at 6:25pm
    Toolman-
Something else you can do if a particular stain keeps coming back clean it first and speed dry with air mover.
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/November/2007 at 6:57pm
go in when the carpet is dry with a hydro sensor find out if the pad is also wet. you will not stop the wicking till the pad is dry.
Just My opinion
DeepScrub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepScrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/November/2007 at 9:09pm
    I agree I plan on turning down berber jobs.They are to difficult to clean.It is very fustrating and takes for ever to clean.Stroke after stroke.One thing I can say is that it does try fairly fast.
"DO YOUR BEST"
 Post Reply Post Reply