Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Winter time with a truck mount

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/November/2010 at 6:43pm
-40f No thanks. You must be Eskimo. Your water lines
would freeze up in seconds at that temp?Unhappy
Sponsored Links

shaoqingan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaoqingan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/January/2011 at 12:53pm

I live in Dallas, we have about 20 days under freezing point. I put small elctronic heater inside the van.  Simple and not expensive

By Andy of Dallas HaveHouse Carpet cleaning
Andy
Dallas HaveHouse Carpet Cleaning
www.havehouse.com
CarpetCleanerND View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarpetCleanerND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/February/2011 at 11:41pm
We operate in Fargo ND, many 20 below days this season, we keep the vans inside a heated shop.  Our policy is to use a portable unit on very cold days, or reschedule until it is at least 10 above zero.  When I was operating out of my house we wrapped the truck mount in an insulated heat shield at night, brought the solution hoses inside, and used a radiant heater plugged in to a 20 amp garage circuit.  If the garage light was on, I knew the breaker was working.
XtremeClean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XtremeClean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/March/2011 at 5:46am
Heaters blew the breaker this winter (my fault for putting them on the same circuit Head Crack).  I was lucky the ice didn't wreck more than it did.  Here's a shot of the one-way valve that cracked near the pump and a hose valve as well.

Up here we deal with below freezing temps from Oct to March.  I've started pumping low temp windshield washer fluid through all the lines and just emptying off the fresh water tank now.  Pull the tools inside the house and don't leave the solutions in the truck.  Sure it's a bit more trouble, but it pales in comparison to freezing equipment.
http://www.xtremecleanpg.com - Xtreme Clean - Carpet and Furniture Cleaning

250-563-9585

"Picky, picky, picky. That's how we like our customers!"
thesteammaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thesteammaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/October/2011 at 2:13am
I have been using an electrical heater to keep everything from freezing.
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/May/2012 at 11:41am
Yea, you can't control freezing in Winter but you can control the temp
in your van.LOL
janifyseo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janifyseo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/August/2012 at 9:41am
Just throw some heaters in there, we insulated our garage and we find that we don't have to heat it anymore.

Janify Carpet Cleaning
1309 Willow Grove Dr
Knoxville, Tn 37932
865-309-4999
http://janify.com/knoxville 
willy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/November/2013 at 8:58am
my trucks underground
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/November/2013 at 3:24am
Like 6ft under?
tspacey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tspacey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/November/2013 at 9:06pm
It depends on the climate.  In a mild climate like Seattle, I use a heating unit with a low thermostat setting.  Most heaters only allow thermostat settings at lowest 55 degrees.  You need a unit that allows you to set the temperature to about 40 degrees.  A heat lamp can also be a good low cost option.  

SeaBright Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning 
willy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/January/2014 at 5:15pm
im in Canada it was around 50 below my lines didn't freeze,i was worried they would.hydra master keeps it hot
willy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/January/2014 at 5:16pm
ya its 6 feet under
willy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/January/2014 at 5:17pm
It was that cold in BC
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011