Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Introduce yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Greetings from the Caribbean

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haitises Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greetings from the Caribbean
    Posted: 28/January/2016 at 8:58am
Just found this forum and lots of interesting info.  I've been in the business for 3 years in the Caribbean (Dominican Republic) in a fancy resort with 1,700 homes. Most of the carpets here are area rugs made with natural fibers (expensive too). Do curtains, upholstery and mattresses too. The only real mistake was with linen curtains that had water stains and used hydrogen peroxide to clean but didn't rinse off and made a white stain. Lucky for me the client did not ask me to replace!  I have a Mytee 1003DX, a smaller extractor and few other machines I initially bought a Rotovac but have barely used it since not so great on area rugs.  I used to import cleaning agents but now I just use white vinegar. If I have to spot clean something I try Dawn although I read here that Tide is better because it does not foam.  I'll have to change to that. I carry a slew of other cleaning chemicals but those are the ones I mostly use.
For me its a part time job because I average about one job per week but the margins are great. Tomorrow have a cotton off white carpet with urine stains that I've tried before but clients is paying to go back. Did not have much luck before but will give it another go.  
To the owners of this site and its members thank you for a great forum and sharing your knowledge!
Danilo

Sponsored Links

cleaningquotes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleaningquotes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/February/2016 at 1:25am
Welcome to the group.
 Post Reply Post Reply