Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Introduce yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

New carpet cleaner needs advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gassed911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New carpet cleaner needs advice
    Posted: 29/December/2015 at 10:04pm
Hello everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. my wife and I own a cleaning business and had have numerous request to start cleaning carpets. We do a lot of window cleaning and I bartered a new rug doctor for a small window job. After realising that the rug doctor was not up to our standards and took too long to be profitable we bought a Esteam 200 psi ninja classic and upholstery cleaner. We think we should have went for the 500 psi after doing our first job. The building manager told us that most cleaners were in and out in an hour or 2 but it taking us about 3 hours for a 1 bedroom apartment. We did 1 or 2 wet passes and 3 -4 dry passes. we bid it at $.25 p/sq ft. just wondering what the Canadian market is like and also if anyone can recommend a course to get certified in Edmonton Alberta. Thanks Shane
Sponsored Links

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/December/2015 at 3:12pm
The machine you purchased is just fine. Because you are new you want to do an excellent job. Three to four dry passes is not necessary. Allow mother nature to help in the drying process and shave off an hour of labour.

Talk to Fiberclean in Edmonton, they have certified courses.

Gassed911 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gassed911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/December/2015 at 3:51pm
Thank you for the reply, Fibreclean is where I purchased the machine and am aware of the courses offered by them. Was looking to see who else people recommend. I ran some air movers as well and the carpet was just about dry when we left.

We have a great reputation in our janitorial business and doing our best to get more knowledge and certification to keep our quality high.

How is the bid of $0.25 p/sq ft? we are not in the business of cutting throats and destroying the trade. We agitated with a stiff broom but are also looking to start using our burnisher to scrub carpets... any recommendations of pads to use?

Thank again for your advice.
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/January/2016 at 7:24pm
Your on the right track about agitating extremely soiled carpets prior to steam cleaning. Keep in mind that you will be voiding customers carpets warranty as soon as you use a rotary brush on them. You will learn all of this by taking the IICRC Education & Certification Course.

It's interesting that we are the only industry that purchases equipment and right away start cleaning carpets and a year or so later go to school to learn how to do it properly. Don't let this worry you as we all do it. I mention this because you claim a great reputation and you want to keep it.

You may want to look at scrubbing equipment with cylindrical brushes that will lift the pile better and keep all warranties in place.
Gassed911 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gassed911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/January/2016 at 10:21pm
Once again thank you for your advice. Yes, jumping in with both feet and doing a request job is sometimes the fastest way to learn what it takes. The downside is YouTube will only take you so far. Cleaning companies can be started with little experience as well but its up to you to seek information and try to keep the quality high. Guess it all depends on how serious you are and how far you want to take it. We are lucky to have a course coming in Feb so only have to buy a little bit of time. I wil check out cyndrical brushed equipment.
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/January/2016 at 7:04pm
If you are in the janitorial field the Rotowash Multi-Floor Cleaning Machine can clean any hard surface, especially grout. It uses 90% less water then traditional systems.

Gassed911 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gassed911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/January/2016 at 4:26pm
is there something I can use with my Ninja Classic 200? I also own a 400 psi pressure washer but currently do not any means to heat the water?
cleaningquotes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleaningquotes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/January/2016 at 10:28pm
Hi guys, I just wanted to introduce myself. We operate a lead generation portal to help consumers find accredited and approved cleaners - http://www.cleanignquotes.co.nz - Cleaning Quotes. Joined this forum to learn more about the challenges that cleaners face. 
 Post Reply Post Reply