Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Sealing in Outgassing?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cleanliving Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sealing in Outgassing?
    Posted: 29/August/2015 at 9:34am
Hello All. Need help from guys in the industry.

New apt has a 1-year-old carpet. Apt is 800 Sq ft, 700 of which is all (I believe) nylon carpeting (top of backing is clear and shiny). Lungs are burning from outgassing, nervous system doesn't feel right (I'm shaky and nervous), am overly-sensitive to other toxins when I leave house such as car fumes when driving etc. The odor from carpet is noxious, even at a year old.

Spent $200 on AFM Safecoat Shampoo, Sealer and Lock Out (3-part system.) Hired apt complex's carpet guy to come in and do job. He's knowledgable and very kind. I asked him to use the AFM Shampoo and Sealer only for starters (first 2 parts of the 3-piece system), as that is often enough for many people.

I was asked not to be around while he did the job in case cleaning and application of product might affect me. I went elsewhere for 4 days. Upon returning, I noticed immediately there was absolutely no difference in odor in apt. Sweet chemical smell was the same. I've been just as affected over the past week here as I was before which is strange because I have read this product really works, yet even with a not-brand-new carpet, there was no change at all.

When I knelt down and separated carpet fibers there was no visible sign of any sealer. Where bottom of fibers meet top of backing, it's as clean as a whistle, even to feel. As in, as clean as newly-shampooed hair - from top to bottom of fibers, clean as a whistle.

I asked carpet guy why the spray bottle I left for him to mist (not stream) product on wasn't used as directed by manufacturer. He says he used a 2.5 gallon sprayer or he would've been spraying all day.

No empty containers were left in the apt showing product had been used. Not necessary, but just another thing that crops my instincts up.

Does this sound right to you? Should I be able to see or feel some evidence that sealer was actually used?
I'm thinking of using the product again but using another company, as living in a sea of formaldehyde is no fun, and I'm wheezing something terrible - even with all windows open and a fan going all day and night.
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply