Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Think like a Businessman, not a carpet Cleaner!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Think like a Businessman, not a carpet Cleaner!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Think like a Businessman, not a carpet Cleaner!
    Posted: 20/January/2013 at 5:57pm
Every year you know it is going to happen. Winter is going to arrive and things are going to slow down. Those that have made a good living during the warmer and busier part of the year will have 2 choices. They can shut down operations and head for warmer weather down south in places like Florida, Arizona or California. This works well if most of your customer base is on the residential side. They will not need you again till the Spring in many cases.

The rest of you might be more on the commercial side. Your scheduled monthly cleaning schedule means you can't leave your business for more than a couple of weeks at most. Or maybe you just did not make enough dollars during most of the year to have options when the winter arrived.

The answer for most of you is to up the amount of money you get from your existing customer base. It is much more profitable than just adding more customers that wont pay you any better than the ones you have now! And your existing customer base is looking to buy more services from someone they already know and trust(you).

To do this right you need to add another service to your customer base they want. One of these is air duct cleaning. More than 50% of your customer base is looking for it. And if you are fortunate enough to already own a truckmount it is inexpensive and easy to both add and do.

Todays modern accessorary offerings for doing this work generally cost under $1000.00 to buy and work from the vacuum power that your TM already produces to produce the cleaning power needed to clean the ductwork in most residential homes.

It is not unusual to bump a typical $200.00 carpet cleaning job up to a job ticket of $450.00 to $650.00 just by spending an extra hour cleaning the duct work in the home before you clean the carpets.In many cases this added service can be done 10 months of the year.

If you boosted your income just be as little as $4000.00 per month by offering this service you would see $40,000 in additional income per year.Can you see how that would impact your available choices during the winter season?

Think like a businessman, not a carpet cleaner. If you don't the biggest reason you don't live the life you want will be yourself, not your competition.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
Sponsored Links

duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/February/2013 at 1:54pm
Here Here!  The title alone says it all.  Great post Ken.Thumbs Up

Now, can I have the soapbox back so I can reach the Bourbon on the top shelf? LOL
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
aquadry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquadry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2013 at 12:26am
Carpets are an important part of any commercial, industrial and residential areas, but they need regular cleaning and maintenance to maintain their beauty. To remove odors and germs from the unclean carpets, carpet cleaning machines are the best.

http://www.aqua-dry.com/ - Carpet Cleaning Dublin
jtuseo1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtuseo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2013 at 1:17am
Ken I have been wanting to start doing duct cleaning but I do not know the first thing about it. Is there any dvd you can mail me , because I am very interested in starting to do this.
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/March/2013 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by jtuseo1 jtuseo1 wrote:

Ken I have been wanting to start doing duct cleaning but I do not know the first thing about it. Is there any dvd you can mail me , because I am very interested in starting to do this.

None out there that I can mail to you. However there is an excellant DVD on residential air duct cleaning sold by Air-Care at:

www.air-care.com

It costs about $200.00 to buy. It will educate you about the different ways to clean residential ducting. After viewing that you will know if you want to spend $700.00 or $2000.00 for the equipment to get started using your TM.

The most important thing is to get educated so you can make an informed decision BEFORE getting into this business.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
ValenciaJohn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ValenciaJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2013 at 6:40am
Yes indeed you should behave like a business person at the time of dealing but service should be in priority.Because service is only matter for customer which makes them more  n more comfortable for business with you.Wink
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2013 at 7:06pm
I agree
Lavon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lavon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/June/2017 at 12:29am
Great post Ken! You have opened up my eyes with this post looking to venture off into commercial as well as residential thanks again
jpeter10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpeter10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/December/2017 at 6:49am
Thank You Ken, Its my first ever post on this forum,

Yes, Also having some low cast small services as a funnel starter let the customer inn and by offering a follow up services as an upsell with these customers can lead to more return in sales in a long term.
 Post Reply Post Reply