Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Porty hose run

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westcovina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Porty hose run
    Posted: 23/June/2011 at 3:25pm
What is the longest hose run you have done with your porty?
Sponsored Links

Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/June/2011 at 6:18pm
100ft.
A.K.A.
Andy
dmreed4311 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmreed4311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/July/2011 at 7:16pm
when i ran a porty 100 ft was max but only when It was two stories
Carpet cleaning brandon Fl
Carpet Doctor inc.
10903 Brucehaven Dr.
Riverview Fl 33578
813-988-7946
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/July/2011 at 11:41pm
50 from the porty with a Shazaam to the Cross-American booster.  25 from there to the rotovac ---- carpet dry in 1 hour or less.  I leave the modified porty outside for most of job.  I am considering 50 feet from the booster to the rotovac powerwand but I am happy so far with my current configuration.
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/July/2011 at 11:18pm
Hey Duck ... Thought you were OPing only. Anyways good info.
Went 75' on a high density thick pad nylon and it left it too wet for my likings.
And thats with 3x3stage 1.5" hose.. The wand has to move like a tortoise turtle. haha! And if you have high flow you sometimes get a girgle in the wand head where the water isnt moving fast enough.
Electric TMs they call it. haha! To me its just a porty even if its stays in the Van. just sayin!
greenclean_adam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenclean_adam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/August/2011 at 3:21pm
there are some new machines available soon in uk which allow 150ft hose. most i've gone with is 100ft and suction was still great. can't see me really needing any more then that from this machine
westcovina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westcovina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/August/2011 at 7:23pm
I just picked up 75 more feet of vac hose which now gives me 90 feet.
Ken Harris View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/August/2011 at 11:57pm
200 Ft.

When you run 4 vac motors you can do stuff like that.

4 - 3 stage vacs in series parallel formation does it rather easily.Smile
Inventor of Teflon Carpet Wand Glides.Free Glides for all Cleaners in June!
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/September/2011 at 1:32am
Doing both now John and with 100 ft now between Cross-American vac booster and rotovac, still using the Mytee 1001HV with a Shazzam booster and 250 psi pump.  Different tools for different jobs like my dad did on construction jobs.
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
 Post Reply Post Reply