Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Starting and Building a Business

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>
Author
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/December/2010 at 10:34pm
I can say 6 years later... I'm still here.....  It was a little slow like two years ago..... with all the economic doom and gloom...  Business hasn't been bad lately...less carpet for sure...  but we charge more...  I have cut way back on advertising.... I have a good size customer list with the advertising I do, and repeats and referrals are always coming in.  I book on average 20 calls per week.... Min call is $90 for 3 areas....

6 years later... and still kickin...
www.mr-steamer.com
Sponsored Links

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/December/2010 at 10:19pm

Yep, And were all 6yrs older...... Confused That went fast! Shocked

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/December/2010 at 7:20pm
You don't have to tell me...... I had to do a double take on the date the thread started...LOL
www.mr-steamer.com
DavidD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/January/2011 at 1:39pm
I'm new here in this forum and everything i read is really nice.
I learned a lot here.
Just want to say Thanks..Smile 
barry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/June/2011 at 11:54pm
well, before you start to clean all the problems with the carpet belong to the customer.
when you start to clean the carpet all the problems become your problems

always do a good walk thru with customer and point out big problems
Chris1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/November/2011 at 11:14pm
I too am new and appreciate all the posts.  Based on your experience what would you say is the most important marketing/advertising method or use for a beginner would be?
Chris
www.mypremierclean.com
John 3:16
fayetteville carpet cleaning
moreforles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moreforles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/December/2011 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by LilNiteRidrhood LilNiteRidrhood wrote:

Clean the carpet like it was your own.

Pay special attention to the spots that need extra attention.

Follow up with the client to be sure all is well.

Make sure the cleaner is clean.

Make sure the equipment is clean.

Underpromise and overdeliver.

Remember everything you tell a client before the job is a reason, and everything you tell the client at the end is an excuse.

I would say, "clean the carpet like it was a relative of yours, one you didn't want to hear complaints from, always try to get it as clean as possible, leave it as dry as possible, don't leave a mess, either from draining the machine after the cleaning is done, or from a vehicle that leaks fluids  -  Leave them happy and glad to call and/or refer your services to others"
moreforles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moreforles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/December/2011 at 9:41pm
print up some  3 or 4 (or more) referral sheets, with your price and cleaning information, with the customers and let them pass them out for you to either relatives, friends or neighbors.

the first couple years, I ran a small add in the Yellow pages.  The internet didn't exist then, at least in it's present form, so mining your contacts there would be more or at least as important as any other advertising.

a half dozen commercial accounts (restaurants, offices) to keep you busy while you schedule and clean residential jobs and build up a clientele

And one thing I wish I had done more of, is keep a upto date list of clientele, that can be searched, by city, job last completed, relatives and referrals, so that when you schedule a job, you can contact others in the same area, saving travel expenses, or jobs that are due for annual or biannual cleaning, to keep your schedule full, or relatives or referrals of the scheduled job, to see if they want theirs done the same day....

I have several streets in a few cities where I have a half dozen customers on the same street, but can rarely get two or more to schedule the same day, if face I normally end up doing one and then the other customers see me there, or hear that I had been there and a few days/weeks later, I'm back on the same street again, not that I mind, but three or four of them, would make a great day, if I could schedule them together....

And it's not that I don't like people, but my favorite jobs are empty houses and apartments, clean them and bill the job.  The only thing better, is when they tell me where a key is, or a lock box code, and say the checks on the counter.

Liggykoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liggykoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/March/2012 at 4:36pm
Hello everyone,
This is my first time posting on this fourm but so far I have learned so much from you guys thanks. I plan on starting up a CC company within the next few years once I have done enough research. I was woundering if you guys could give me a list of 5 TM and 5 portable units I should look into as a starter for my company and any other information you can think of would be great. LOL and please no S*** talking between TM and portables.
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/March/2012 at 1:20am
Why do you think that you should not learn how to clean carpets first?  Which car should I buy even tho I do not know how to drive?
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
Liggykoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liggykoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/March/2012 at 3:30pm
Like i said im not starting for a few years, once I get a tightly made business plan and enough captial to back it do I plan to start and as for learning how to clean carpets thats what I just started doing and what I plan to do for the next few years. As for driving and what car im not to sure what you ment by that but if I can whip around HMMWVs, LMTVs, and Paladins (type of tank) from my Army days I think I can manage to drive a van around town. So what type of TM and portables do you think I should look into?
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/March/2012 at 7:57pm
Engage your brain schmuck
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
Liggykoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liggykoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/March/2012 at 9:54pm

Ok, I'm sure from a seasoned vet’s point of view such as yourself my question is retarded but at the same time it’s still a question I would like answered. So if you don't want to help me out or give me any USEFUL advice do me a favor and keep your snide little comments to yourself. Thanks

Again for those who might actually like to help someone.

Can someone give me a few TM or a few portables they recommend for a start up or any other useful advice is also welcomed.

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2012 at 4:01pm
Liggykoa,

This site is loaded with more useful advice than most others and the equipment TM & Portables new and used are plentiful. Took me years to accumulate and offer the industry the best that I could find to sell and be proud of it.

I only wish a site like this was available years ago when I went through hell climbing the ladder.

Ted
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>