Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines > Rotovac
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Rotovac

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhooie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rotovac
    Posted: 21/July/2010 at 12:07pm
Looking at some opinions on the Rotovac 360i or other Rotovac wands.

I manage commercial buildings where the carpet is glues directly to wood or concrete, no underlay

I'm finding that the pile in "cow paths" or traffic lanes isn't being lifted well enough for tenants to be happy. A carpet rake won't cut the mustard.

Your thoughts?

Sponsored Links

Ken Harris View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/July/2010 at 2:51pm
360i will do commercial carpets well too. You just have to turn down the speed a little bit because of the irregular floors that that carpet is often built on. If doing larger areas of commercial carpet the RX20 may be a better choice.
Inventor of Teflon Carpet Wand Glides.Free Glides for all Cleaners in June!
mrhooie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhooie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/July/2010 at 3:13pm
we've got about 400,000 sq ft of commercial space. My carpet cleaning program runs about 9 months of the year and most of the space is offices. My only concern with the 360i was maneuvering it in small offices

have you used one?

Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/July/2010 at 2:38am
I have used them both.

The RX20 is the tool of choice for doing the kind of square footage you have. But only is it is mostly open areas to clean.

In tight office areas I would go with either the 360i or a wand.

But for the area you have to cover I would go with encapping unless there was a reason not to. You will make much more money that way on an hourly basis.
mrhooie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhooie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/July/2010 at 10:52am
could you point me in the direction on information on encapping. it's not something i'm familiar with. Currently we are using a Johnson diversity heavy duty prespray and then extraction with a clarke us machine (bext series with heat)
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/July/2010 at 3:04pm
mrhooie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhooie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/July/2010 at 4:48pm
thanks, will do some digging!
canoer5222 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canoer5222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/September/2010 at 3:03pm
 Anyone using the Rotovac with a Little giant heater ? Less water usage ,fewer dry passes,drier carpet ???
                                                   JIM

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canoer5222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/September/2010 at 1:05pm
 No one using RV with Little Giant ??
Grutzy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grutzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/September/2010 at 1:52pm
Encapping without bonnets is the biggest BS fairy tale in this industry. God forbid your customer does a towel test after you encap and pulls up a towel full of mud.
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/September/2010 at 7:56pm
Are you a chemist now too?  Adding that to your engineering expertise now?
What level of a college degree DO you have?
BS = Bull $h1+
MS = More of the Same ... or my favorite
PHD = Piled Higher and Deeper

How does the saying go:
It is better to remain silent and thought a fool
Than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canoer5222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/September/2010 at 8:25am
Hysterical
Grutzy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grutzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/September/2010 at 9:48am
Originally posted by duckcountry duckcountry wrote:

Are you a chemist now too?  Adding that to your engineering expertise now?
What level of a college degree DO you have?
BS = Bull $h1+
MS = More of the Same ... or my favorite
PHD = Piled Higher and Deeper

How does the saying go:
It is better to remain silent and thought a fool
Than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Mindless grunt, I have a master's degree and if you knew anything and had  suitable experience, you would know that pure encapsulation is nonsense. Try it out for yourself. Get the carpet looking good and then do a water extraction a few days later and watch all the muddy water drain from your tank. A Cymex only hides the dirt but doesn't take any of it out. If you believe the encap fairy tales, you are a sucker.
grimel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grimel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/September/2010 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Grutzy Grutzy wrote:

Mindless grunt, I have a master's degree and if you knew anything and had  suitable experience, you would know that pure encapsulation is nonsense. Try it out for yourself. Get the carpet looking good and then do a water extraction a few days later and watch all the muddy water drain from your tank. A Cymex only hides the dirt but doesn't take any of it out. If you believe the encap fairy tales, you are a sucker.

How about you do your best extraction and I come behind you with my OP or even bonnets.  Wanna bet how much crude comes up?  NOBODY gets it all.  The biggest scam in carpet cleaning is coming behind someone else to show how much "better" you are.

For what it matters, I could probably take a decent wet/dry vac, spray the carpet with a water hose, and pull dirt up after your done.
When all else fails, read the directions
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>