Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Air Duct Cleaning & Indoor Air Quality Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

I'm thinking of doing air ducts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm thinking of doing air ducts
    Posted: 30/April/2010 at 9:01am
I'm thinking of adding air duct cleaning. How many of you use your carpet cleaning truck mounts and what equipment do you use? Is it worth the hassle?
www.AbcoClean.com
Sponsored Links

albertperry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albertperry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/November/2010 at 11:35pm
Usually once a year, I hire a licensed contractor that specializes in mold remediation or duct cleaning for my duct system.

TrueNorth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrueNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/November/2010 at 12:18am

In my opinion you are cheating the customer if you are using your truckmount to clean ducts.  You can't reach everything.

wheelie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/December/2010 at 6:27am
My strong opinions are well known on this subject so I will only say this. I am a licenced sheet metal and a tech 2 gas fitter. If one doesn't understand how a duct system runs or installed, or what all is in a system, how can one do it properly. Takes me on the most part 20 minutes to study the system to get my plan of attact together. Show my guys the ruins that come of what trunks, and where in the house all the round pipe runs are connected so they don't hit a screw and think they are all the way there. There is alot more than just sticking a airhose down a vent. If not useing a dedicated duct cleaning system you are best to hire a company that specializes in duct cleaning and add markup to it on your bill. I do it for alot of contractors and I never talk money with the home owner. I do my job and bill contractor and after I leave he bills costomer. Would do same if it were carpet cleaner. Ussually give contractors a little bit of a reduced rate. Like 50 bucks cheaper and I tell them that. Hope this helps a bit. Good luck.
wheelie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/December/2010 at 6:35am
Will add this, that way job is done properly and you can make 100 dollars or how much you choose and do nothing and not the expense of having to buy 10 000 dollars of equipment.
aqualityassured View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aqualityassured Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/January/2011 at 3:32am
Originally posted by wheelie wheelie wrote:

My strong opinions are well known on this subject so I will only say this. I am a licenced sheet metal and a tech 2 gas fitter. If one doesn't understand how a duct system runs or installed, or what all is in a system, how can one do it properly. Takes me on the most part 20 minutes to study the system to get my plan of attact together. Show my guys the ruins that come of what trunks, and where in the house all the round pipe runs are connected so they don't hit a screw and think they are all the way there. There is alot more than just sticking a airhose down a vent. If not useing a dedicated duct cleaning system you are best to hire a company that specializes in duct cleaning and add markup to it on your bill. I do it for alot of contractors and I never talk money with the home owner. I do my job and bill contractor and after I leave he bills costomer. Would do same if it were carpet cleaner. Ussually give contractors a little bit of a reduced rate. Like 50 bucks cheaper and I tell them that. Hope this helps a bit. Good luck.

I agree.  I use the spin vax air duct cleaning system and my customers are very satisfied.  Don't forget to change the filters.
_________"We Know How To Clean!"
Cleaning Services Atlanta
Carpet Cleaners Atlanta
Matthewop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthewop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2011 at 2:34am
good suggestions guys. i think i know what should i do now!
77748 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/June/2011 at 12:42am
This is hard work especially if the furnace is in the attic. You need to spend some time up there if not stick to single story and how do you market that. You really need to know what the hell you are doing. How many people know how to access and or can clean the blower area ?
Steveb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steveb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/April/2014 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by 77748 77748 wrote:

This is hard work especially if the furnace is in the attic. You need to spend some time up there if not stick to single story and how do you market that. You really need to know what the hell you are doing. How many people know how to access and or can clean the blower area ?

Duct cleaning and duct repairs can be a good profit center add on to a cleaning business, but I have to agree. If you are going to do it, make sure you can do a quality job. It may cost you more upfront, but marketed right, it can pay off quite nicely.

Another option is to do a handshake partnership with a small duct cleaner. Make a deal to sell the job, let the guy with the right equipment do it and either mark it up or ask for a commission. Then you can add in networking. Air duct guy is in the house, if he sees carpets needing cleaning, let him sell you, mark it up or give him a commission.

What not to do is the best you can with half A$$ equipment. It can only hurt your duct cleaning and carpet cleaning reputation.
rsaunders View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsaunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/May/2014 at 5:55am
The company I used to work with before spent a lot on I used to spend a lot on cleaning and then we hired in one of those companies which saved us a fortune- would definitely recommend!
GregoryWilcox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregoryWilcox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/June/2018 at 2:04am
Nice recommendation!
victoribam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoribam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/October/2018 at 12:02pm
This duct fix is a nice one addition to this forum site. Above tips and tricks to manage the duct and ventilation processes are very amazing.
peter98765 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter98765 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/April/2022 at 6:18am
before putting so much hustle into it i should suggest you to try duct cleaning services from a professional agency. it will save your time and efforts.
larkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/April/2022 at 5:52am
I will suggest you to consult some professionals to get your air duct cleaning done 
 Post Reply Post Reply