Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Recoiling over the Recoil

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grutzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/October/2010 at 7:59am
Well, we have to admit, even if the first passage was a Valentine creation, surely the most recent one was not. Having said this, it still remains that the author was a close friend/ distributor - hardly an impartial consumer.

Perhaps, Mr Ed is a great man who is being misunderstood by some of us. After all, he seems to have stronger relationships with the people around him than any other manufacturer in this business. He seems to build loyalty beyond our comprehension or reasoning and maybe it leads us to speculate that they are not real. His patrons regularly offer their minds (albeit simple) and bodies on his behalf in the many conflicts that take place around him. Mr Ed is a battlehorse and he has been run through the ringer on these forums. He has the same loyalty toward his gruesomely flawed machine as his patrons/distributors have toward him and he is not the brightest bulb on the tree to begin with. He will lie, cheat and create tales of lore about his machine, founded on pure love and passion for it. While this may be unethical, we have to consider the passion he has and willingness to hurl himself into trouble on behalf of his Recoil.

This may sound sarcastic but in reality, I am impressed that this man builds such strong relationships, given such a weak hand. To hell with his Recoil, for we all know it is a bomb. More importantly, there is a perplexing man behind the machine who deserves some credit for the admiration that he has earned from those who do business with him.

Jan's post nearly brought me to tears; very touching with just a touch of the violent upheaval that is synonomous with Mr Ed, battlehorse extraordinaire.
Sponsored Links

Alexarz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexarz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/October/2010 at 3:11pm
Grutzy, while I agree with much of what you have said, how can you consider the possibility of Ed V. being a great man when he fabricates lies to sell his machine? I don't care if it is passion that leads him to do it; it's still unethical and he does it all the time, from one forum to the other.

The fact is, TA152 is Mr V's worst nightmare. He is just too smart for the "warhorse" to deal with and Ed's methods of counter attack always involve fleeting into another dimension of make-believe. If he were man enough to apologize and perhaps heave one of his portables into a pond, in some sort of sin repenting act of sacrifice, I might reconsider. Instead, he is talking like he is at the peak of an acid trip, nowhere near reality.
alexanderS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexanderS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/October/2010 at 5:56pm
Alexarz, you are an idiot! Pure and Simple minded! There is just nothing
else to say to you! So I wont!

duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/October/2010 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Alexarz Alexarz wrote:

he fabricates lies and he does it all the time, from one forum to the other.  he is talking like he is at the peak of an acid trip, nowhere near reality.

Pretty well describes the three major attackers of Ed.  Your words, Alexarz, not mine.  Nuff said.
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
TA152H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TA152H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/October/2010 at 3:09am
Originally posted by alexanderS alexanderS wrote:

Alexarz, you are an idiot! Pure and Simple minded! There is just nothing
else to say to you! So I wont!

Jan,

This type of remark says more about you than it does him.  It's very childish and not at all constructive.

I'm not here to change your opinion of Ed V., that's impossible.  I can't make someone see what they simply do not wish to.  Part of me respects your loyalty, while at the same time being disappointed in your lack of objectivity.  You actually called the man a genius.  

But, this man you almost deify was caught publishing a letter from his distributor, and the distributor who made the change, without in any way mentioning that.  There's nothing wrong with that?  He's made posts on other forums using other IDs saying how wonderful the Recoil is, using the same IP address.  Also OK?  When caught, he makes ugly, and baseless accusations, and then complains the other person is being negative.  This is someone you really like and respect?  You think I should too?  And this is someone that needed it pointed out that his machine had a few extra amps?  An engineering genius would need this?  OK.  To me this is basic stuff, but what do I know?  Adding amps is really hard, I guess, for engineering geniuses.  

This is not directed at you, because as I said, I can't change your opinion, and don't want to anyway.  You're probably better off this way, and happier.  But, other people read this, and he can't keep being slimy and get away with it.  

Do you see on the other forum how effective John Labarbera is?  I can't say I like all his machines, but his way of dealing with people and the forum (outside of one post where he forgot himself) is very effective, and has created more goodwill towards his products.  Ed V. does not have this effect, because of his mendacious and duplicitous behavior.  He elicits confusion and disgust (for those times you can figure out what he's actually saying).  

TA152H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TA152H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/October/2010 at 3:22am
Originally posted by Alexarz Alexarz wrote:

Grutzy, while I agree with much of what you have said, how can you consider the possibility of Ed V. being a great man when he fabricates lies to sell his machine? I don't care if it is passion that leads him to do it; it's still unethical and he does it all the time, from one forum to the other.

The fact is, TA152 is Mr V's worst nightmare. He is just too smart for the "warhorse" to deal with and Ed's methods of counter attack always involve fleeting into another dimension of make-believe. If he were man enough to apologize and perhaps heave one of his portables into a pond, in some sort of sin repenting act of sacrifice, I might reconsider. Instead, he is talking like he is at the peak of an acid trip, nowhere near reality.

I agree with you.  I don't think the talking horse has any love or loyalty towards anything, including his machine.  I think it's just an all out attempt to make money without paying for advertising.  

People of strong character, which begets loyalty, do not deceive to meet their ends.  Loyalty out of need, or advantage, is merely dependence, and completely lacking the sublimity of true loyalty.  He's more likely to attract sales people, or similar people of relatively superficial values, who perceive benefit from him, and/or in endorsing his products.  You'd have to have flexible ethics, "the end justifies the means", type of thinking to validate his dissembling and dissimulating.  

Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/October/2010 at 2:41pm
Since stats show  cross-american.com has done rather well with increasing traffic due to these child like attacks and for a manufacturer looking for a better placement with the search engines for in this case the Recoil that  in this case actually results in free advertising and increased sales, you guys done real good.  Keep it up, the world needs more fools like you three stooges.
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexanderS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/October/2010 at 7:30pm
TA152H, I believe I have been reasonable. As far as my remarks about
Alexarz , I will be honest I have a difficult time with a person who makes
fun of my name!!??(in another thread) This is such a childish and ignorant thing to do. 
What does a reasonable person say to someone like this?
I will respond to you and Grutzy but I am done with Alexarz as I don't know
how to deal with that kind of childish stuff!
I am almost 59 years old. I am over that many decades ago! But this is
his method of responding to me.
As far as Ed Valentine being a genius! No he does not actually qualify for
the true meaning of the genius. In another post I believe I clarified that.
Very few people have an IQ of over 170! Very few people in any given
generation are truly genius by the real definition. 
Ed has done some things and said some things that cause me to admire
his intellect. I have learned from him. If you are saying that I am determined
to not see what is reality I must disagree.
Do I always agree with him ? No! I don't . Actually we are in many ways 
 quite different. I would never deify another man. Not anybody, never!
 But in our belief about appreciation and caring about a customer and
even recognizing they have family and if we are dishonest in our dealings we
could do real harm. Ed has actually helped me to think more along those lines!
I think he has learned from me also. We see things that relate to this industry
pretty much the same. 
You remarked about my objectivity. I would like for you to tell me where I have
not been objective.

Jan Sullins

Alexarz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexarz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/October/2010 at 9:20pm
Jan, if I hurt your feelings with that comment, I apologize. I assumed your name was longer than just Jan and I don't know your gender. If you are a male and absorbed abuse as a child, I could understand why this would be annoying. Isn't Jan a european name for a man, pronounced "Yan"? If so, there isn't anything girly about that. (I hope I didn't just offend a woman). Anyway, you can clarify all of this if you would like.
Some people obviously admire Ed V. but to me he seems like such a phoney and his reactions to criticisms about the Coil are borderline sociopathic and certainly not professional.
If we help sell him more machines, all the better so he can make more money and afford a complete overhaul redesign in the near future.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexanderS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/October/2010 at 12:11pm

You did not hurt my feelings. My father was an assistant principal at a

high school back in 1950 to 52 . A student a male that he thought a lot
of and who excelled as a student . For some reason he named me after
this student. Of course when your young you may be teased and as
I remember there was some of that.
By the time I was in the 8th grade it was not an issue. Personally I don't
think males should be named with what can be construed as a female name.
My name is one. Marion is another . Carrol as Carrol Oconner. Gale which
is spelled differently for females ie.. Gayle.
Jan Michael Vincent was a successful actor back in the 1970's and 1980's.
Jan Murray was a comedian in the 60's and 1970s.
Your right of course about the Europeon name in that the J has the sound of a Y.
But I was born in the USA!

I am just don't have any more to say about Cross-American. All I can go on is
my experience as well as others that I know. We don't see the problem that
apparently some others do.

I think it is time to move on!
Jan Sullins

Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/October/2010 at 12:15pm
I was surprised you remembered Jan Murray.  Wasn't he a TV game show host as well for a time?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexanderS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/October/2010 at 1:41pm
Yes he was. He usually was a celebrity contestant. One show I remember him
on was "Match Game". Charles Nelson Riley and Betty White I believe were on
that show as well . Several others. Jan Michael Vincent did a TV movie about a
Hippie being drafted into the Marines. His career was pretty big but he had trouble
with drinking and that eventually ruined his career.
Alexarz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexarz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/October/2010 at 5:43pm
Jan Michael Vincent was also in a Burt Reynolds movie. I think it was "Hooper".
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/October/2010 at 6:34pm

Jan is the man..LOL! LOL You better ck yourself...LOL! LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>