Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

new member question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new member question
    Posted: 14/December/2009 at 8:49pm
I've just signed up to this forum and I have a question. This question has puzzled me for years. I have been cleaning carpets asa part time business for over 20 years. I currently use a portable cleaner with 200 psi and a rotovac wand. I get pretty good results not perfect but pretty good. I have repeat customers I have some referals. The problem is I have almost zero comercial and fell lucky if I have 1 job a week. I happened to meet two guys working for stanley steamer from the next town over, they cover our area as well. They have 15 vans with each doing from 4 to 10 jobs a day each . I am not greedy but I would like to have just afew more jobs.I have done many things but little has seemed to help. people seemed satisfied with my work - what are these big guys doing right in a small way I would like to copy to have just a little more business  Thanks
small town man
Sponsored Links

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/December/2009 at 9:11pm
Pretty hard to know what they're doing , but as a guess I would say either hitting the pavement giving demos or most likely telemarketing.

Nightrider
arthur712 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arthur712 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/January/2010 at 12:42pm
It is all about the NAME!

You need to get your Business Name out there and Everywhere.

There are many free ways to advertise your business by Bartering your services.

You can go to restaurants and tell them you will give them better price on carpet cleaning if they will advertise your business on menu, wall space, To Go flyers and what ever will work!

You have the ability to this in so many places of business!

That is just my 2 Cents!

Thanks!
Artie

Edited by arthur712 - 22/January/2010 at 12:43pm
Artie Crowley
http://www.mytakeacard.com
jaymark1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaymark1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/January/2010 at 4:43pm

IF i were to ask the majority of customers who called me why they called me, they would all say the same thing.  "I was going to call stanley, but searched carpet cleaner on the internet and found you"

Its there name and the massive spending they do on advertising. 
I dont predict the future or sell glides, am I allowed on this site?
prouddadx3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prouddadx3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/January/2010 at 5:33pm
You can sign up for Google and Yahoo maps for free. If you need help with it give me a shout.
 Post Reply Post Reply