Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

decent machine for household use?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irv0310 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: decent machine for household use?
    Posted: 08/December/2009 at 11:56pm
Hello everyone! I am by no means a professional, and am not trying to get into the carpet cleaning business, so please don't flame me! Smile

I am considering the purchase of a machine that will work well for household use. We have two children, you know how that can be! Also, we have two rental properties and will likely use the machine for those as well. I have been looking at retired rental units on eBay like the Rug Doctor r-40. There are also several Rinsenvac models on there as well. Some of the model #'s for the Rinsenvac's are  RV-85, MBU-1R, and MBU-1. Does anyone know anything about these machines? I would like to know which would be the better choice. I have searched everywhere online and cannot seem to find anything about any of these machines. I am new here and am not aware of the site rules about posting links or I would include links directly to the machines.

I would just like to make an informed decision. I want a machine that is of higher quality than the department store "throw-aways" but would like to stay in the 300-400 price range. I have a good friend in the carpet cleaning business (truck-mounted equipment) and will likely still have him do some of our cleaning, but I would like a machine to maintain the carpets in between.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.
Sponsored Links

irv0310 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irv0310 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/December/2009 at 8:25am
Maybe I will just have to wing it! If I cannot find any info I will just order one and hope for the best. I have searched and searched online with no luck. I thought that asking in a carpet cleaning forum would be the way to go! 
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/December/2009 at 2:28pm
Ask your friend that has the truckmount..........what are friends for..........we're not your friends.....we're in business to make money you fool

Nightrider
irv0310 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irv0310 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/December/2009 at 4:11pm
Well excuse me a**hole! I'll go elsewhere. There are several threads about a similar topic, people asking advice on which machine to buy. So the main purpose for you posting on here is to make money? How is that working out for you? 
irv0310 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irv0310 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/December/2009 at 5:00pm
Well after reading several of your other posts I have come to the conclusion that you are of no assistance to anyone on this message board. It appears that you visit this site just to sing your own praises and put others down. I read little posts that could be helpful to anyone, maybe 1 out of 20. Others were just you being a prick. 
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/December/2009 at 6:28pm
Thank you.....you're right......as you can see I'm just the one who speaks out, all the others didn't even answer your post.....draw your own conclusions.....when you want to fix your own toilet do you go on the plumbing sites.....try it and see what happens to your post.....you MORON

Nightrider
irv0310 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irv0310 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/December/2009 at 6:38pm
Again, you have proven my point. You have nothing useful to offer. You just enjoy name calling and putting others down. Yet in one of your posts you talk about how others put people down to make themselves feel good. And you put someone else down for posting on several different boards daily, yet you have 4.500+ posts on this one. The pot calling the kettle black maybe? Sorry that I have wasted so much of your valuable time. If your time was as valuable as you make it out to be, you would not have even bothered.

And for the record, I can (and have) fix anything that is wrong with a toilet as well as most any home improvement project. Since I have experience with that, I would not need to consult a professional. Because I have limited experience with carpet cleaning machines, I thought that I would ask on a message board. Maybe I'll find a professional elsewhere who is not as much of a prick.
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/December/2009 at 8:51pm
Wow.....I'm impressed you read all my work.....did you read all 4,500 plus posts..........do you think I can write a book, give me a title and I'll write around it.....might be a top seller, give me a good title and I'll cut you in the royalties from my share

Nightrider
irv0310 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irv0310 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/December/2009 at 9:06pm
No I don't think anyone would pay a dime for that garbage. If you put half of the time into actually posting something useful and helping people out (which is the purpose of message boards by the way) as you do proving what an arrogant douche-bag you are, then you might be a decent guy. 
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/December/2009 at 9:57pm
cmon NR...  no need to go off on the guy...LOL
www.mr-steamer.com
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/December/2009 at 10:15pm
O.K Mr. Steamer.....Sorry

Now Irv0310, I think that's not a bad title   ( No I don't think anyone would pay a dime for that garbage ) might be doable.....but I really like ( what an arrogant douche-bag you are ) that can be a movie.  Thanks

Nightrider
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/December/2009 at 11:09pm
The vacuum and pump motor even in a semi-professional carpet cleaning machine is worth at least what you are looking to pay for your entire machine. Sometimes you can get deals on used rental equipment at Home Depot or similar stores.

You may want to purchase a bucket of Capture cleaning powder and a brush applicator to maintain your carpets and furniture along with your vacuum cleaner in-between your truckmount friend.

irv0310 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irv0310 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/December/2009 at 11:15pm
Thank you so much for your dignified response. That is actually what I have been considering is a retired rental machine. What I have to decide on is which one. An old Rug Doctor R-40 or a Rinsenvac RV85. Again, I thank you for your response.  
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/December/2009 at 11:45pm
Hey.....what about our book deal.....don't go

Nightrider
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>