Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Tile and Grout and Hard Surface Floor Cleaning Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

What PSI to clean Tile & Grout

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What PSI to clean Tile & Grout
    Posted: 08/November/2009 at 8:47pm
I have a Prochem legend SE and took it to 1200 PSI it aadjusted  that high for approx 4 hours no problem but I think the machine outputs 1000 max according to specifications.  Steering
Sponsored Links

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/November/2009 at 11:10pm
We keep it around 1000 psi and it cleans well on most jobsBig smile

The STD Meter
77748 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/November/2009 at 1:13am
Although specs say 1000 damn thing went up to 1200 gradually just messing with it.
In any machine cranking it up like that can you probably maybe blow the cat pump
machine has 3000 hours
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/November/2009 at 8:51am
It could damage the seals. Cat pumps are pricey to repairOuch

The STD Meter
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/November/2009 at 12:02pm
I clean alot of hard surface, mostly damaged uncleanable tiles and concrete ( but I get the bucks for it ) I use a Karcher with a 3000 psi pump ( that is able to run constant at 3000, very important.....not all pumps run constant especially pumps in truckmounts ) and I use as close to 300 degree heat and set it just before it steams , my pre-spray I can't tell you

Nightrider
RIP IT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RIP IT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/November/2009 at 4:45pm
Let me guess.......... Tide. 1:10
Dont treat people like customers. Treat them like friends.
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/November/2009 at 5:03pm
nightrider,

Less heat and less PSI with more Tide.

You must keep those bubbles going it's all in the presentation.

killpatrickyum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killpatrickyum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/January/2010 at 12:22am
just a note i sudgest you dont load up your machine to much as you will put everything under to much stress u should get magic results at 1000 psi no need for more you can actually start blowing grout out at higher pressures
CCandmore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCandmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/January/2010 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by nightrider nightrider wrote:

I clean alot of hard surface, mostly damaged uncleanable tiles and concrete ( but I get the bucks for it ) I use a Karcher with a 3000 psi pump ( that is able to run constant at 3000, very important.....not all pumps run constant especially pumps in truckmounts ) and I use as close to 300 degree heat and set it just before it steams , my pre-spray I can't tell you

Nightrider
Nightrider, what kind of heater and tile tool are you using with that Karcher?
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/January/2010 at 6:59pm
The machine looks like this one except mine is a different model number, I modified the pump to a 3000 psi from the original 1000 psi that comes stock. When I clean using HOT water I lower the psi to 1000 to 1500 for floors. When I use the cold I use a gun with a turbo nozzel and 3000psi. The heater is Diesel fuel and reaches temperatures of 302 F, and maintaines heat at a constant. On most floors soap or degreaser is not needed, the heat and pressure is enough. If I do need a detergent, I usually use any type degreaser, mostly for the grout.  IF YOU CLICK THE PIC, THIS GUY IS SELLING THIS UNIT FOR 1500 DOLLARS, I WOULD OFFER 800.....MAYBE I WILL.
  Nettoyeur haute pression KARCHER HDS 600C 20389623  I forgot.....I use an older model of a Turbo like this one, it's an old piece of junk that Ted gave me free when I bought a truckmount from him years ago. But it still works and does the jobTurbo Hybrid Hard Surface Cleaning Tool 

Edited by nightrider - 15/January/2010 at 7:45pm
CarpetproKC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarpetproKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/January/2010 at 8:53pm
Will cleaning with an ammonia based cleaner strip the sealant on tile and grout? 
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/January/2010 at 9:35pm

Amonia is a combination of  Hydrogen and nitrogen , now if it is the active ingrediant then the carrier has to be water which is just Windex or ammonium  hydroxide.

Amonia in a pure form  has a very strong odor and I would not use it for cleaning floors, it may dull the finish, it's a little dangerous, you have to have proper ventilation . Although people use it to clean hardwood. I would stay away from amonia personally .

There are much better chemicals to chose from . I like Butyl, I dilute it to a low concentration where there is a less that 1% adverse safety issue and keep repeating.

Nightrider
jaymark1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaymark1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/January/2010 at 5:05pm
as close to 300 degree heat?  so you mean like 230 degrees? ahaahhaah man im tired what a long day
I dont predict the future or sell glides, am I allowed on this site?
prouddadx3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prouddadx3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/January/2010 at 11:16am
NightRider,

Where did you take your chemistry classes? Do you make your own chemicals or do you add to a product on the market for tile and carpet? If you use a product out there, which do you prefer?

Thanks,

Keith
 Post Reply Post Reply