Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Porty shootout results

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexanderS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/April/2009 at 11:04am
I was wondering the same thing. 100% recovery is of course impossible. I can not see how this comparison is valid.
The 2 high performance portable/truckmounted extractors(Recoil 3HP vs Mytee M5) should have been compared as in a truckmount setting and then a portable setting.
For instance I would put only 25-50 ft of hose in a portable setting and 100-175 feet of vacuum hose in a truck or trailer mounted setting.
It of course would have been quite a bit more accurate if both machines were current model. The XPS 2nd generation series is different from the 3HP both in the vacuum and solution pressure/flow. The way the wiring is set up in the newer models will pass current United Kingdom codes. Wiring provides better and more consistant electrical flow to the components.

Sponsored Links

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/April/2009 at 11:25am
Originally posted by FriendlyHammer FriendlyHammer wrote:

If you believe that, I've got some Ultralip glides and some Turbotek ZX7 equipment to sell you.  Ermm

Yes, but more importantly, will you ship them?LOL

The STD Meter
FriendlyHammer View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/April/2009 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by cmaster cmaster wrote:

Originally posted by FriendlyHammer FriendlyHammer wrote:

If you believe that, I've got some Ultralip glides and some Turbotek ZX7 equipment to sell you.  Ermm

Yes, but more importantly, will you ship them?LOL

Only if I receive them.  LOL
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/April/2009 at 4:28pm

I know I have said this somewhere before, but everyone looks and talks-up vac power, pressure power and heat power more and more and more. And, once this high-powered brute is purchased it rapidly diminishes in power due to poor preventative maintenance.

We see it daily in our service department.

Filters do not get cleaned often enough diminishing air-flow. Heat exchangers do not get de-sclaed diminishing heat. Pressure regulators are allowed to leak-through and pumps hardly ever get oiled and greased properly. But, the biggest problem is that most machines purchased basically all come with the same wand made by the few wand manufacturers who pound them out cheap with very little thought as to the proper aerodynamics that a wand should have to be super efficient.

Examples are: look at the wasted heat that rises from and above a wand when cleaning with high-heat. You pay extra in that truckmount to get extra heat and blow it at the wand level. A good wand should come corral that heat and use it on the carpet and not heat the air above it. Weld-burs on the inside trap lint and buildup beaver dams retarding air-flow. When was the last time you put a hangar up your wand and flushed it well? Think what water and air will do in a hurricane.

The reason why someone has not designed a wand with hurricane simulations is because cleaners only want to pay $250 for a wand and not allowing inventors to produce close to perfection. Look at wands, 10 manufacturers have simply copied the first design of years ago. Very little resource and development and yet people like Rotovac and Hydramaster have developed rotary agitation wands to make the cleaners job easier. Few are sold compared to the blood, sweat and tears wands that tire you out and perform inconsistent cleaning.

Like doug says…It’s only my opinion. Guitar

Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/May/2009 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by alexanderS alexanderS wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. 100% recovery is of course impossible. I can not see how this comparison is valid.
The 2 high performance portable/truckmounted extractors(Recoil 3HP vs Mytee M5) should have been compared as in a truckmount setting and then a portable setting.
For instance I would put only 25-50 ft of hose in a portable setting and 100-175 feet of vacuum hose in a truck or trailer mounted setting.
It of course would have been quite a bit more accurate if both machines were current model. The XPS 2nd generation series is different from the 3HP both in the vacuum and solution pressure/flow. The way the wiring is set up in the newer models will pass current United Kingdom codes. Wiring provides better and more consistant electrical flow to the components.

anyone using 175 feet off a porty without a booster(I don't care what model) is not doing a very good job and is kidding him/herself and their customer.Shocked

I have an M5 and blowing breakers is not an issue if you actually look at the circuit indicator light before flicking the switchesWink
A.K.A.
Andy
alexanderS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexanderS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/May/2009 at 3:34pm
I agree 175 feet without an inline power booster is stretching it. However I personally have gone over 125 feet with a Recoil 3HP with only 2" vacuum hose . I had a propane heater and good chems and the job turned out fine. It was not an easy one either. It was a home for the some developmentally disabled individuals .  Food and beverage stains as well as pet problems.  

Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/May/2009 at 6:18pm
that I can see,,,,,,,,,I was running 100ft. all week this week and I was getting excellent dry times.

but when I've tried 150ft,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I wanted more suction

A.K.A.
Andy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12