Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Urine Stains and General Spot Removal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Kool-aid is not cool

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/September/2007 at 5:15pm
Nunnin to it..
Sponsored Links

FriendlyHammer View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/November/2007 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by Hammy Hammy wrote:

Heat transfer on a car interior, your a brave man. Peroxide and amonia would do the same     

What ratio do you use?
ChemicallyFried View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChemicallyFried Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/November/2007 at 8:43pm
Koolaid is one of the easier stains I deal with.  Now TOUGH is a plant placed in a brown wicker basket that someone waters and fertilizes for months.  The water overflows onto the carpet with fertilizer in it.  The brown stain from the wicker soaks into the carpet along with water and dirt, and it is all burned in to the carpet with fertilizer as it bakes in the sun every afternoon by the patio door.  Then the customer thinks they will clean it up and rubs a soapy cloth into the stain making it worse. 

NOW THATS TUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!Top that one somebody....Smile
I can remove more spots than you can.
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/November/2007 at 1:39am
Originally posted by Roger Roger wrote:

Like somebody did say use red relive from pros choice for red stains and steam iron but be carefull .

1 spray red relive

2 cover white towel

3 use steam iron few sec at time  works very good .

Pro Choice's Red One is like magic.  Same process as Red Relive. 

I keep around the regular Pro Choice Red and use part A on yellow kool aid.
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/November/2007 at 1:44am
CF, try the "and can you get that out to?  I think the kids spilled some bleach there".

My answer is "do you still have the kids?  You could try listing them on craigslist."
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
ChemicallyFried View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChemicallyFried Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/December/2007 at 10:27pm
WinkKoolaid is easy to take out if you got the system down pat.  Listen carefully.  Mix part A & B of Red relief (NOT RED 1) together.  Pour it into the stain and aggitate for a few seconds with a brush or your fingers.  Wet down a healthy thick wet clothe with cold water and put it over the stain after a standard wring out of the excess water.  Apply a hot iron on its hottest (hottest) setting with steam for 20-25 seconds.  Pull the iron off and let the clothe sit in place for 60 more seconds.  Do it again and again if you have to letting the carpet cool for a bit   between steamings.  Rinse out the clothe almost after each use.  The theory being the cool thick clothe saves the carpet while the super hot steam erases the stain.  YOU MUST GET THE IRON SUPER HOT!  Luke warm wimpy iron wont do much at all. Turn that iron up and wet that clothe.  No cheese baby.  I've never burnt the carpet yet.  25 seconds max though per melt down.  And dont leave you white clothe sopping wet, that dont work.  Wink
Go ahead...make my day.....
I can remove more spots than you can.
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/December/2007 at 11:40pm
Different strokes for different folks.
Refined View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Refined Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/August/2008 at 12:54am
I too say red relief! Works Period.
-Refined Carpet Cleaning
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/August/2008 at 10:12am
Medium setting here. High seems to burn the damp cloth faster and this heat needs time to  transfer the dye.. But like duck said different strokes..
Core Products "JuiceOut".. No mixing involved..!

Edited by John L - 10/August/2008 at 10:13am
BigFoot22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigFoot22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/August/2008 at 10:58am
place a rug over it... :(
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/August/2008 at 1:22pm
Put kool-aid in the tank and make it impossible to see the spot anymore.  Less work, $.05/quart.

And the cost of the dye job - zero dollars
The expression on their faces - priceless
SteamProNYC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteamProNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/March/2009 at 10:52am

Assuming that the carpet is nylon, with kool aid stains, I extract as much of the kool aid as possible first. Next I pour an oxidizer onto the spot, place a terry cloth and hot iron on top. I let it sit for 20 seconds, let the carpet cool and repeat until it's completely gone. Get a liability release signed from the customer prior to doing this. There are no guarantees it'll come out.

Steam Pro Carpet Cleaning NY - Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning in NYC.
Remove Ink Carpet - Remove Ink Stains
weaver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/April/2009 at 3:02am
I mixed Red 1 tonight and Power Gel by Pros' Choice and left it on the carpet without rinsing.  Have you or anyone ever done that? The stains came out but now I am wondering will the carpet be OK.  Should I call the customer and go back and rinse?
Noel Weaver
stewartmedia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stewartmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/September/2009 at 3:05am
What are talking about? doesn't sound like stain removal LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>