Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Urine Stains and General Spot Removal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Kool-aid is not cool

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2004 at 4:43pm
Remember your the professional...she knows nothing about carpet cleaning
Sponsored Links

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2004 at 6:01pm

As a salesman you have to read between the words that come out of her mouth, and watch every hand motion, eye movement and in general BODY LANGUAGE. If she's telling you that the last carpet cleaner is great and she likes his work........why then is she still useing up her valuable time talking to you, what does that tell you. If there are red stains on her carpet to show you, obviously the last guy didn't get them out, or they keep comming back, and that's the same thing.They're still there, nobodies getting them out or people keep putting new ones in and she probably knows what those stains are. Ask her what they are ( If you knows ) The only way to sell anything as a salesman is The KISS system ( Keep it simple Stupid ) and always be closing. She says can you get these stains out, you answer, I'll do my very best, when would you like the work to be done. She says it costs too much.......you answer...how much too much.....make her commit. The red stuff may be her concern at that moment, address it as I stated above and walk away to other stains that you know will come out and focus her attention to those. If she is a hard sell try some chemical, and hot water, blot and show her what the situation is, when the carpet is wet and all fluffed up it looks cleaner, then close again don't ask her what she thinks.....just say when would you like me to do the complete job and while saying that go to another stain elsewhere the one you know will come out quickly to impress her further. Close  Close  Close Always be closing.

Jack         NIGHTRIDER 

PRINCE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRINCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2004 at 8:38pm
Fantastic advice........from a master salesman.......listen and learn everyone. good stuff nightrider
We have the cleaning solution that's right for you
mark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2004 at 3:58pm

re: red juice removal

red,orange brown,white whatever the case may be,they can all be dealt with.theres good money in carpet cleaning but even better money in problem stain removal.There are a lot of chemicals that will do the job.I have used the colormatch kool aid stain remover and i have even used chemspecs spray an go powder coffee remover with 100% success for excellent $$$.the trick is in the steamer an repitition.sometimes you go too far in which case you have to add some color back.As for paint i use acetone,works great with a little agitation,be carefull though,if too much is used and not rinsed properly it will eat the backing of the carpet.Hope this helps.

LilNiteRidrhood View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/April/2004 at 10:57pm

Oxidizers can eat the dye, the two part ammonia/H2O2 do well too.

The use of a steamer or iron can accerate the process.

We have a DCI light that is amazing and safe.

cleencarpet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleencarpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/March/2005 at 7:33pm
koll-aid comes out 100% of the time.
pros-choice red relief and an iron
i go in apartments that literally can have up to 30 kool-aid stains when
we leave you would of never known there was kids living there before
Americancarpet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Americancarpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/March/2005 at 11:18pm
Cleencarpet......that Rotovac helps tremendously too! Don't you agree?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleencarpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/March/2005 at 11:50pm
yes i love the Rotovac.
i have a cmx20 and a prochem power glide but i always find my self
running the rv i also have the brushes for it on really bad carpets ill put
the brushes on and hook up the rv to my portable fill the porty with pre-
spray and apply it with the rv and brushes then i hook up the rv with the
normal cleaning heads to my truck mount and clean away.
i like the fact that its so light and easy to use.
i have done some stuff with the rv that i still cant believe it came clean.
that method works awsome for cat and dog urine just fill the porty with a
pros choice molecular modifier or equivilant liquid alive type chemical
and add a strong deodorizer i have never had a call back on pet urine yet.
Lisa Smith View Drop Down
Cute Buns
Cute Buns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2005 at 12:44am

The Rotovac is the king of residential cleaning tools, I used to use it on every job. Cliff at Rotovac said I had more hours on my RV than anyone else. But it sits on the truck now...hardly ever comes off anymore, thanks to the ti wand with glide. We are working on PROPER fitting glides for the RV that will not compromise the qualities that make it such a great tool...ie: the "steam chamber effect" of the stainless cups/heads. Only help it dry faster, glide easier and keep it from marring baseboards and tile.

We are looking for about five more people who use the RV regularly on many different carpet who would like to be Beta testers when they are done. Anyone here want to get on the list? Glides are free to Beta testers...we just ask that you give us regular and hoinest feedback on the performance. These glides will not be available for sale to the general public until all Beta tests are complete and all refinements have been made...probably summer at the very earliest.

As for KoolAid stains...I like Red Vanish a lot, it is a one part and doesn't require heat. I have had luck with Sodium Hydrosulfite (Is it available in Canada?) on the hopeless old cases...but you have to be VERY carefull with it. Don't use it unless you know how. It is very unstable and can cause color loss if you don't watch it closely. It is also spontaneously combustible....fun. fun, fun! Great for dye migration on oriental rugs too.

I've never tried Goof Off (a solvent) on Koolaid, I wouldn't think it would work, but I will give it a shot next time I run across one Jack. You learn something new everyday!

Take care,

Lisa

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2005 at 12:16pm

Lisa,

I have a rotovac and would be happy to test the glides for you. I don't use it much now because I think it leaves the carpet too wet. If your glides work, I would use it more frequently.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleencarpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2005 at 12:33pm
yes the RV does lrave the carpets a little wetter then im comfortable with
so i always hook up my wand and dry stroke after scrubbing.

chris
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Americancarpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2005 at 4:03pm
I've also found that it leaves the carpet wetter than I would like. However, I have corrected a lot of that problem by simply adjusting the water output. A decent prespray application usually makes up any shortfalls in water usage.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleencarpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2005 at 4:11pm
ya when you run the water flow lower run the heat higher and you can
get good results. but then i make sure im using a good rinsing agent to
help break up the pre-spray so i dont get any residue left in the carpet.
with high water volume its really not a concern as all is flushed out fairly
easily.
a good pre-spray makes your life so much easier.

Chris
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Americancarpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2005 at 5:31pm
I have use several different kinds of prespray before with various results. I have found that a natural orange degreaser works best. Mix 3/4 cup with a gallon of hot water and there isn't much it can't break up. Doesn't hurt the carpet at all and makes cleaning much easier.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>