Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Create and Participate in Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Pre-Spray vs. Detergent in Tank

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Do you pre-spray OR do you extract with detergent in your tank?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
42 [60.00%]
3 [4.29%]
19 [27.14%]
6 [8.57%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kkforumadmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pre-Spray vs. Detergent in Tank
    Posted: 02/March/2004 at 2:02am
Comments appreciatated.
Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/March/2004 at 10:48pm
I have aquestion for all the cleaners who use a pre spray.  Are you rinsing with water or with a rinsing agent?  How are you applying your pre spray? Pump up, hhydro forse or electric sprayer?  Are you just pre spraying the bad spots or the entire room?  There are advantages to applying your per spray hot, but I guess everyone already knows that.
LeeS. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeS. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/March/2004 at 10:06pm
Spraymaster, spray the entire room, rinse agent from time to time depending on which prespray.
Rotti123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rotti123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/April/2004 at 3:49pm

Pre-spray entire room, then extract with detergent in tank.  Never tried hot pre-spray though.

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2004 at 12:46pm
pre-spray and no soap in the tank.....rinse is nice
Cd-Ron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cd-Ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/May/2004 at 1:29am

Prespray one room @ a time with hydro force, aggitate, let it sit, then rinse. Works well in most situations.

-Ron

gmoney View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 9:36pm
Pre spray and water rinse
If you know what is good for you get it dry as quickly as possible
beamer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 11:41pm
The only time i use a rinse agent like fab set , if i think browning may be possible . If it occurs i use brownout .
JCOOPER View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCOOPER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/April/2005 at 8:59pm
I WAS TOLD TO PRE SPRAY THE USE SOAP IN TANK.WHY JUST WATER IN TANK?????????????
JCOOPER
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/April/2005 at 9:06pm
Pre-spray hydroforce entire room. Rinse w/detergent.
Advantage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Advantage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/May/2005 at 6:34pm
I prespray the entire room with the Hydro-Force then extract w/extraction chem.  Then neutralize and rake out. 
CCT, UFT, OCT, CRT, RRT, WRT, SMT, FSRT, JTC, JSR, JWR, MTC a great life, if you don't weaken.

Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/May/2005 at 11:58am
I prespray and rinse all carpets, but only use emusifier in the rinse for the bad ones.Acid rinse the rest.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/July/2005 at 3:14am

lately I've been using alot of good ol water for rinsing

doesn't tend to get that "brightness" that emulsifiers leave behind but carpets are much softer and less likely to resoil

If it's nasty I'll also use an emulsifier though

the one I use is neutral ph

A.K.A.
Andy
Dennis Conner View Drop Down
SGK Basher
SGK Basher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis Conner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/July/2005 at 12:15pm

Originally posted by Superglide Ken Superglide Ken wrote:

I prespray and rinse all carpets, but only use emusifier in the rinse for the bad ones.Acid rinse the rest.

Look at kennibois van and you will see that he doesn't work much!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>