Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Create and Participate in Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

cleaning marble and granite

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Poll Question: Who all clean natural stone?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [16.67%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [50.00%]
1 [16.67%]
1 [16.67%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cleaning marble and granite
    Posted: 05/June/2008 at 4:49pm
guys, do to the fact that you are already in the homes, do you all take advantage and bid on the stone floors and counter tops?

The stone guys charge $7 and up per sqf for floors and start at $20 for countertops. and some of them charge as high as $750.00 per seam.
quality natural stone care through a network of qualified natural stone professionals

Sponsored Links

Mark McMaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark McMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/June/2008 at 6:05pm
I do. But I also work in a fab shop as well with granite and marble counters.
Don't take your organs to heaven.....
Heaven knows we need them here

www.mcmastertile.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark McMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/June/2008 at 11:43am
$750 per seam.........WOW!!! I can't get that money around here. But then it's like with everything, demographics play a factor.

Have a good one. Mark

www.mcmastertile.com
joh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/June/2008 at 1:39pm
Do not say that.
A lot of people in my area say that they can not get $750 for a seam also, but it is all up to you and who you market to.

Here is a $800 seam, it is not one of my best but it displays what you get for your money and it took less than 2 hours to do.

Edited by joh - 07/June/2008 at 1:46pm
quality natural stone care through a network of qualified natural stone professionals

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark McMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/June/2008 at 9:36am
Have to go and look at a green marble counter this afternoon. Not looking forward to it as I know green can be a real bear to work with. Why do people put marble on counters always boggles my mind. Any suggestions?

www.mcmastertile.com
joh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/June/2008 at 10:45am
I love when they do stuff like that, after all that is how we make our money.
If you can take pictures of the stone I may be able to help you out. Re-polishing green is not as hard as people make it seem.

an average top of 60 sft with normal wear and etch marks can be finish in less than 3 hours.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark McMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/June/2008 at 3:42pm
Just got back from looking at the counter. Lots of etching, a few tiny holes, even areas where it looks like it was used as a cutting board.Uh,%20uh,%20uh Said she's been using vinegar and water to clean it.Wacko
 Now if I could only figure out how to post pics, I'd put them up.

www.mcmastertile.com
joh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/June/2008 at 6:11pm
it is easy to post an image on this forum, here is the code that you will need.
 or you can just click on this button in the tool bar and place the image link in the pop up window.

Edited by joh - 16/June/2008 at 6:19pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark McMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/June/2008 at 6:53pm

Try this

Edited by Mark McMaster - 16/June/2008 at 6:59pm

www.mcmastertile.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark McMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/June/2008 at 7:02pm
woohoo! Look at me. LOL Thanks Joh. Sorry they're so big.
You can see $hitty even one of the seams are.

www.mcmastertile.com
joh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/June/2008 at 10:09pm
That top is a mess and not for the reasons you may think.
To polish the surface you can start with the 100 grit and finish up at the 800 grit followed up with a little 5x and water.

The mess that I see is with the edges. I can see oil and it looks like the edges were never polish. to correct this, mix flour and a degreaser and use as a poultice before you polish the profile.

The seam is not as bad as you may think. You have two ways of doing this. the first is to cut away the seam and anything that may stop you from pushing the slab closer before re-seaming the top. or you can just remove the seam and layer your colors as you are playing connect the dots. Once you have you colors, simply polish with your 500, 800, and 1000 grit.

I hope you get paid what this job is worth.
If you give me the sizes, I can show you how I broke it down, not saying that it will work for you, but it can give you an idea what other people do.

joh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2008 at 10:25am
Here is a green marble that I did a few years back.
This job took me five hours to do.

I did the whole kitchen and charge a little over four thousand.

Please notice the window framing and the fact that we left no waves on the surface. This is why we get pay what we ask.  Polishing a full slab is not the same as polishing a seam or profile. It does take a little skill.

Edited by joh - 17/June/2008 at 10:29am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark McMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2008 at 12:57pm
Nice work Joh. Beautiful work Joh actually!!! The one I looked is 2ft X 14ft. She only wants the one done.

www.mcmastertile.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark McMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2008 at 1:35pm
BTW JOH I just checked your profile and you are "THE MAN" when it comes to this stuff. I've see much of your work on the net over the past year or so. I'm hoping to get down there for one of those courses as well.

www.mcmastertile.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>