Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Create and Participate in Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

cleaning marble and granite

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Poll Question: Who all clean natural stone?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [16.67%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [50.00%]
1 [16.67%]
1 [16.67%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark McMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/June/2008 at 9:00pm
I should have taken pics of the sink as well. It's a top mount. I should probably duct tape off the sink edges just to be safe in case I hit with the diamonds.
 It's a tight area between the taps and faucet to the blacksplash and sink.
Don't take your organs to heaven.....
Heaven knows we need them here

www.mcmastertile.com
Sponsored Links

joh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/June/2008 at 9:37pm
Have them remove the tap and faucets.
Do you polish the sink as well?
I find that polishing the sink makes your job look a whole lot better.

quality natural stone care through a network of qualified natural stone professionals

Mark McMaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark McMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/June/2008 at 11:51pm
Thanks Jos. I'll stop by in the next week and mention about them removing the taps or I have to charge extra, I think it's usually 31/2" or 4" from the sink to the back splash. I usually try to make it 4"

On another note. Installed a white Persian Granite today. Disaster from the "get go" Chipped both pieces of granite on the install. I ended up faking it in by using the technique that you suggested JOS and they could not even tell the dif.  My buddy (the owner) could not believe it.  Where was the cam then. LOL

www.mcmastertile.com
joh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/June/2008 at 5:50am
This is the type of stuff I like to hear.
sorry you did not have the camera, but now you know how simple it is to make a repair look like a natural part of stone.
quality natural stone care through a network of qualified natural stone professionals

Mark McMaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark McMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/July/2008 at 5:09pm
Crap!!! Forgot to send in some pics!!Cry So much for that.
The guy in the shop told me today I'll never be able to get those scratches out of that counter. He says that the scratches will be stained and the marks will still be there.Shocked I told him I'll get them out.
 I'll start with the 50 and start feathering the other grits. I guess I should start where the scratches are and then work my way down the counter but I should not have to go all the way down tho just so long as not to make any dips where I start grinding. Buddy's kinda got me thinking now if I should tackle thisDeadDead

Did you make that short vid yet Joh?

Have a good one. Mark

www.mcmastertile.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234