Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Spitfire 3.2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spitfire 3.2
    Posted: 29/March/2008 at 6:26pm
Here's the situation..

My friend went to start the tm and it didn't turn over.. So I looked at the coupler shaft going into the blower and he turned it over again.. The engine side wanted to turn and the blower side didn't budge.. OK seized up blower..

He takes it to the dealer under warranty and they crank on the coupler shaft with a pipe wrench.. Fine and dandy.. He should have lubricated the heck out of it for a day or two.. They start it at the shop and it sound OK so he says.. I wasn't there..

His first job the other day he calls me and says his tm is running but lacks power.. misfires.. backfires.. and wouldn't go to high rpm's..

I check sparkplugs and they are black as coal.. all carboned up and black coming out the exhaust.. We shoot gumout down the carb..

What could it be?  Rich mixure.. yea with the black plugs.. water in fuel.. It's electronic ignition so theres no adjustments.. Electronic ignition coil/module determines the timing and this is fixed..

I'm thinking possibly timing is off now since the dealer mech. wrenched hard on the coupler shaft with out disengaging it from the engine shaft.. This could cause the flywheel key to shear off  and affect the timing..

It could be other things also..

Any other idea men..?

Edited by John L - 29/March/2008 at 6:30pm
Sponsored Links

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/March/2008 at 8:08pm
Maybe there is crud/rust inside the blower which is causing the engine to slow downOuch

The STD Meter
FuzzSucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzSucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2008 at 1:19am
I would agree with cmaster.  The blower will get rust on the inner walls and lobes.  Run a ton of oil down into the blower.  

Edited by FuzzSucker - 06/January/2009 at 11:40pm
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2008 at 10:39am
OK.. A posssiblity.. We can disconnect the coupler and see what happens.. It should run strong if cmaster is right..
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2008 at 11:14am

Check the fuel filter as well. It could be that simpleBig%20smile

The STD Meter
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2008 at 2:03pm
All the small stuffs been checked.. And all good.. Thanks for all the advice.. Its still under warranty so my friend is driving it to the dealer tomorrow.. I will let you all know what it was..
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2008 at 2:42pm
Duh. If it's under warranty, let them fix itLOL

The STD Meter
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2008 at 6:59pm
Yea..  jobs needed to be done. I had to do them.. Got 100% of the money.. Big%20smile
 Thats the plan now but we wanted to check it out to save him 150mile round trip.. Will know in a few days what it was..
 Post Reply Post Reply