Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Most powerful portable in Ontario

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/May/2008 at 11:39pm
The Rug Doctor is Gold Level rated by CRI. What makes your machine better????

Seriously, the CRI has no clue about equipment testing. If you send your customers to the site to find your machine, they will also find the Rug Doctor and instead of hiring you, they may just head to the grocery store to rent oneOuch

The STD Meter
Sponsored Links

MBCC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MBCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/May/2008 at 12:48am
Better check that again. Rug Doctor is Not certified Gold as a "Portable Extractor". RD is Gold rated as a "Cleaning System" when used with special products.

As an Extractor.. RD is certified BRONZE. And that is a fact.

I would never take a Bronze piece of crap anywhere, except maybe to do the upholstery in my truck.

Is there any other professional organization besides CRI that certifies machines? I think it's a stretch to dismiss them as not having a clue.

"Quality service guaranteed"
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/May/2008 at 1:18am
When used with RD products which is what you get when you rent the RD. Try and explain the difference to a consumer.

If the CRI puts the RD on par with a commercial extractor, they really have no clue. This has been discussed at length on other cc'ing boards. It's not real world testing. They use no oils in their "designer soil". What carpet soil has no oils in it???

I just looked at the site again and see that the RD system was tested using the NASA XRF system and got a gold rating. The Solus wasn't tested that way. Are they suggesting that the RD system is better than your machine???

It's twistedWacko

The STD Meter
MBCC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MBCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/May/2008 at 1:32am
Oh yeah it's confusing as hell to the consumer. Maybe thats where the money comes in... pay CRI enough and they'll create a separate category to improve your score! Nevermind it only uses RD products and requires 4 passes!   I suppose my toothbrush would qualify with 200 passes.

Good points all. But is there another organization that grades machines without NASA mumbo jumbo?
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/May/2008 at 1:54am
So does the equipment make the operator a professional or can it be argued that the professional makes sense of the equipment by serving as the surgeon?  Man or machine?  If machine, hire some wet-backs, hang out on the beach and find new ways of spending money.  I suspect the operator is critical.  Of course, maybe that is just in my business.  I could be wrong.
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/May/2008 at 2:15am
operator is critical? That is a for sure there duck.. Anyways for the best results possible..
baires View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/May/2008 at 2:24am
MBCC, We were talking about to find a machine built here in Canada and ready to run on 15 amps (built in Canada to avoid warranty problems and run on 15 amps to avoid dryers outlets).
Finally I apreciatte If you can tell me how many CFM in your Solus 500??
MBCC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MBCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/May/2008 at 2:38am
CFM isn't in the specs. 85% recovery is what I have personally measured.   When I use the vacs to clean out the recovery tank it sucks up 2 gallons fast. I havent timed it but I will when I'm bored.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123