Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

$$$what's up with pricing$$$

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepScrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $$$what's up with pricing$$$
    Posted: 07/March/2008 at 1:14am
I started cleaning carpet on my own in august of 07!Not to brag but I feel I do very good work.However it's starting to get difficult to keep jobs with low lifes cleaning rooms for $10 with a floor scruber and no extraction."People call and say well this guy did it for this etc"...It really is starting to piss me off!!Customers think I should clean their carpet for dirt cheap!

How do you attract customers in nice areas with money?? I only get calls for the poor areas of my city (cleveland,OH)I hand out a ton of flyers in the real nice areas and don't recieve any calls?The poor areas call and don't want to spend any money!!I won't give up though I pass out flyers every day!!
"DO YOUR BEST"
Sponsored Links

B Rice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B Rice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/March/2008 at 2:55am
use a web ads...poor people don't have a computerJig
DeepScrub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepScrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/March/2008 at 8:51am
good idea^^^^^
"DO YOUR BEST"
pbm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/March/2008 at 11:20am
I started up a cleaning company 10 years ago i always bid high dont have alot of accounts but the ones i do have pay will sometimes1,000 more then other bids they get...i got a freind that does the some work bids cheap works 9 hour a night i work 3 made 30,000 more then him last year...WORK SMART NOT HARD ALWAYS STICK TO YOUR PRICES....http://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif
The bonnet pro
DCC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2008 at 4:09pm

It is an interesting phenomenon, Sears and SS get THEIR prices not matter what. And provide far inferior service. If you are good, stick to your guns. I have found price to be the hardest part of a business.

Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2008 at 6:47pm
You have it backwards. Never start out trying to make residential the core of your business. Even if you were moderatly sucessful at it, you would starve before you got them back as repeat customers. Referals will not be enough to keep you going either, unless you are very well capitalized when you start.

You need a plan, and a very regular source of income when you are starting out. Draw up a cash flow projection for the next 12 months, showing what you expect to spend in goods and services each month. It will be close to $1000/month if you are using a single truck and portable. If you use a TM, it will be closer to $2000/month. Now add to that what you need your business to pay you each month to keep going. Most will need to put at least $2000 more per month down for this.

You will now have monthly expenses of $3000 to $4000 each month just to break even. If you don't do it you are out of business. So how do you cover this?

You start off in the commercial side of the business FIRST. Forget the residential except what comes to you FREE from your commercial accounts. Commercial business can be set up to pay you MONTHLY. So you need to knock on doors and get the business yourself. In the begining, set aside 3 days per week to knock on business prospects in your area. Only 2 or 3 days for cleaning. Once your monthly sales reach $5000/month, and you are coving expenses every month, cut your sales days down to 2 days per week and do more cleaning.Only cut back to 1 sales day per week when your monthly sales exceed $20,000/month, and never reduce it below that number.

When your cashflow is over $20,000/month, then go after the residential market. Most companies fail in this business because they starve for sales . They starve for sales because they are poor business managers, not bad carpet cleaners.

As Ted would say, clean smart. A little thought would keep you in the game long enough to do well, without the need to close the doors or waste thousands on flyers that nearly always end up in the garbage. Execute your business well on the commercial side, and you will have more refferals than you can handle. Then YOU can pick and choose what you want to do.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2008 at 11:35pm

Please.. Its not going to cost a 1000 more a month using a TM vs a portable.. The Van is the major gas hog..

Go for both.. Don't wait till you make 20K month.. You may never reach that goal..

Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2008 at 12:33am
Originally posted by John L John L wrote:

Please.. Its not going to cost a 1000 more a month using a TM vs a portable.. The Van is the major gas hog..

Go for both.. Don't wait till you make 20K month.. You may never reach that goal..

Guess you have never run a direct drive TM then John. If you look at all the costs(including depreciation) the cost is easily $1000 more per month to put out than running a portable.I took it in to account a cleaner paid Cash for the portable, but had to make payments of $600/mo on the TM. Add in the gas of a couple of hundred and insurance and you are there.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2008 at 12:59am
I put an add in the Yellow pages from the start and has worked well for me.  I get mid income houses and 99% of the calls are residential.  Started off with price lower and have slowly worked it up.
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2008 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Superglide Ken Superglide Ken wrote:

Originally posted by John L John L wrote:

Guess you have never run a direct drive TM then John. If you look at all the costs(including depreciation) the cost is easily $1000 more per month to put out than running a portable.I took it in to account a cleaner paid Cash for the portable, but had to make payments of $600/mo on the TM. Add in the gas of a couple of hundred and insurance and you are there.

Your right there Ken.. Never ran a dd.. But have had 4 diff. portys and 2 diff TM's.. OK maybe so with the dd.. But not so with my midsize TM.. I don't have the monthly payments.. Big%20smile

Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2008 at 4:07pm
Kenny just wants to sell his bullsh*t!
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2008 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Hammy Hammy wrote:

Kenny just wants to sell his bullsh*t!

Can I make money doing that? Please identify the buyers hammy and I will get right on it!
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2008 at 4:13pm
Kenny you would steel from your own MOTHER!
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2008 at 7:28pm
Nope. I wouldn't even steal from YOUR mother, Hammy. I am toohonest a person for that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>