Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Introduce yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

*taptaptap* Hello? Is this thing on?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *taptaptap* Hello? Is this thing on?
    Posted: 27/June/2004 at 4:09am
Been lurking for a couple of days here, and just thought I'd say hello.  Our company, Surroundings, is based in South Australia.  We started up in February, but my dad has a carpet  cleaning place in California, so it's not 100% new to me.  I've been here in Australia since '91.

Got an FX 88 HP portable and an RX-20.  Besides carpet, there's lots of slate floors and tiles that my customers have me clean.  About half my work so far has been domestic, but I've got a couple of pub owners and winerys that  have started using our company.  I think they know that they'll get all their money back from me anyway....

-Allen
Sponsored Links

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/June/2004 at 11:04pm

G'day Mate.... and welcome aboard... If you need help just post, there are a lot of people with answers here....some good some bad but answers none the less

Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/June/2004 at 11:51am

Welcome Allen

I see you have a sense of humor, which is good because you will need it from time to time posting here.

How do you find using the FX88 and RX-20 together. I have heard the FX is pretty powerful and you would have to be using three cords. Are you on 110volt or 220volt?

The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
surroundings View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/June/2004 at 11:32pm
Mr. Steamer, G'day back to you too... one type of  Australian slang is to shorten and add an " ie " to the end of words, you'd just be, "Steamie" around here I think.  Steamy Mr. Steamer: Carpet & Rug Cleaner... there's a really dirty limirick in there somewhere!

Adwa, thanks for the welcome.  THe FX-88 takes two cords, but I'm on 220 volts, and I can plug them in to the same outlet without tripping a breaker.  The RX-20 then has it's own cord.  To get maximum heat, I  use the customer's hot water, then run it through an electric heater, so that's a FOURTH cord.  I usually reserve that for pubs or the really grotty jobs.  I did a pub last night (8:30 PM - 3 AM *whew*) where the manager had been there for 8 months and had not in that time had the carpets cleaned.  This is a pub where the local motorcycle gang hangs out all night, and the factory workers after their shifts late at night are usually lined up at 7 AM when it opens, and the vineyard workers hit it in the afternoon.  Busy & Filthy.  All the cr*p melted straight off. 

I can't comment on how it compares with other systems, but I know this: after 7 years of slamming portable users,  my dad mirrored my set-up for his operation in California, and his old truckmount is now rarely used.  To be fair, though, it was an older unit.  I will get a truckmount at some stage, if our company survives!

Thanks again,

Allen
 Post Reply Post Reply